BUSINESS IMITATION-ROLE GAMES AT FOREIGN LANGUAGE CLASSES IN THE PROFESSIONAL TRAINING OF FUTURE ECONOMISTS
KRAVETS Ruslan – Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Senior Lecturer of the Ukrainian and Foreign Languages Department, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3, Soniachna Str., e-mail: email@example.com).
The article deals with the issue of implementing business imitation-role games at foreign language classes in the process of training students at economic higher education institutions. The aspects of forming the professional competence of future economists by means of a foreign language have been considered. It has been noted that the potential of a foreign language is not used thoroughly enough, as teaching of this discipline is not properly correlated with economic disciplines. The existing experience of the English language teaching at non-language faculties has been considered. Advantages of innovative training aimed at satisfying the professional and educational needs of students of economic specialties, development of thinking’s associativity, creativity, analytical thinking, initiative, leadership, responsibility, sociability, social activity have been analyzed. The essence of the business imitation-role game as an interactive teaching method, its main purpose and tasks have been revealed. The stages of realizing business imitation-role games in the educational process of HEI have been described. The specificity of group and frontal forms of organizing future economists’ training at foreign language classes, constructed on a dialogical basis, has been characterized. The rules for conducting the discussion have been determined. The functions and place of a role play in the forming future economists’ professional competence at foreign language classes have been analyzed. The basic pedagogical principles and rules of organizing business imitation-role games have been defined. It has been proved that successful mastering the foreign language is a significant factor in achieving high professional results by future economists.
1. Vyshnevska, K. (2013). Kontekstne navchannia inozemnoii movy yak chynnyk uspishnosti formuvannia profesiinoii kompetentnosti maibutnikh fakhivtsiv ekonomichnoho profiliu [Contextual foreign language teaching as a factor of successful forming the professional competence of future specialists of the economic profile]. Problemy pidhotovky suchasnoho vchytelia – Problems of training a modern teacher, 8 (2), 143–151 [in Ukrainian].
2. Havturenko, L.A. (2013). Formuvannia hotovnosti do profesiinoii diialnosti maibutnoho ekonomista [Forming a future economist’s readiness for the professional activity]. Informatsiini tekhnolohii i zasoby navchannia – Information technologies and educational mean, 6, 53–62 [in Ukrainian].
3. Karpova, O.O. (2015). Formuvannia inshomovnoii profesiinoii komunikatyvnoii kompetentsii u maibutnikh ekonomistiv [Forming future economists’ foreign language professional communicative competence]. Mizhkulturna komunikatsiia v yevropeiskomu movnomu vymiri: mater. nauk.-prakt. internet-konf. – Intercultural Communication in the European Language Dimension: mater. scient.-pract. internet-conf. (pp. 112–116). Chernivtsi: Tekhnodruk [in Ukrainian].
4. Kurok, O.O. (2017). Formuvannia profesiinoii kompetentnosti maibutnikh ekonomistiv [Forming future economists’ professional competence]. Molodyi vchenyi – Young scientist, 3 (43), 776–779 [in Ukrainian].
5. Matvieieva, K.S. (2015). Pedahohichni umovy pidhotovky maibutnikh ekonomistiv do mizhnarodnoii profesiinoii diialnosti zasobamy inozemnoii movy [Pedagogical conditions of training future economists for international professional activities by a foreign language’s means]. Naukovi zapysky Berdianskoho derzhavnoho pedahohichnoho universytetu – Scientific notes of Berdiansk State Pedagogical University, 1, 151–155 [in Ukrainian].
6. Oryshchyn, I.S. (2013). Navchannia studentiv-ekonomistiv anhliiskomu dialohichnomu movlenniu [Teaching students-economists English dialogue speech]. Visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu "Lvivska politekhnika". Menedzhment ta pidpryiemnytstvo v Ukraini: etapy stanovlennia i problemy rozvytku – Bulletin of National University “Lviv Polytechnic”. Management and Entrepreneurship in Ukraine: stages of establishment and development, 767, 389–393 [in Ukrainian].
7. Perevozniuk, N.M. (2016). Formuvannia inshomovnoho dilovoho spilkuvannia u maibutnikh ekonomistiv u protsesi vyvchennia profesiino-oriientovanykh dystsyplin [Forming future economists’ business foreign-language communication in the process of studying professionally-oriented disciplines]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Kherson [in Ukrainian].
8. Yakovenko, O.I. (2015). Formuvannia profesiinoii kompetentnosti maibutnikh ekonomistiv u protsesi praktychnoii pidhotovky [Forming future economists’ professional competence in the process of practical training]. Candidate’s thesis. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
9. Pometun, O.I., Pobirchenko, N.S. , & Kobernyk, H.I. (2008). Interaktyvni tekhnolohii: teoriia ta metodyka [Interactive Technologies: theory and methodology]. Kyiv: APN [in Ukrainian].
10. Lobachuk, I.M. (2014). Dilova hra yak efektyvnyi zasib navchannia studentiv nelinhvistychnykh VNZ inozemnoii movy [Business game as an effective means of foreign language teaching non-linguistic HEIs’ students]. Naukovi zapysky Natsionalnoho pedahohichnoho universytetu im. M.P. Drahomanova – Scientific notes of the National Pedagogical University named after M.P. Drahomanov, 118, 149–155 [in Ukrainian].
11. Pasichnyk, O.O. (2014). Osoblyvosti vykorystannia dilovykh ihor na zaniattiakh z inozemnoii movy u VNZ [Peculiarities of using business games at foreign language classes in higher educational institutions]. Naukovyi visnyk Uzhhorodskoho natsionalnoho universytetu – Scientific Bulletin of Uzhgorod National University, 30, 125–127 [in Ukrainian].
12. Pyshko, O.L. (2014). Interaktyvni metody navchannia yak sposib rozvytku tvorchykh zdibnostei uchniv na urokakh istorii ta pravoznavstva [Interactive teaching methods as a way of developing students’ creative abilities at history and law lessons]. Narodna osvita – Folk education, 1(22). Retrieved from http://narodnaosvita.kiev.ua /?page_id=2257 [in Ukrainian].
13. Tsymbal, S.V. (2015). Rolova hra na zaniattiakh anhliiskoii movy yak element komunikatyvnoho pidkhodu do vyvchennia inozemnoii movy [A role play at English classes as an element of the communicative approach to studying a foreign language]. Aktualni problemy pedahohiky, psykholohii ta profesiinoii osvity – Urgent issues of pedagogy, psychology and vocational education, 2, 41–48 [in Ukrainian].
14. Matiienko, O.S., Tymoshchuk, N.M., Dovhan, L.I., & Dakaliuk, O.O. (2015). Tymchasova navchalna prohrama «Inozemna mova» dlia vyshchykh navchalnykh ahrarnykh zakladiv [Temporary educational program “Foreign language” for higher educational institutions]. Vinnytsia: VNAU [in Ukrainian].
15. Kravets, R. (2017). Vprovadzhennia interaktyvnykh metodiv navchannia u polikulturnii osviti maibutnikh fakhivtsiv ahrarnoii haluzi na zaniattiakh inozemnoii movy [Implementation of interactive teaching methods in the multicultural education of future agrarians at foreign language classes]. Liudynoznavchi studii: zb. nauk. prats Drohobytskoho derzhavnoho pedahohichnoho universytetu imeni Ivana Franka – Humanity studios: Journal of scientific papers of Drohobych state pedagogical university named after Ivan Franko, 4/36, 135–145 [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
(Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine No. 249, March 17, 2020).
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "