BUSINESS MODELS OF CIRCULAR ECONOMY IN ENSURING SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF AGRICULTURAL ENTERPRISES OF UKRAINE
STRAPCHUK Svitlana – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of International E-Commerce and Hotel and Restaurant Business,
V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University (61022, Kharkiv, 6, Svobody Sq., e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
In the context of growing demand for food, environmental pollution and the need to save resources, the circular economy model is becoming relevant to support Ukraine’s agriculture. However, the concept is not yet fully adapted to the needs of the agricultural sector of the economy. The aim of the study is to structure information on existing agricultural business models based on the principles of sustainable development, followed by the identification of circular business models and to identify the most likely cross-links between micromodel units and macromechanism elements. Achieving of the realization of Sustainable Development Goals is based on a balanced combination of the introduction of advanced technologies, interest in investing in sustainable practices and encouraging economic patriotism. Based on the best practices of the business models implementation both in Ukraine and abroad, the study reviews approaches to model classification, establishes the relationship between elements of the state and market mechanisms of sustainable development of agricultural enterprises with individual blocks of the circular business model and identifies expected benefits associated with the implementation of the principles of a circular economy based on the triple bottom line of sustainability (ie economic, environmental and social). Cases of using sustainable practices in the activities of Ukrainian agricultural enterprises in the areas of production of organic products, feed, production of alternative energy sources – biogas, bioethanol, etc. are analyzed, together with the opportunities for digitization and organization of work on the principle of joint use. The advantages of the circular business model, as opposed to linear, are a combination of three dimensions of sustainability, value creation for all stakeholders, not just owners, and the formation of a systemic perspective through the development of economic, social and environmental relationships to form a new sustainable environment.
1. Business & Sustainable Development Commission (BSDC) (2017). Better business, better world. The report of the Business & Sustainable Development Commission [in English].
2. Rosa P., Sassanelli C., & Terzi S. (2019). Towards circular business models: A systematic literature review on classification frameworks and archetypes. Journal of Cleaner Production, 236, 1-17. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.11769 [in English].
3. OECD: European cooperation and economic development organization. New business models for the circular economy – Opportunities and challenges from a policy perspective (2018). oecd.org. Retrieved from: https://www.oecd.org/environ ment/business-models-for-the-circular-economy-g2g9dd62-en.htm [in English].
4. D 4.4. Development of a regional circular Living Lab business model GA 773757. liverur.eu. Retrieved from: https://liverur.eu/phase-03/ [in English].
5. Reganold, J.P., & Wachter, J.M. (2016). Organic agriculture in the twenty- first century. Nature Plants, 2 (2), 1-8. DOI: doi.org/10.1038/nplants.2015.221 [in English].
6. Elkington, J. (2004) Enter the triple bottom line, in Henriques, A. and Richardson, J. (Eds), The Triple Bottom Line: Does It All Add up? Earthscan, London, 1-16. Retrieved from: http://www.johnelkington.com/archive/TBL- elkington-chapter.pdf [in English].
7. Strapchuk, S.I. (2022). Stalyi rozvytok ahrarnykh pidpryiemstv na zasadakh tsyrkuliarnoi ekonomiky [Sustainable development of agrarian enterprises on the basis of circular economy]. Kharkiv: DBTU; Lviv: Vydavnytstvo «Novyi Svit – 2000» [in Ukrainian].
8. Lewandowski, M. (2018). Public Sector and Circular Business Models: From Public Support Towards Implementation Through Design. Sustainable Business Models. (pp. 85-101). Springer. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-73503-0_5.
9. Lewandowski, M. (2016). Designing the Business Models for Circular Economy-Towards the Conceptual Framework. Sustainability, 8 (1), 43. Retrieved from: https://www.mdpi.com/2071-1050/8/1/43/htm. DOI: 10.3390/su8010043 [in English].
10. Osterwalder, A., & Pigneur, Y. (2010). Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers; John Wiley and Sons: Hoboken, NJ, USA [in English].
11. Rosa, P., Sassanelli, C., & Terzi, S. (2019). Circular business models versus circular benefits: An assessment in the waste from electrical and electronic equipments sector. Journal of Cleaner Production, 231, 940-952. DOI: doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.05.310 [in English].
12. Slivotsky, A.J., Morrison, J.J. (2016). Zona prybutku. Stratehichna biznes- model yak zaporuka zavtrashnikh prybutkiv [Profit area. Strategic business model as a guarantee of tomorrow’s profits] / trans. from English R. Skakun. Lviv: UCU Publishing House [in Ukrainian].
13. Ellen MacArthur Foundation. (2015). Towards the Circular Economy: Economic and Business Rationale for an Accelerated Transition. mvonederland.nl. Retrieved from: http://mvonederland.nl/system/files/media/towards-the-circular- economy.pdf [in English].
14. Ahromediakholdynh Latifundist.com: vebsait [Agromediaholding Latifundist.com: website]. latifundist.com. Retrieved from: https://latifundist.com [in Ukrainian].
15. Kompaniia PP «Haleks-ahro»: vebsait [Company «Haleks-ahro»: website].galeks-agro.com. Retrieved from: https://galeks-agro.com [in Ukrainian].
16. Pro vnesennia zmin do deiakykh zakonodavchykh aktiv Ukrainy shchodo oboviazkovosti vykorystannia ridkoho biopalyva (biokomponentiv) u haluzi transport: Proekt Zakonu Ukrainy № 3356-d [Draft Law of Ukraine «On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine Concerning the Mandatory Use of Preliminary Biofuels (Biocomponents) in the Transport Sector» № 3356-d]. (2020, November 5). rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://www.rada.gov.ua/news/Povidomlennya /211329.html [in Ukrainian].
17. Holovne upravlinnia statystyky u Kharkivskii oblasti: vebsait [Main Department of Statistics in Kharkiv region: website]. kh.ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from: kh.ukrstat.gov.ua [in Ukrainian]
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "