CONSTITUTIONAL AND LEGAL BASIS OF INFORMATION SECURITY OF UKRAINE
PRAVDYUK Andrew Candidate of Law Science, Associate Professor of Law,Vinnitsa
National Agrarian University (21008, 3, Sonyachnastr., Vinnytsia, e-mail:a.pravd4449@ gmail.com)
The article considers the priorities of improving information security of Ukraine on the basis of analysis of internal and external factors, European tendencies and the current situation in the country. It is grounded that information security is one of the key places in the system of maintenance of vital interests of all without exception of societies. This is primarily due to the urgent need to create a well-developed information environment for society. But precisely because of the information environment, threats to national security are most often carried out in various spheres of activity of the individual, society and the state. The problem of information security of Ukraine and protection of the national information space from negative propaganda-manipulative information-psychological influences is investigated. The theoretical approaches to the definition of the essence of the concept of information security are analyzed; The types of real and potential information threats, principles of information security of Ukraine, which are the starting points of the formation and functioning of the information security system as a system-forming factor of all components of national security, norms and rules of conduct of citizens, state and public institutes in this sphere, are thoroughly investigated. The following topical contemporary phenomena such as cybersecurity and cyberterrorism have been researched.
Information security is one of the most important concepts in science and in various spheres of human activity. The essence and complexity of this concept is characterized by the modern information society. The main features of modern society, in particular, are the growth of the role of information, the industry of information services, information economy, modern intellectual information technologies and communication technologies, significant potential of science, the need of individuals and legal entities in information, a high level of information and legal culture of all sub- objects of information relations. State power creates and ensures the functioning of the legal system for regulating information relations, protecting human rights and fundamental freedoms, and ensuring the balance of interests of people, society and state in all spheres of information activity. Protecting its information interests, every state should take care of its information security. This also requires the strengthening of Ukrainian statehood. The balanced state information policy of Ukraine is formed as an integral part of its socio-economic policy, proceeding from the priority of national interests and threats to the national security of the country. The constitutional principles of ensuring information security are defined in the Basic Law of Ukraine in a fragmented and non-systematic manner, which complicates the processes of identifying and implementing national interests and their implementation through medium and long-term instruments (doctrines, programs, analytical documents, etc.). The main criterion in providing information security of Ukraine is the legal certainty in the implementation of information rights and freedoms, which determines the appropriate organization of public authority and imposes on it responsibilities in accordance with Article 3 of the Constitution of Ukraine.
Also, this system involves identifying and clearly identifying possible internal and external threats to the national information interests of Ukraine. The process of forming national consciousness and its corresponding political and legal structure, through which Ukraine passes, predetermines the need to comprehend the holistic historical path of the Ukrainian nation for the establishment of a strong national state and the Ukrainian ideal of democracy. The development of Ukraine as a democratic state makes the issue of attracting citizens into the process of making and taking state decisions, controlling the state's activities and developing all forms of direct democracy. The right to access public information in a modern information society is one of the key constitutional rights. Everyone's access to information about the activities of bodies and officials of state power, local self-government contributes to the control of civil society in their activities, is a means of combating corruption, provides an opportunity for a person to meet its social and individual interests. It is based, in the first place, on the fundamental international acts of the Convention on the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms, the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. The purpose of the article is to study the theoretical and practical aspects of the formation and functioning of the information security system as a system-forming factor for all components of national security, norms and rules of conduct of citizens, state and social institutes in this area, development of recommendations for improving the mechanism of information security provision. The national interests of Ukraine in the field of information security should consist in observing the constitutional rights and freedoms of citizens in obtaining information and its use, in the development of modern telecommunication technologies, in protecting state information resources from unauthorized access. The further development of the information society envisages the protection of citizens' information rights, in particular regarding the availability of information, the protection of personal information, and the support of democratic institutions. This can only be achieved by establishing an open democratic society that guarantees compliance with the constitutional rights of citizens to participate in public life, making relevant decisions by public authorities and local self-government bodies in the field of information. It is recommended to direct the state information policy in the formation of a single system-creating legislative act on information security.
- Konstytuciia (Оsnovnyj zakon)Ukraiiny [Constitution (The Main Law) of Ukraine]. (n.d.)zakon1.rada.gov.ua. URL:http://zakon1.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/254%D0%B2%D-1%80 (Last accessed : 18.04.2018) [in Ukrainian].
- Teptiuk Y.P. (2014)Konstytutsiino- pravove vyznachennia poniattia prava na dostup dopublichnoi informatsii [Constitutional and legal definition of the right to access public information] Scientific Herald of the International Humanitarian University. Series "Jurisprudence",7, 85-87 [in Ukrainian].
- Ukaz Prezydenta Ukrainy № 47 vid 25.02.2017 Pro rishennia Rady natsionalnoi bezpeky i oborony Ukrainy vid 29.12. 2016 roku «Pro Doktrynu informatsiinoi bezpeky Ukrainy» [Decree of the President of Ukraine of 25.02.2017 № 47About the doctrine of information security of Ukraine ]. 2017, on.rada.gov.ua URL: http://www.rnbo.gov.ua/documents/439.html (Last accessed: 18.04.2018) [inUkrainian].
- Savruk M. V.(2010) Aktualnist problemy zabezpechennia informatsiinoi bezpeky Ukrainy ta shliakhy yii rozviazannia[The urgency of the problem of ensuring the information security of Ukraine and the ways of its solution] Information processing systems, 3 (84), 77-79. [inUkrainian].
- Mezentseva N.B.(2013) Pravovi zasady protydii zahrozam informatsiinii bezpetsi ta rozvytku informatsiinoho zakonodavstva[Legal principles of counteraction to threats to information security and development of information legislation] Scientific notes of Lviv University of Business and Law, 10, 214-216. Retreived from : http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Nzlubp_2013_10_51[inUkrainian].
- Oliinyk O.V.(2016)Pryntsypy zabezpechennia informatsiinoi bezpeky Ukrainy[Principles of ensuring information security of Ukraine] Legal newsletter air and space law, 4, (41). 72 - 78. [inUkrainian].
- Kaletnik H. M., Mazur A. H., Kubai O. H.(2011) Derzhavne rehuliuvannia ekonomiky[State regulation of Economy] Kiev High-Tech Press. [inUkrainian].
- V.M. Bryzhko, V.S. Tsymbaliuk, A.A. Orekhov, O.N. Halchenko.(2002) E-buduschee i informatsionnoe pravo[ E-future and information law].Kiev [inUkrainian].
- Vakulych V.(2014) Derzhavna informatsiina polityka yak mekhanizm realizatsii informatsiinoi funktsii suchasnoi derzhavy[State information policy as a mechanism for the implementation of the information function of the modern state] Public Administration: Theory and Practice, 1 (17),97 - 107. [inUkrainian].
- Zahalna deklaratsiia prav liudyny. Adopted and proclaimed by resolution 217 A (III) of the General Assembly of the United Nations of December 10, 1948 Retrieved from: http://zakon1.rada.gov.ua/laws/ show/995_0153 [inUkrainian].
- Vakariuk L. V.(2018) Osnovni pidkhody do rozuminnia poniattia «informatsiini prava liudyny»[ Basic Approaches to Understanding the Notion of "Information Rights of Man"] Entrepreneurship, economy and law, 2, 155-159 [inUkrainian].
- Irkha Yu.(2015) Obmezhennia konstytutsiinykh prav i svobod liudyny i hromadianyna v interesakh natsionalnoi bezpeky Ukrainy v suchasnykh umovakh [Limitation of the constitutional rights and freedoms of man and citizen in the interests of national security of Ukraine in modern conditions] Bulletin of the Constitutional Court of Ukraine, 5, 78-88. [inUkrainian].
- Pro informatsiiu [About information]: Law of Ukraine dated 02.10.1992 №2657-ХІІ. ‒Access mode: http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2657-12.
- Antonov V. O. & Yu.S. Shemshuchenko. (2017) Konstytutsiino-pravovi zasady natsionalnoi bezpeky Ukrainy.[Constitutional and Legal Principles of National Security of Ukraine] Kyiv: TALKOM [inUkrainian].
- D. Pavlov (2013) Politychna propahanda: do vyznachennia poniattia[Political propaganda: to define the concept] Gilea: Scientific Herald, 79, 328-331 [inUkrainian].
- Diorditsa I.M.(2018) Administratyvno-pravove rehuliuvannia kiberbezpeky v Ukraini.[Administrative and legal regulation of cybersecurity in Ukraine] Doctor’s thesis. Zaporizhzhia [inUkrainian].
- R.A. Kaliuzhnyi. & V.O. Shamrai(2002) Informatsiine zabezpechennia upravlinskoi diialnosti v umovakh informatyzatsii: orhanizatsiino-pravovi pytannia teorii ta praktyky.[ Information provision of management activity in the conditions of informatization: organizational and legal issues of theory and practice.] Kyiv[inUkrainian].
- Iakhno O. M.(2006) Ukraina v suchasnomu heopolitychnomu prostori (polityko-mediinyi aspekt)[ Ukraine in the modern geopolitical space (political and media aspect)] : Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Kyiv: National University. Taras Shevchenko. Institute of Journalism [in Ukrainian].
- Topchii V. V.(2015) Kiberteroryzm v Ukraini: poniattia ta zapobihannia kryminalno-pravovymy ta kryminolohichnymy zasobamy.[ Cyber Terrorism in Ukraine: the notion and prevention of criminal-legal and criminological means.] Scientific Herald of Kherson University. Series "Legal Sciences". 6(3), 65-68.
- Zakon Ukrainy Pro osnovni zasady zabezpechennia kiberbezpeky Ukrainy [About the basic principles of providing cyber security of Ukraine] : Law of Ukraine dated 05.10.2017№ 2163-VIII.‒Access mode: http://zakon2. rada.gov.ua /laws/show/2163-19
- Global Risks Report (2018)[ Global Risks Report] Published 17 January Retrieved from URL: www.weforum.org/reports/the-global-risks-report-2018 [inUkrainian].
- Zbytky svitovoi ev dosiahly $ 600 mlrd [The losses of the global economy from hackers reached $ 600 billion] Retrieved from URL: https://ua.korrespondent.net/world/3943548-zbytky-svitovoi-ekonomiky-vid-khakerivdosiahly-600-mlrd [inUkrainian].
- Hensekretar OON zaklykav do hlobalnoi borotby proty kibervoien[UN Secretary-General called for a global fight against cyberwar] Retrieved from RL:https://www.radiosvobota osnovni napriamy yii udoskonalennia. [inUkrainian].
- D. S. Biriukov & S. I. Kondratov (2015) Zelena knyha z pytan zakhystu krytychnoi infrastruktury v Ukraini[Green book on critical infrastructure protection in Ukraine] O. M. Sukhodoli (Eds.) Сollection of international materials. expert. meetings Kiev: NISS[inUkrainian].
- Shelomentsev V. P.(2012) Pravove zabezpechennia systemy kibernetychnoi bezpeky Ukrainy ta osnovni napriamy yii udoskonalennia.[ Legal support of the system of cybernetic security of Ukraine and the main directions of its improvement.] Fighting Organized Crime and Corruption (theory and practice), 1 (27),312-320. [inUkrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "