CURRENT STATE AND FEATURES OF FORMATION OF SOCIAL STANDARDS IN UKRAINE
BEREZIUK Sergiy – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Administrative Management and Alternative Energy Sources, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3, Soniachna Str.,
The article considers the essence of economic category «food safety», identifies and characterizes its components, assesses the state of food safety in Ukraine and identifies the main factors influencing its state.
The norms of Ukrainian consumer basket in the food part and the actual consumption of food products are considered and it is established that they do not correspond to the scientifically substantiated recommendations of complete nutrition of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. The analysis of the average annual consumption of basic foodstuffs shows that during 2000-2020 Ukrainians began to consume more food products, so in general they began to eat better, but their diet is suboptimal. It was found that when determining the product part of the domestic consumer basket, a method used was the one that was developed more than 30 years ago and does not take into account existing new and modern product groups, and, accordingly, needs to be improved taking into account world best practices.
It is established that the cost of the consumer basket is determined by the subsistence level, it is also the basis for determining the amount of pensions and the minimum wage.
The level of poverty in Ukraine has been studied and it has been determined that low incomes of citizens do not allow them to eat properly, which has a corresponding effect on the, structure of food consumed. As a consequence, the share of food expenditures in the total expenditures of Ukrainian households is quite significant, which confirms Engel’s law, according to which, with increasing income, the share of expenditures on basic necessities decreases and vice versa. It is proved that the main reason for the irrational structure of consumer spending is the high level of poverty among the citizens of Ukraine.
Doing the research, the conclusion was made, that it is necessary to put funds for utilities, rehabilitation etc. in the domestic consumer basket. In this case, it will be able to provide
not only the minimum needs of the citizens of Ukraine, but also contribute to dignified level of life.
1. 29 rokiv nezalezhnosti: zminy v Ukraini v tsyfrakh i hrafikakh [29 years of independence: changes in Ukraine in numbers and graphs]. ru.slovoidilo.ua. Retrieved from: [in Ukrainian].
2. Global Food Security Index. foodsecurityindex.eiu.com. Retrieved from: https://foodsecurityindex.eiu.com/Index [in English].
3. Maslow, A.H. (1943). A theory of human motivation. Psychological Review, 50 (4), 370-396 [in English].
4. Berezin, O.V. (2002). Problemy formuvannia prodovolchoho rynku Ukrainy [Problems of formation of the food market of Ukraine]. Kyiv: Vyshcha shkola [in Ukrainian].
5. Berezyuk, S.V., & Kolesov, O.S. (2016). Osoblyvosti formuvannia sotsialnykh standartiv u konteksti spozhyvchykh vytrat v Ukraini [Features of the formation of social standards in the context of consumer spending in Ukraine]. Biznes Inform – Business Inform, 2, 241-247 [in Ukrainian].
6. Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrayiny [State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
7. Zvit pro stan prodovolchoi bezpeky Ukrainy u 2013 rotsi [Report on the state of food security of Ukraine in 2013]. me.gov.ua. Retrieved from: [in Ukrainian].
8. Irtyshcheva, I.O., Rohatina, L.P., & Ilnytska, O.S. (2020). Prodovolcha bezpeka – vazhlyvyi element ekonomichnoi ta natsionalnoi bezpeky [Food security is an important element of economic and national security]. Ahrosvit – Agroworld, 22, 3-8. DOI: 10.32702/2306-6792.2020.22.3 [in Ukrainian].
9. Kaletnik, G.M., Honcharuk, I.V., Yemchyk, T.V., & Lutkovska, S.M. (2020). Ahrarna polityka ta zemelni vidnosyny [Agrarian policy and land relations]. Vinnytsya: VNAU [in Ukrainian].
10. Kaletnik, G.M., & Darmohray, O.V. (2016). Metodychni pidkhody do otsinky ta analiz indykatoriv prodovolchoi bezpeky Ukrainy [Methodical approaches to the assessment and analysis of food security indicators in Ukraine]. Ekonomika, finansy, menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky – Economy, finances, management: topical issues of science and practical activity, 6 (10), 7-20 [in Ukrainian].
11. Klymenko, N.A. (2020). Rehionalni aspekty prodovolchoi bezpeky Ukrainy [Regional aspects of food security of Ukraine]. Efektyvna ekonomika – Efficent economy. 7. Retrieved from: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/ ?op=1&z=8048. DOI: [in Ukrainian].
12. Konstytutsiia Ukrainy [Constitution of Ukraine]. (1996, June 28). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: [in Ukrainian].
13. Kubay, O.H., & Kolomiyets, Kh.M. (2017). Ahrarne vyrobnytstvo v systemi zabezpechennia prodovolchoi bezpeky derzhavy [Agricultural production in the system of food security of the state]. Problemy systemnoho pidkhodu v ekonomitsi – Problems of system approach in economy, 5 (61), 63-69 [in Ukrainian].
14. Maizhe polovyna ukraintsiv na mezhi bidnosti: navit iz robotoiu ne mozhut zabezpechyty simyi [Almost half of Ukrainians are on the brink of poverty: even with work they cannot provide their families]. thepage.ua. Retrieved from: [in Ukrainian].
15. Minimalna zarplata v Ukraini [The minimum wage in Ukraine]. index.minfin.com.ua. Retrieved from: https://index.minfin.com.ua/ ua/labour/salary/min/ [in Ukrainian].
16. Pihulyak, Yu. (2014). Problema prozhytkovoho minimumu, abo chy skoro ukraintsi pochnut holoduvaty? [The problem of the subsistence level, or will Ukrainians soon start starving?]. www.zunr.info. Retrieved from: http://www.zunr.info/news/2014/08/09/65755-problema-prozhytkovogo-minimumu-abo-chy-skoro-ukrayinci-pochnut-goloduvaty.html [in Ukrainian].
17. Pro derzhavnu pidtrymku silskoho hospodarstva Ukrainy: Zakon Ukrainy № 1877-IV [Law of Ukraine «On state support of agriculture of Ukraine»
№ 1877-IV]. (2004, June 24). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1877-15#Text [in Ukrainian].
18. Pro zatverdzhennia Metodychnykh rekomendatsii shchodo rozrakhunku rivnia ekonomichnoi bezpeky Ukrainy: Nakaz Ministerstva ekonomichnoho rozvytku i torhivli Ukrainy № 1277 [On approval of Methodical recommendations for calculating the level of economic security of Ukraine: Order of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine № 1277]. (2013, October 29). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/rada/show/v1277731-13#Text [in Ukrainian].
19. Pro zatverdzhennia naboriv produktiv kharchuvannia, naboriv neprodovolchykh tovariv ta naboriv posluh dlia osnovnykh sotsialnykh i demohrafichnykh hrup naselennia: Postanova Kabinet Ministriv Ukrainy № 780 [On approval of sets of food products, sets of non-food products and sets of services for the main social and demographic groups of the population: Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine № 780]. (2016, October 11). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/780-2016-%D0%BF#Text [in Ukrainian].
20. Prozhytkovyi minimum v Ukraini 2021 [Subsistence level in Ukraine 2021]. index.minfin.com.ua. Retrieved from: https://index.minfin.com.ua/ ua/labour/wagemin/ [in Ukrainian].
21. Rotchuk, I. (2013). Spozhyvchyi koshyk ukraintsia – sutsilnyi minimalizm [The Ukrainian consumer basket is a complete minimalism]. harchi.info. Retrieved from: http://harchi.info/articles/spozhivchiy-koshik-ukrayincya-sucilniy-minimalizm [in Ukrainian].
22. Saliy, N.S. (2016). Ratsionalne kharchuvannia v suchasnykh umovakh [Rational nutrition in modern conditions]. zdorov.com.ua. Retrieved from: http://zdorov.com.ua/nutrition.html [in Ukrainian].
23. Spozhyvannia svynyny v Ukraini zbilshylosia maizhe na 7% [Consumption of pork in Ukraine increased by almost 7%]. infoindustria.com.ua. Retrieved from: https://infoindustria.com.ua/spozhivannya-svinini-v-ukrayini-zbilshilosya-na-7/ [in Ukrainian].
24. Spozhyvannia svynyny u 2021-mu zroslo [Consumption of pork in Ukraine increased]. pigua.info. Retrieved from: https://pigua.info/uk/post/ spozivanna-svinini-u-2021-mu-zroslo [in Ukrainian].
25. Ukraina posila 54 mistse u Hlobalnomu indeksi prodovolchoi bezpeky 2020 roku [Ukraine ranked 54th in the 2020 Global Food Security Index]. agravery.com. Retrieved from: https://agravery.com/uk/posts/show/ukraina-posila-54-misce-u-globalnomu-indeksi-prodovolcoi-bezpeki-2020-roku [in Ukrainian].
26. Furman, I.V., & Tokarchuk, D.M. (2018). Prodovolcha bezpeka ta ekonomichni zasady vyrobnytstva biopalyva [Food security and economic principles of biofuel production]. Ekonomichnyi analiz – Economic analysis, 28 (1), 92-98 [in Ukrainian].
27. Chastka vytrat na kharchuvannia v Ukraini zalyshaietsia odniieiu z naivyshchykh u sviti [The share of food expenditures in Ukraine remains one of the highest in the world]. infoindustria.com.ua. Retrieved from: [in Ukrainian].
28. Shcherbatyuk, M. (2016). Sekrety prozhytkovoho minimumu [Secrets of the subsistence level]. www.i-law.kiev.ua. Retrieved from: http://www.i-law.kiev.ua/sekrety-prozhytkovoho-minimumu/ [in Ukrainian].
29. Yak zminiuvavsia riven bidnosti v Ukraini za ostanni 20 rokiv
[How the level of poverty in Ukraine has changed over the last 20 years]. www.slovoidilo.ua. Retrieved from: infografika/suspilstvo/yak-zminyuvavsya-riven-bidnosti-ukrayini-ostanni-20-rokiv [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "