ASSESSMENT OF THE LEVEL OF COMPETITIVENESS OF AGRICULTURAL ENTERPRISES ON THE BASIS OF NEURAL NETWORK MODELING
CHIKOV Illia – Postgraduate Student of the Fourth Year of Study of the Department of Computer Science and Economic Cybernetics, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3, Soniachna Str., e-mail: email@example.com).
The article investigates the topical issue of quantitative assessment of the competitiveness of agricultural enterprises. In the framework of this work, it was determined that the specifics of agricultural enterprises do not allow the use of existing approaches to assessing the competitiveness that can be used for enterprises of other activities. Accordingly, the aim of the research was to develop an approach to quantifying the competitiveness of agricultural enterprises that would take into account the specifics of the enterprise, and which could be adapted to assess the effectiveness of other economic systems.
Based on the developed economic literature of Ukrainian and foreign scholars, an analysis of approaches to the interpretation of the concept of «competitiveness» as an economic category.
Due to the lack of a single interpretation of the economic characteristics of the enterprise as an «indicator of competitiveness», it was determined that the it should be considered as a latent characteristic, i.e., one that manifests itself on the «surface» of a set of lower factors. At the same time, an analysis of modern approaches to quantifying the competitiveness of enterprises was carried out.
The paper analyzes the approaches to quantifying the competitiveness of agricultural enterprises.The author’s neural network model of integrated assessment of competitiveness of agricultural enterprises was developed, which is based on the synthesis of principles of neural network modeling, methods of determining integrated indicators, work with latent indicators, taxonomy.
The calculations presented in this paper were performed in the environment of the author’s computer program «ASCO». The model of estimation of competitiveness of the agricultural enterprises is carried out. The analysis of the enterprise on the basis of simultaneous processing of primary factors and group factors with the subsequent analysis of quality of controllability of system is carried out. This approach allows for a comprehensive analysis of the enterprise in all areas of its activities.
1. Kaletnik, G.M., Honcharuk, H.S., & Dovhan, Yu.V. (2017). Investytsijno-innovatsijne zabezpechennia vyroschuvannia bioenerhetychnykh kul'tur ta vyrobnytstva biopalyv [Investment and innovation support for growing bioenergy crops and biofuel production]. Ekonomika, finansy, menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky – Economics, finance, management: topical issues of science and practical activity, 1 (17), 7-18 [in Ukrainian].
2. Honcharuk, I.V. (2013). Pidpryiemnytska diialnist iak innovatsijna systema rozvytku vyrobnytstva biopalyva [Entrepreneurial activity as an innovative system of biofuel production development]. Innovatsijna ekonomika – Innovative economy, 7, 45, 155-159 [in Ukrainian].
3. Mesel-Veseliak, V.Ya. (2009). Napriamy zabezpechennia konkurentospromozhnosti ahrarnoho vyrobnytstva [Directions for ensuring the competitiveness of agriculture production]. Ekonomika APK – Economics of agro-industrial complex, 10, 7-14 [in Ukrainian].
4. Fathudinov, R.A. (2000). Strategicheskij marketing [Strategic marketing]. Moscow: ZAO «Biznes-shkola «Intel-Sintez» [in Russian].
5. Yermak, A.V. (2005). Konkurentnozdatnist pidpryiemstva: sutnist poniattia (problematyka pytannia) [Competitiveness of the enterprise: the essence of the concept (issues)]. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy – Bulletin of Economic Science of Ukraine, 1, 41-44 [in Ukrainian].
6. Yatsiv, I.B. (2013). Konkurentospromozhnist silskohospodarskykh pidpryiemstv [Competitiveness of agricultural enterprises]. Lviv: Ukrainskyj bestseler [in Ukrainian].
7. Lozovskyj, Yu.A. (2008). Formuvannia stratehii iak chynnyk pidvyschennia konkurentospromozhnosti pidpryiemstv APK [Formation of strategy as a
factor in increasing the competitiveness of agricultural enterprises].
Aktualni problemy ekonomiky – Current economic problems, 3, 81, 84-88 [in Ukrainian].
8. Yankovyj, O.H. (2015). Latentni oznaky v ekonomitsi [Latent features in economics]. Odesa: Atlant [in Ukrainian].
9. Tsober, I.Yu. (2009). Analiz pidkhodiv do otsiniuvannia konkurentospromozhnosti pidpryiemstv [Analysis of approaches to assessing the competitiveness of enterprises]. Aktualni problemy ekonomiky – Current economic problems, 6, 96, 151-155 [in Ukrainian].
10. Babij, O.N., Bakhvalova, N.A., & Sabadyrova A.L. (2007). Vyznachennia i otsinka konkurentospromozhnosti potentsialu pidpryiemstva i joho produktsii [Determining and assessing the competitiveness of the potential of the enterprise and its products]. Visnyk sotsialno-ekonomichnykh doslidzhen – Socio-economic Research Bulletin, 26, 17-22 [in Ukrainian].
11. Porter, M. (2001). Konkurentsyia [Competition]. Moscow: Vyliams, 495 p. [in Russian].
12. Voronkova, A.E. (2009). Konkurentospromozhnist pidpryiemstva: mekhanizm upravlinnia ta diahnostyka [Competitiveness of the enterprise: management mechanism and diagnostics]. Ekonomika promyslovosti – Industrial economics, 3, 133-137 [in Ukrainian].
13. Vasylenko, V.O. (2003). Stratehichne upravlinnia [Strategic management]. Kyiv: TsUL, 396 p. [in Ukrainian].
14. Levytska, A.O. (2011). Doslidzhennia evoliutsii vyznachennia ta traktuvannia konkurentospromozhnosti pidpryiemstva [Study of the evolution of the definition and interpretation of enterprise competitiveness]. Visnyk
Khmelnytskoho natsionalnoho universytetu. Seriia: «Ekonomichni nauky» – Bulletin of Khmelnytsky National University. Series: «Economic Sciences», 3, 3, 200-204 [in Ukrainian].
15. Marmul, L.O., & Bojko V.O. (2014). Metodyka vyznachennia konkurentospromozhnosti ahrarnykh pidpryiemstv iz zastosuvanniam pokaznykiv bahatomirnoi statystyky [Methods for determining the competitiveness of agricultural enterprises using indicators of multidimensional statistics]. Black Sea. Scientific Journal of Academic Research. Economic, Management & Marketing and Engineering, 8, 82-86 [in Ukrainian].
16. Smyrnov, Ye.M. (2009). Teoretychni ta metodychni osnovy otsinky konkurentospromozhnosti pidpryiemstva [Theoretical and methodical bases of an estimation of competitiveness of the enterprise]. Visnyk Khmelnytskoho natsionalnoho universytetu. Seriia: «Ekonomichni nauky» – Bulletin of
Khmelnytsky National University. Series: «Economic Sciences», 2, 4, 130-135 [in Ukrainian].
17. Yankovyj, O.H. (2013). Konkurentospromozhnist pidpryiemstva:
otsinka rivnia ta napriam pidvyschennia [Competitiveness of the
enterprise: assessment of the level and direction of increase]. Odesa: Atlant, 470 p. [in Ukrainian].
18. Malik, M.J., & Nuzhna, O.A. (2007). Konkurentospromozhnist ahrarnykh pidpryiemstv: metodolohiia i mekhanizmy [Competitiveness of agricultural enterprises: methodology and mechanisms]. Kyiv: NNTs IAE, 270 p. [in Ukrainian].
19. Feschenko, O.P. (2015). Rozrakhunok pokaznykiv finansovoho stanu hospodarskykh tovarystv z urakhuvanniam novykh form zvitnosti [Calculation of indicators of financial condition of companies taking into account new forms of reporting]. Biznes Inform – Business Inform, 2, 229-236 [in Ukrainian].
20. Kharitonova, О.С. (2011). Kilkisni pokaznyky otsinky konkurentospromozhnosti pidpryiemstv mashynobudivnoho kompleksu rehionu [Quantitative indicators for assessing the competitiveness of machine-building enterprises in the region]. Efektyvna ekonomika – Efficient economy, 1. Retrieved from: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=439 [in Ukrainian].
21. Honcharuk, I.V., Starosud, V.I., & Mulyk, T.O. (2018). Finansovi rezultaty silskohospodarskykh pidpryiemstv: mekhanizm formuvannia ta analitychna otsinka (na prykladi Yaltushkivskoi doslidno-selektsijnoi stantsii IBK I TsB NAAN Ukrainy) [Financial results of agricultural enterprises: the mechanism of formation and analytical assessment (on the example of Yaltushkivska research and selection station of IBK and CB NAAS of Ukraine)]. Ekonomika, finansy, menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky – Economy, finance, management: topical issues of science and practical activity, 3 (31),
18-34 [in Ukrainian].
22. Hryhoruk, P.M., & Tkachenko, I.S. (2012). Metody pobudovy intehral’noho pokaznyka [Methods of constructing an integrated indicator]. Biznes Inform – Business Inform, 4, 34-38 [in Ukrainian].
23. Kvasha, T.K., & Voloschuk, R.V. (2015). Pidkhody do intehral'noho otsiniuvannia stanu ekonomichnoi bezpeky iak skladnoi systemy [Approaches to integrated assessment of economic security as a complex system]. Naukovo-tekhnichna informatsiia – Scientific and technical information, 3, 31-41 [in Ukrainian].
24. A. s. 99730, Ukraina. Kompiuterna prohrama «Kompleksna otsinka konkurentospromozhnosti pidpryiemstva «ASCO»» [Computer program «Comprehensive assessment of the competitiveness of the enterprise «ASCO»»] / I.A. Chikov, N.P. Yurchuk, S.V. Koliadenko. (Ukraina). Svidotstvo na reiestratsiiu avtorskoho prava na tvir; zaiavk. № 100756, 10.08.2020; reiestr. № 99730, 16.09.2020.
25. Zachosova, N. (2019). Innovative approach in the estimatology of financial institutions economic security: possibilities of use in management and regulatory activity within the means of provision of the state financial security. Baltic Journal of Economic Studies, 5 (2), 45-56. DOI: [in English].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "