ECONOMIC AND ECOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVES OF ENERGY WILLOW CULTIVATION BY THE YALTUSHKIVSKA EXPERIMENTAL BREEDING STATION OF THE INSTITUTE OF BIOENERGY CROPS AND SUGAR BEETS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF AGRARIAN SCIENCES OF UKRAINE
HONCHARUK Inna – Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor of the Department of Economics and Entrepreneurship, Vice-Rector for Scientific and Pedagogical, Scientific and Innovative Activities, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3, Soniachna Str., e-mail: email@example.com).
YAREMCHUK Natalia – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Senior Lecture of the Department of Administrative Management and Alternative Energy Sources, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3, Soniachna Str., е-mail: Yaremchuk_Nat@i.ua).
The article analyzes the peculiarities of energy consumption in Ukraine, and it is established that among the main consumers of fuel and energy resources, the largest share belongs to the agricultural sector, which is also characterized by the significant potential of biomass suitable for biofuel production.
It was determined that the most promising source of thermal energy should be solid biofuel, the production of which in Ukraine is accompanied by a shortage of quality raw materials. Analysis of the problem allowed generating its solution in the form of cultivation of energy plantations of plants of short rotation, in particular energy fast-growing willow on the lands, withdrawn from the agricultural rotation.
It is established that in the perspective of realization of the described solution, the priority tasks for scientific institutions of agrarian profile are selection of productive varieties and hybrids of short-rotation energy plants suitable for processing into rigid biofuels and development of technologies of their cultivation and processing. Among such organizations, the object of research was selected Yaltushkovo experimental breeding station of the Institute of bioenergy crops and sugar beet NAAS of Ukraine, that is engaged in breeding and elite seed production of agricultural and bioenergy crops, including energy willow.
In scientific activities of Yaltushkivska experimental breeding station were carried out and analyzed experiments on the technology of growing energy willow for the production of solid biofuel from various aspects of the production cycle, including the introduction of nutrients, alternative treatment practices, the use of cover crops, planting patterns, biomass growth features, as well as collection systems and logistics.
Prospects for the practical use of energy willow based on economic calculations made for the efficiency of a 10-hectare plantation were disclosed. EcoWillow 2.0 program was chosen as the methodological basis - the most complete tool for financial analysis of willow plantations.
It was determined that special attention should be paid to reforming the provision of heat energy to the rural population through the creation of energy cooperatives on the use and cultivation of energy willow on the basis of intersectoral scientific and production integration at the local level, involving as a scientific partner of the existing USEC «All-Ukrainian scientific- educational consortium» to ensure coordination of communication between science, public, government and business.
1. Berezjuk, S.V., & Zubar, I.V. (2019). Suchasni ekonomiko-ekolohichni aspekty zastosuvannia dobryv u roslynnytstvi [Modern economic and ecological aspects of fertilizer application in the crop production]. Ekonomika APK – The Economy of Agro-Industrial Complex, 10, 34-43. DOI: https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.201910034 [in Ukrainian].
2. Honcharuk, I.V., & Tomashuk, I.V. (2019). Ekonomichna efektyvnist enerhetychnoi avtonomii APK za rakhunok vykorystannia biopalyv [Economic efficiency of energy autonomy of agroindustrial complex due to the use of biofuels]. Ekonomika, finansy, menedzhment: aktualni pytannya nauky i praktyky – Economy, finances, management: topical issues of science and practical activity, 2 (42), 7-19. DOI: 10.37128/2411-4413-2019-2-1 [in Ukrainian].
3. Honcharuk, I.V., & Tomashuk, I.V. (2017). Vplyv ekoloho-ekonomichnoho faktoru na osoblyvosti orhanizatsiino-ekonomichnoho mekhanizmu vykorystannia resursnoho potentsialu silskykh terytorii [Influence of ecological and economic factor on features of organization of organizational and economic mechanism of use of resource potential of rural territories]. Ekonomika, finansy, menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky – Economy, finances, management: topical issues of science and practical activity, 4 (20), 52-62 [in Ukrainian].
4. Honcharuk, I.V. (2020). Dosvid formuvannia enerhetychnoi avtonomii silskykh terytorii: otsinka roli kooperatyviv [Experience of formation of energy autonomy of rural territories: assessment of the role of cooperatives]. Ekonomika, finansy, menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky – Economy, finances, management: topical issues of science and practical activity, 1 (51), 23-40. DOI: 10.37128/2411-4413-2020-1-2 [in Ukrainian].
5. Honcharuk, I.V., Starosud, V.I., & Mulyk, T.O. (2018). Finansovi rezuljtaty siljsjkoghospodarsjkykh pidpryjemstv: mekhanizm formuvannja ta analitychna ocinka (na prykladi Jaltushkivsjkoji doslidno-selekcijnoji stanciji IBK i CB NAAN Ukrajiny) [Financial results of agricultural enterprises: the mechanism of formation and analytical assessment (on the example of Yaltushkiv experimental breeding station of the Institute of bioenergy crops and sugar beets of the National Academy of Agrarian Sciences of Ukraine)]. Ekonomika, finansy, menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky – Economy, finances, management: topical issues of science and practical activity, 3 (31), 18-34. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31073/agrovisnyk201811-21 [in Ukrainian].
6. Kaletnik, G.M. (2018). Dyversyfikacija rozvytku vyrobnyctva biopalyv – osnova zabezpechennja prodovoljchoji, energhetychnoji, ekonomichnoji ta ekologhichnoji bezpeky Ukrajiny [Diversification of biofuel production development – the basis for ensuring food, energy, economic and environmental security of Ukraine]. Visnyk aghrarnoji nauky – Аgrarian Science Journal, 11 (96), 169-176. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31073/agrovisnyk201811-21 [in Ukrainian].
7. Kaletnik, G.M. (2009). Rolj aghropromyslovogho kompleksu Ukrajiny u vyrishenni problem energhetychnoji ta ekologhichnoji bezpeky derzhavy [The role of the agro-industrial complex of Ukraine in solving the problems of energy and environmental security of the state]. Aghrosvit – Aghrosvit, 22, 2-5 [in Ukrainian].1. etnik, G.M., & Honcharuk, T.V. (2016). Perspektyvy vykorystannia stichnykh kanalizatsiinykh vod m. Vinnytsi dlia pidzhyvlennia poliovykh kultur: vitchyznianyi ta zarubizhnyi dosvid [Prospects of using of sewage waters in Vinnytsia for reaping of field crops: domestic and foreign experience]. Zbalansovane pryrodokorystuvannia – Balanced Environmental Management, 3, 42-47 [in Ukrainian].
Kaletnik, G.M., & Honcharuk, T.V. (2016). Perspektyvy vykorystannia stichnykh kanalizatsiinykh vod m. Vinnytsi dlia pidzhyvlennia poliovykh kultur: vitchyznianyi ta zarubizhnyi dosvid [Prospects of using of sewage waters in Vinnytsia for reaping of field crops: domestic and foreign experience]. Zbalansovane pryrodokorystuvannia – Balanced Environmental Management, 3, 42-47 [in Ukrainian].
9. Kaletnik, G.M., & Yemchyk, T.V. (2020). Efektyvnistj funkcionuvannja nacionaljnogho ghospodarstva ta orghanizacijni formy upravlinnja nacionaljnoju ekonomikoju [The efficiency of the national economy and organizational forms of management of the national economy]. Ekonomika, finansy, menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky – Economy, finances, management: topical issues of science and practical activity, 2 (52), 7-22. DOI: 10.37128/2411-4413-2020-2-1 [in Ukrainian].
10. Metodyka rozrakhunku norm vytrat teplovoji energhiji na obighriv budivelj [Methods of calculating the norms of thermal energy consumption for heating buildings]. (2004, November 26). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/rada/show/n0001466-04#Text/ [in Ukrainian].
11. Ofitsiinyi web-sait The Willow Project at SUNY-ESF [The official website of The Willow Project at SUNY-ESF]. esf.edu. Retrieved from: https://www.esf.edu/willow/download.htm [in English].
12. Ofitsiinyi web-sait Verkhovnoji Rady Ukrajiny [Official website of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine]. static.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: www.static.rada.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
13. Ofitsiinyi web-sait Derzhavnogho aghentstva z energhoefektyvnosti ta energhozberezhennja Ukrajiny. Departament vidnovljuvanykh dzherel energhiji [Official website of the State Agency for Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving of Ukraine. Department of Renewable Energy]. saee.gov.ua. Retrieved from: http://saee.gov.ua. [in Ukrainian].
14. Ofitsiinyi web-sait kompaniji VAT «Aljfa-Ynvest» [Official website of the OJSC «Alfa-Invest»]. a-invest.com.ua. Retrieved from: https://a-invest.com.ua [in Ukrainian].
15. Ofitsiinyi web-sait Pivnichno-skhidnogho Konsorciumu derevnoji biomasy. [Official website of the Northeast Woody/Warm-season Biomass Consortium]. newbio.psu.edu. Retrieved from: www.newbio.psu.edu/ [in English].
16. Ofitsiinyi web-sait torghiveljnoji internet-platformy «Prom» [Official website of the Trading Internet-platform «Prom»]. prom.ua. Retrieved from: https://prom.ua [in Ukrainian].
17. Praktychnyj posibnyk z vykorystannja biomasy v jakosti palyva u municypaljnomu sektori Ukrajiny [Practical guide to the use of biomass as a fuel in the municipal sector of Ukraine]. bioenergy.in.ua. Retrieved from: http://bioenergy.in.ua [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "