DIGITALIZATION AS THE MAIN FACTOR OF DEVELOPMENT OF THE HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY IN THE EU COUNTRIES
DZHEDZHULA Olena – Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, Professor, Head of the Department of Mathematics, Physics and Computer Technologies, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3, Soniachna Str., e-mail: DzhedzhulaO@ukr.net).
VOLONTYR Lyudmyla – Candidate of Technical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Computer Science and Economic Cybernetics, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3, Soniachna Str., e-mail: ).
The article considers the main trends in the development of the hospitality industry market in the European Union. The analytical review of scientific sources allowed to single out among them the following: deepening of specialization of hotel and restaurant offers; creation of international hotel and restaurant chains; development of a network of small enterprises; introduction of new computer technologies in the hospitality industry; training of highly qualified personnel. The contradiction between the urgent need for innovation in the hospitality business highlights the problem of introduction of new computer technologies in the hospitality industry and the appropriate training of highly qualified personnel. The main directions of digitalization as the basis of innovations introduced in the hospitality industry are determined: technologies of pattern recognition (face); use of robots, virtual companions, equipment of rooms with «smart» equipment, use of modules such as «Online supermarket tours». The classification of world innovations in the hotel business by types, innovations and significance for the development of the hospitality business is offered. Among the innovations are informational and marketing types. Informational innovations are related to the Cloud Hotel Automation System, the Cloud Hotel Management Service, the Hotel Booking Service, the creation of a WOW-effect for customers, etc. An analysis of the training of specialists for the hotel and restaurant business in European countries that are able to ensure the digitalization of the hospitality business is conducted. The peculiarities of professional training of managers in higher education in Switzerland, which ranks first in the top 10 of best hospitality schools in the world, are considered. Due to the analysis, recommendations are formulated for the training of the specialists of hotel and restaurant business in Ukraine, which focus on quality of practical training of students through long internships in leading hotels in Ukraine and abroad, attracting future professionals to work on innovative projects, creating high-tech learning environments in universities.
1. Honcharuk, T.V. (2017). Zarubizhnyj dosvid rozvytku pidpryjemnycjkykh struktur ta mozhlyvosti jogho vykorystannja v Ukrajini [The foreign experience in the development of business structures and the possibility of its use in Ukraine]. Efektyvna ekonomika – Efficient economy, 9. Retrieved from: http: //www. economy. nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=5772 [in Ukranian].
2. Hrosul, V.A., & Kaljenik, A.V. (2017). Osoblyvosti formuvannja konkurentnoji strateghiji pidpryjemstva restorannogho ghospodarstva [Features of formation of competitive strategy of the restaurant enterprise]. Mizhnarodna naukovo-praktychna internet-konferentsiia ekonomichnoho spriamuvannia «Innovatsiinyi potentsial suchasnoi ekonomichnoi nauky» – International scientificpractical Internet conference of economic direction «Innovative potential of modern economics». (pp. 13-15). Ternopilj. Retrieved from: http://www. economyconfer.com.ua/full-article/2336/ [in Ukranian].
3. Dyshkantyuk O.V. (2015). Teoretychni osnovy funktsionuvannya industriyi hostynnosti [Theoretical foundations of the hospitality industry]. Ekonomika: realiyi chasu – Economics: the realities of time, 6 (22), 96-101. Retrieved from: http://economics.opu.ua /files/archive/2015/n6.html [in Ukrainian].
4. Innovatsiyni tekhnolohiyi v hotel’omu biznesi [Investment technologies in the hotel business]. rusnauka.com. Retrieved from: [in Ukrainian].
5. Kuzjmenko, A.V., & Tretjak, Ju.I. (2018). Vprovadzhennia Internetmarketynhu dlia prosuvannia produktsii pidpryiemstva (na prykladi TOV «Baryn») [The introduction of Internet marketing to promote the companys products (for example, LLC «Barin»)]. Ekonomika ta suspilstvo – Economy and society, 16. Retrieved from: http://economyandsociety.in.ua/journal/16_ukr/59.pdf [in Ukranian].
6. Nezdoiminov, S.H., & Dyshlovyi, I.M. (2011). Naukovo-metodolohichni zasady formuvannia stratehii konkurentospromozhnosti hotelnykh pidpryiemstv rehionu [Scientific-methodological ambush of the formulation of the strategy of competitiveness of hotel production in the region]. Biznes Inform – Business Inform, 6, 145-149 [in Ukrainian].
7. Pyatnytska, H.T., & Naydyuk, V.S. (2017). Suchasni trendy rozvytku restorannoho hospodarstva v Ukrayini [Modern trends in the development of the restaurant industry in Ukraine]. Ekonomika ta derzhava – Economy and state, 9, 66-73 [in Ukrainian].
8. Pererva, P.H., Kosenko, A.V., Maslak, M.V., Matrosova, V.O., & Dolyna, I.V. (2018). Rozvytok orhanizatsiyno-ekonomichnoho mekhanizmu upravlinnya rozvytkom industriyi turyzmu ta hostynnosti [Development of organizational and economic mechanism for managing the development of the tourism and hospitality industry]. Visnyk NTU «KHPI» Seriya: Ekonomichni nauky – Bulletin of NTU «KhPI» Series: Economic Sciences, 48 (1324), 121-127 [in Ukrainian].
9. Popyk, M.M. (2019). Profesiyna pidhotovka fakhivtsiv hotel’no-restorannoyi spravy: dosvid Shveytsariyi [Professional training of hotel and restaurant specialists: the experience of Switzerland]. Naukovyy visnyk Uzhhorods’koho universytetu. Sеriya: «Pedahohika. Sotsial’na robota» – Scientific Bulletin of Uzhhorod University. Series: «Pedagogy. Social work», 1 (44), 137-139 [in Ukrainian].
10. Stavska, Yu.V. (2018). Osoblyvosti ta zmist innovatsiy u sferi hostynnosti. [Features and content of innovations in the field of hospitality]. Ekonomika, finansy, menedzhment: aktual’ni pytannya nauky i praktyky – Economics, finance, management: topical issues of science and practice activity, 3 (31), 35-46 [in Ukrainian].
11. Тabenska, O.I. (2020). Suchasni tendentsiyi rozvytku industriyi hostynnosti v Nimechchyni [Modern trends in the hospitality industry in Germany]. Naukovyy visnyk Uzhhorods’koho universytetu. Seriya «Mizhnarodni ekonomichni vidnosyny ta svitove hospodarstvo» – Scientific Bulletin of Uzhhorod National University. Series «International Economic Relations and the World Economy», 34, 185-190 [in Ukrainian].
12. Yurchuk, N.P. (2018). Informatsiyni systemy i tekhnolohiyi yak innovatsiya u systemi upravlinnya biznes-protsesamy [Information systems and technologies as an innovation in the business process management system]. Efektyvna ekonomika – Efficient economy, 5, 56. Retrieved from: [in Ukrainian].
13. Hospitality and Tourism workforce landscape. assets.publishing.service.gov.uk. Retrieved from: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/827952/Hospitality_and_Tourism_Workforce_Landscape.pdf [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "