CAPITAL INVESTMENTS: NORMATIVE LEGAL AND ACCOUNTING
PODOLIANCHUK Olena – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, Head of the Department of Accounting and Taxation in the Fields of the Economy, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3, Sonіachna Str., e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
GUDZENKO Nataliya – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Accounting and Taxation in the Fields of the Economy, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3, Sonіachna Str., e-mail: email@example.com).
The article evaluates the legal regulation and accounting of capital investments and determines that a single and precise term that would determine their essence has not yet been developed. The difference in the definitions of capital investments is outlined, which leads to confusion in their evaluation and reflection in the system of accounting accounts. There are two approaches to determining the nature of capital investment in the legal framework: economic and accounting. The dynamics and structure of capital investments by types of assets in terms of 2015-2019 are presented. Based on the results of elaboration of the regulatory framework and scientific opinions of scientists, their own opinion on the definition of capital investment has been expressed. It is noted that in the organization of accounting for capital investments it is important to assess, classify, justify objects, as well as the allocation of costs to current (to maintain the object in working order) and attribute investments to capital (improving the functional properties of the object ). A generalized classification of capital investments is proposed, which will help to timely and fully systematize the accounts and reflect in the reporting of objective and reliable information. It was found that one of the problems of accounting for capital investments is the distribution of costs and investments incurred between current costs and capital investments. Entities are invited to develop their own criteria for identifying capital investment objects and assigning the cost of repairs (capital repairs) to capital investments and approve them in the accounting policy and order. In order to ensure the objectivity of the information on capital investments, alternative changes to the Chart of Accounts have been proposed in the part of the Capital Investments account. The submitted proposals will provide an opportunity to consider capital investments as a separate object of accounting and to assess the rationality of investments.
1. Honcharuk, I.V., & Babyna, O.M. (2020). Kontseptualni zasady udoskonalennya innovatsiyno-investytsiynoyi diyalʹnosti dlya vyrobnytstva enerhiyi z alternatyvnykh dzherel [Conceptual principles of improving innovation and investment activities for energy production from alternative sources]. Colloquium-journal, 17 (69), 47-55 [in Ukrainian].
2. Izmaylov, Ya.O. (2011). Oblik investytsiy v innovatsiyi za natsionalʹnymy ta mizhnarodnymy standartamy [Accounting for investment in innovation according to national and international standards]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats CHDTU. Seriya: Ekonomichni nauky – Collection of scientific works of ChSTU. Series: Economic Sciences, 28, I, 33-37 [in Ukrainian].
3. Instruktsiya pro zastosuvannya Plany rakhunkiv bukhhalterskoho obliku aktyviv, kapitalu, zoboyazan i hospodarskykh operatsiy pidpryyemstv i orhanizatsiy [Instructions on the application of Chart of Accounts for accounting of assets, capital, liabilities and business operations of enterprises and organizations]. (2021). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0893-99#Text [in Ukrainian].
5. Kaletnik, H.M., & Kozyar, N.O. (2020). Stratehichni pidkhody do investuvannya ahrarnoho sektoru Ukrayiny v suchasnykh umovakh rozvytku APK [Strategic approaches to investing in the agricultural sector of Ukraine in modern conditions of agro-industrial complex development]. Ekonomika APK – Economics of agro-industrial complex, 12, 81-89 [in Ukrainian].
6. Kapitalni investytsiyi [Capital Investments]. (2021). ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/menu/menu_u/ioz_19.htm [in Ukrainian].
7. Metodyka rozrakhunku indeksu kapitalnykh investytsiynyy: Nakaz Derzhavnoho komitetu statystyky Ukrayiny № 494 [Methodology for calculating the capital investment index: Order of the State Statistics Committee of Ukraine№ 494]. (2009, December 25). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/rada/show/v0494202-09#Text [in Ukrainian].
8. Podatkovyy kodeks Ukrayiny: Zakon Ukrayiny № 2755-VI [Tax Code of Ukraine: Law of Ukraine № 2755-VI]. (2010, December 2). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2755-17#Text [in Ukrainian].
10. Podolianchuk, О., Plakhtii, Т., & Gudzenko, N. (2019). Сurrent liabilities and their accounting in the attracted capital management system. Baltic Journal of Economic Studies, 5, 3, 159-169 [in Ukrainian].
11. Polozhennya (standart) bukhhalterskoho obliku (PSBO) 7 «Osnovni zasoby»: Nakaz Ministerstva finansiv Ukrayiny № 92 [Regulation (standard) of accounting (PSBO) 7 «Fixed assets»: Order of the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine № 92] (2000, April 27). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0288-00#Text [in Ukrainian].
12. Pro investytsiynu diyalnist: Zakon Ukrayiny №1560-XII [On investment activity Law of Ukraine №1560-XII] (1991, September18). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1560-12#Text [in Ukrainian].
13. Radevych, T.V. (2014). Normatyvno-pravove rehulyuvannya sutnosti kapitalʹnykh investytsiy [Regulatory regulation of the essence of capital investments]. Investytsiyi: praktyka ta dosvid – Investments: practice and experience, 23, 64-68 [in Ukrainian].
14. Serhyeyeva, N.V. (2020). Udoskonalennya pidkhodiv do vyznannya ta obliku kapitalnykh investytsiy [Improving approaches to the recognition and accounting of capital investments]. Ekonomika APK – Economics of agro-industrial complex, 1, 65-73 [in Ukrainian].
15. Skorobohatova, N.Ye. (2021). Doslidzhennya sutnosti investytsiy ta investytsiynoyi diyalnosti [Research of the essence of investments and investment activity]. ev.fmm.kpi.ua. Retrieved from: http://ev.fmm.kpi.ua/article/view/80631 [in Ukrainian].
16. Khomenko, M.M., Cherevyk, N.V., & Nesterenko, O.V. (2014). Osoblyvosti obliku obyektiv budivnytstva v Ukrayini [Features of accounting for construction projects in Ukraine]. Visnyk KrNU imeni Mykhayla Ostrohradskoho – Bulletin of Mykhailo Ostrohradskyi KrNU, 6 (89), 106-110 [in Ukrainian].
17. Yarmolyuk, O.F., & Dmytrenko, O.M. (2020). Osoblyvosti identyfikatsiyi kapitalnykh investytsiy v bukhhalterskomu obliku [Features of identification of capital investments in accounting]. Efektyvna ekonomika – Efficient economy, 9. Retrieved from: www.ekonomy.nayka.com.ua [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "