ANALYSIS OF PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF UKRAINE’S FOREIGN TRADE WITH EU COUNTRIES
KHAIETSKA Olha – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, Head of the Department of Economics and Entrepreneurship, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3, Soniachna Str., e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The article analyzes the peculiarities of Ukraine’s foreign trade with other countries, including the EU countries. The development of foreign trade is important for the analysis of the economic situation of the country, reflects the attitude of the world’s countries to domestic production. The trajectory of foreign trade development is determined. It forms reserves for increasing the level of international trade relations and increases the competitiveness of Ukrainian production.
The dynamics of changes in the geographical and commodity structure of international trade in goods and services during 2018-2020 is given, the share of the European Union in foreign trade, which is a key trading partner of Ukraine, is determined. The main groups of goods and services exported and imported by Ukraine are studied. The main reasons for the decrease in foreign trade turnover are substantiated. In addition, it was established that the main partner countries of Ukraine in international trade are China, Poland, the United States, Germany and the EU countries.
The important component of Ukraine’s foreign trade is international trade in agricultural products. The article presents statistical data on the commodity structure of agricultural exports with the EU countries. Ukraine’s relations in the field of trade in agricultural products became important after the signing of the Association between Ukraine and the EU, which ensures the irreversibility of Ukraine’s European integration and it is priority for socially important reforms.
It is studied that in order to improve Ukraine's foreign economic trade with the European Union, it is necessary to implement measures to modernize key export-oriented sectors of the economy, improve cooperation with other countries, pursue effective foreign economic policy, and strengthen the position of domestic manufacturers in foreign markets of goods and services.
It is noted that cooperation with the European Union is one of the main priorities of Ukraine’s foreign economic policy. The article presents ways to improve Ukraine’s foreign trade and directions of improvement of foreign trade activity.
1. Biuleten stanu torhovelnykh vidnosyn mizh Ukrainoiu ta YeS u 2020 rotsi [Bulletin of the state of trade relations between Ukraine and the EU in 2020]. me.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://www.me.gov.ua/Documents/Detail?lang=uk-UA&id=2d47dab0-2594-4372-836c-2b636928f34a&title=BiuletenPotochnogoStanuTorgovelnikhVidnosinMizhUkrainoiuTas [in Ukrainian].
2. Zovnishnia torhivlia Ukrainy tovaramy ta posluhamy u 2020 rotsi [Ukraine’s foreign trade in goods and services in 2020]. me.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://www.me.gov.ua/Documents/Detail?lang=uk-UA&id=76438c62-5e54-4931-ad98-7fe59d004a2a&title=ZovnishniaTorgivliaUkrainiTovaramiTaPoslugamiU2020-Rotsi [in Ukrainian].
3. Bezmytni taryfni kvoty ta yikhnie vykorystannia [Duty-free tariff quotas and their use]. eu-ua.kmu.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://eu-ua.kmu.gov.ua/zona-vilnoi-torhivli/bezmytni-taryfni-kvoty-ta-yihnie-vykorystannia [in Ukrainian].
4. Ofitsiinyi sait Derzhavnoi sluzhby statystyky Ukrainy [Official site of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
5. Ministerstvo rozvytku ekonomiky, torhivli ta silskoho hospodarstva Ukrainy. Esport tovariv ta posluh Ukrainy [Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine. Export of goods and services of Ukraine]. me.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://www.me.gov.ua/?lang=uk-UA [in Ukrainian].
6. Natsionalnyi instytut stratehichnykh doslidzhen. Shchodo zovnishnoi torhivli tovaramy Ukrainy u 2020 rotsi [National Institute for Strategic Studies. Regarding foreign trade in goods of Ukraine in 2020]. niss.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://niss.gov.ua/sites/default/files/2021-01/zed-2020.pdf [in Ukrainian].
7. Zovnishnia torhivlia Ukrainy za 2020 rik. Statystychnyi zbirnyk [Ukraine’s foreign trade, 2020. Statistical publication]. Kyiv: State Statistics Service of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
8. Krupyak, I.Ya. (2017). Vektory zovnishnoi torhivli derzhavy v umovakh suchasnykh ekonomichnykh peretvoren [Vectors of foreign trade of the state in the conditions of modern economic transformations]. Visnyk Mykolaivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni V.O. Sukhomlynskoho. Ekonomichni nauky – Bulletin of the V.О. Sukhomlynskyi National University of Mykolaiv. Economic sciences, 20, 158-162 [in Ukrainian].
9. Pakhucha, E.V., Filimonov, Yu.L., & Leshchenko, L.O. (2019). Strukturni zminy zovnishnoi torhivlia Ukrainy ahrarnoiu produktsiieiu [Structural changes in Ukraine’s foreign trade in agricultural products]. Efektyvna ekomika – Efficient economy, 3. Retrieved from: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/pdf/3_2019/50.pdf. DOI: 10.32702/2307-2105-2019.3.48 [in Ukrainian].
10. Broiaka, A.A. (2020). Perspektyvy rozvytku zovnishnoekonomichnoi diialnosti pidpryiemstv APK [Prospects for the development of foreign economic activity of agricultural enterprises]. Ekonomika, finansy, menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky – Economics, finance, management: topical issues of science and practical activity, 1 (51), 146-159. DOI: 10.37128/2411-4413-2020-1-10 [in Ukrainian].
11. Khaietska, O.P. (2017). Suchasni tendentsii zovnishnoekonomichnoi diialnosti Ukrainy [Current trends in foreign economic activity of Ukraine]. Ekonomika. Finansy. Pravo – Economy. Finances. Right, 2, 79-83 [in Ukrainian].
12. Honcharuk, I.V. (2020). Enerhetychna nezalezhnist APK na zasadakh staloho rozvytku [Energy independence of agro-industrial complex on the basis of sustainable development]. Investytsiyi: praktyka ta dosvid – Investments: practice and experience, 17-18, 29-36. DOI: 10.32702/2306-6806.2020.10.93 [in Ukrainian].
13. Honcharuk, I.V. (2020). Suchasnyi stan enerhozabezpechennia ahropromyslovoho kompleksu Ukrainy [The current state of energy supply of the agro-industrial complex of Ukraine]. Ekonomika ta derzhava – Economy and state, 10, 93-98. DOI: 10.32702/2306-6814.2020.17-18.29 [in Ukrainian].
14. Stavska, Yu.V., & Hlukha, A.O. (2018). Perspektyvy rozvytku zovnishnoekonomichnoi diialnosti Ukrainy v umovakh yevrointehratsii [Prospects for the development of Ukraine’s foreign economic activity in the context of European integration]. Pryazovskyi ekonomichnyi visnyk – Priazovsky Economic Bulletin, 5 (10), 59-64 [in Ukrainian].
15. Alaverdian, L.M., & Romanenko, O.V. (2019). Suchasni realii ta perspektyvy rozvytku zovnishnoi torhivli ukrainy z inshymy krainamy svitu [Modern realities and prospects of Ukraine’s foreign trade with other countries]. Efektyvna ekonomika – Efficient economy, 4. DOI: 10.32702/2307-2105-2019.4.53. Retrieved from: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/pdf/4_2019/55 [in Ukrainian].
16. Kachka T. Nemaie pidstav vvodyty obmezhennia eksportu zernovyk [There are no grounds to impose restrictions on grain exports]. agropolit.com. Retrieved from: https://agropolit.com/interview/856-taras-kachka-nemaye-pidstav-vvoditi-obmejennya-eksportu-zernovih [in Ukrainian].
17. Andriichuk, V.H., & Ivanov, Ye.I. (2014). Vplyv uhody pro asotsiatsiiu mizh Ukrainoiu ta YeS na mytno-taryfne rehuliuvannia i zovnishnotorhovelnyi rezhym storin [The impact of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU on customs and tariff regulation and foreign trade regime of the parties]. Zovnishnia torhivlia: ekonomika, finansy, pravo – Foreign trade: economics, finance, law, 3, 4-15 [in Ukrainian].
18. Nepriadkina, N.V. (2018). Osoblyvosti y perspektyvy rozvytku zovnishnoi torhivli Ukrainy i YeS silskohospodarskoiu produktsiieiu [Features and prospects of development of foreign trade of Ukraine and the EU in agricultural products]. Visnyk Kharkivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni V.N. Karazina. Seriia «Mizhnarodni vidnosyny. Ekonomika. Krainoznavstvo. Turyzm» – Bulletin of V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University. Series «International Relations. Economy. Local lore. Tourism», 7, 60-65 [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "