CONCEPTUAL APPARATUS OF THE CATEGORY OF AGRICULTURAL WASTE, THEIR CLASSIFICATION AND PROSPECTS OF FURTHER USE FOR BIOENERGY PRODUCTION
HONCHARUK Inna – PhD in Economics, Associate Professor, Department of Economics, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3 Soniachna st, e-mail: email@example.com).
VOVK Valeria – graduate student of the first year of study of the Department of Economics, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3 Soniachna st, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The article examines the interpretation of the concept of «waste» in European and domestic regulatory documents and reveals the absence of an environmental component in the definitions, which today is an extremely important aspect of any kind of activity. Attention is paid to an important group of waste - agricultural waste, which simultaneously have the most negative impact on the environment and can be used as a secondary raw material to support the activities of other industries. Attention is paid to an important group of waste - agricultural waste, which simultaneously have the most negative impact on the environment and can be used as a secondary raw material to support the activities of other industries. A list of European and domestic regulatory documents that partially regulate various aspects of agricultural waste management is provided, and the lack of both in regulatory documents and among scientific approaches to determining the essence of agricultural waste is provided, in this regard, the author's understanding is presented of this category of waste. Also, a comparison was made between the classification of agricultural waste in accordance with the State Waste Classifier of Ukraine DK 005-96 with the classification of the corresponding waste group given in the European Waste Catalog.
Analyzed the volumes of waste generation in Ukraine by type of economic activity in 2019. The structure of emissions from the agro-industrial complex of Ukraine has been studied and it is indicated that the largest environmental pollutants are animal waste (animal manure and bird droppings), but today there are ways of converting such waste into biofuels, namely biogas. The implementation of the process of processing animal waste (animal manure and bird droppings, which are by-products of production and which do not need to be grown additionally) into biogas, will provide not only the environmental component of waste management - reducing greenhouse gas emissions, but also provide additional economic benefits.
This study found that the processing of animal waste, with the formation of biogas, will partially solve environmental problems, as well as gain advantages in the form of decentralized production of renewable energy or fuel production for the formation of energy independence of the agricultural sector of Ukraine and the state as a whole.
1. Pro skhvalennia Natsionalnoi stratehii upravlinnia vidkhodamy v Ukraini do 2030 roku [On approval of the National Waste Management Strategy in Ukraine until 2030]. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/820-2017-%D1%80#Text [in Ukrainian].
2. Ramkova Dyrektyva pro vidkhody 75/442/YeS vid 15 lypnia 1975 r. rishenniam Yevropeiskoi Rady [Waste Framework Directive 75/442 / EC of 15 July 1975 by Decision of the European Council]. Retrieved from: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:31975L0442&from=EN [in Ukrainian].
3. Dyrektyva Yevropeiskoho Parlamentu ta Rady 2008/98/YeS vid 19 lystopada 2008 roku pro vidkhody ta skasuvannia deiakykh Dyrektyv [Directive 2008/98 / EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 19 November 2008 on waste and repealing certain Directives]. Retrieved from: https://mepr.gov.ua/files/docs/2008%2098%20%D0%84%D0%A1.pdf [in Ukrainian].
4. Pro vidkhody: Zakon Ukrainy vid 05.03.1998 r. #187/98-VR [On waste: Law of Ukraine of March 5, 1998 №187 / 98-VR]. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/187/98-%D0%B2%D1%80#Text [in Ukrainian].
5. Pro alternatyvni vydy palyva. Zakon Ukrainy vid 14.01.2000 r. #1391-XIV [About alternative fuels. Law of Ukraine of January 14, 2000 №1391-XIV]. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1391-14#Text [in Ukrainian].
6. Klasyfikator vidkhodiv DK 005-96. [Classifier of waste DK 005-96]: Order of the State Committee of Ukraine for Standardization, Metrology and Certification dated 29.02.1996 №89]. Retrieved from: http://www.zakon/nau.ua [in Ukrainian].
7. Pro pobichni produkty tvarynnoho pokhodzhennia, ne pryznacheni dlia spozhyvannia liudynoiu: Zakon Ukrainy # 287-VIII vid 07.04.2015. [On animal by-products not intended for human consumption: Law of Ukraine № 287-VIII of 07.04.2015]. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/287-19#Text [in Ukrainian].
8. Tokarchuk D.M. (2018). Upravlinnia efektyvnym vykorystanniam silskohospodarskykh vidkhodiv dlia vyrobnytstva biohazu [Management of efficient use of agricultural waste for biogas production]. Oblik i finansy – Accounting and finance, 3(81), 133-139 [in Ukrainian].
9. Pro derzhavnu pidtrymku silskoho hospodarstva Ukrainy: Zakon Ukrainy #1877-IV vid 24/06/2004 [On state support of agriculture of Ukraine: Law of Ukraine №1877-IV of 24/06/2004]. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1877-15#n15 [in Ukrainian].
10. European Waste Catalogue. Retrieved from: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:02000D0532-20150601 [in English].
11. Ofitsiinyi sait Derzhavnoi sluzhby statystyky Ukrainy [Official site of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
12. Kaletnik G.M. (2009). Rol ahropromyslovoho kompleksu Ukrainy u vyrishenni problem enerhetychnoi ta ekolohichnoi bezpeky derzhavy [The role of the agro-industrial complex of Ukraine in solving the problems of energy and environmental security of the state]. Ahrosvit – Agrosvit, 22, 2-5 [in Ukrainian].
13. Kaletnik G.M. (2018). Dyversyfikatsiia rozvytku vyrobnytstva biopalyv – osnova zabezpechennia prodovolchoi, enerhetychnoi, ekonomichnoi ta ekolohichnoi bezpeky Ukrainy [Diversification of biofuel production development is the basis for ensuring food, energy, economic and environmental security of Ukraine]. Visnyk ahrarnoi nauky – Bulletin of Agricultural Science, 11, 169-176 [in Ukrainian].
14. Honcharuk I. (2020). Use of Wastes of the Livestock Industry as a Possibility for Increasing the Efficiency of AIC and Eeplenishing the energy Balance. Visegrad Journal on Bioeconomy and Sustainable Development, vol. 9. № 1, 9-14 [in English].
15. Honcharuk I.V. (2020). Vyrobnytstvo biohazu v ahrarnomu sektori – shliakh do pidvyshchennia enerhetychnoi nezalezhnosti ta rodiuchosti hruntiv [Biogas production in the agricultural sector - a way to increase energy independence and soil fertility]. Ahrosvit – Agrosvit, 15, 18-29 [in Ukrainian].
16. Honcharuk I.V., & Tomashuk I.V. (2019). Ekonomichna efektyvnist enerhetychnoi avtonomii APK za rakhunok vykorystannia biopalyv [Economic efficiency of energy autonomy of agro-industrial complex due to the use of biofuels]. Ekonomika. Finansy. Menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky – Economy. Finances. Management: current issues of science and practice, 2, 7-19 [in Ukrainian].
17. Andreichenko A.V. (2017). Typolohiia vidkhodiv v APK: vitchyznianyi ta yevropeiskyi dosvid [Typology of waste in agro-industrial complex: domestic and European experience]. Ekonomichnyi prostir – Economic space, 124б 67-76 [in Ukrainian].
18. Pro okhoronu navkolyshnoho seredovyshcha: Zakon Ukrainy vid 19.06.1991 r. # 1264-XII [On environmental protection: Law of Ukraine of June 19, 1991 № 1264-XII]. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1264-12#Text [in Ukrainian].
19. Pro zabezpechennia sanitarnoho ta epidemiolohichnoho blahopoluchchia naselennia: Zakon Ukrainy vid 24.02.1994 r. # 4004-XII [On ensuring the sanitary and epidemiological well-being of the population: Law of Ukraine of 24.02.1994 № 4004-XII]. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/4004-12#Text [in Ukrainian].
20. Pro veterynarnu medytsynu: Zakon Ukrainy vid 25.06.1992 r. # 2498-XII [On veterinary medicine: Law of Ukraine of 25.06.1992 № 2498-XII]. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2498-12#Text [in Ukrainian].
21. Directive 2000/60/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2000 establishing a framework for Community action in the field of water policy. Retrieved from: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32000L0060 [in English].
22. Council Directive 1999/31/EC of 26 April 1999 on the landfill of waste. Retrieved from: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri= celex%3A31999L0031 [in English].
23. Consolidated text: Council Directive of 12 December 1991 concerning the protection of waters against pollution caused by nitrates from agricultural sources (91/676/EEC). Retrieved from: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content /EN/TXT/?qid=1561542776070&uri=CELEX:01991L0676-20081211 [in English].
24. Council Directive 86/278/EEC of 12 June 1986 on the protection of the environment, and in particular of the soil, when sewage sludge is used in agriculture. Retrieved from: [in English].
25. Regulation (EC) No 1069/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 October 2009 laying down health rules as regards animal by-products and derived products not intended for human consumption and repealing Regulation (EC) No 1774/2002 (Animal by-products Regulation). Retrieved from: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/ALL/?uri=CELEX%3A32009R1069 [in English].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "