EVALUATION OF THE STATE OF INTERNAL AGRICULTURAL CONTROL IN THE SYSTEM OF MANAGEMENT OF SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH INSTITUTIONS
KOZACHENKO Anna – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Senior lecturer of the Audit and State Control Department, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3 Sonyachna Str., e-mail: email@example.com, +380675691010).
The activity of scientific research institutions is not deprived of the internal risks most commonly connected with unfair actions of official and materially responsible persons, instances of fraud and forgery. Taking the above into account, economic operations taking place in such institutions are subject to internal control for the purpose of a target and most effective use of financial resources. The mechanisms of realization of internal control can be diverse and depend on the sizes and the structure of households, experiment and selective stations and structures of their administration. As practice shows, internal control should not be limited only to checks of the legitimacy of the carried-out operations and the level of performance of planned targets. The strategic direction and control of a condition of economic processes at different stages of its consecutive implementation is the key to a stable functioning of scientific and research establishments, and a correctly created system of internal control is capable to prevent considerable volumes of the carried-out violations even without external influence. These problems defined the relevance of the article and the purpose of further research.
The assessment of the system of internal control of The Institute of Bioenergy Crops and Sugar Beet (IBC&SB) NAAS which has its own network of the research stations and research households located in various agricultural regions is carried out and gave ground to be convinced that they for the purpose of specification of control functions in management process and at different stages of the sequence of their implementation, in this integrated research institution there are the following component (types) of control:
1. Administrative control is a set of procedures directed to the implementation of production and financial plans and also duties by officials. It is carried out automatically within the approved internal organizational and administrative documents.
2. Accounting control is a set of procedures for identification of deviations of the actual indicators from planned ones (accounting records), the safety of assets of the enterprise, prevention of shortcomings and elimination of risks in the activity of an enterprise, ensuring the reliability of accounting data and financial statements.
3. Technological control is a set of the procedures providing production technology compliance (cultivation of grain crops (except rice), leguminous crops and seeds of oil-bearing crops, vegetables and cucurbits crops, root crops, biopower cultures, and sugar beet), norms and standards of a raw materials consumption, quality of goods manufactured.
The organization of internal control, as a rule, contains several stages the identification of which depends on the purposes, tasks, and expediency of check. The stages of internal control which take place at The Institute of Bioenergy Crops and Sugar Beet NAAS are the following:
I stage - control planning of efficiency of budgetary funds usage. Within the given stage of internal control of IBC&SB NAAS, it is expedient to carry out the formation of the list of the priority directions of control on the basis of strategic objectives of the institution. Besides, the compliance with duty regulations validating distribution of functional authority of heads of departments for the purpose of determination of the adequacy of distribution of duties, for the competence of personnel is necessary;
II stage - the realization of control actions within the monitoring procedure of effective management of budgetary funds. This stage includes the check of:
1) accuracy of the results of the statement of estimates implementation; 2) accuracy of account and use of noncurrent assets, supplies of the institution; 3) accuracy of petty cash operations management and observing cash discipline; 4) operations on accounts in banks and treasury; 5) reliability and reality of treatment in accounting of accounts receivable and accounts payable; 6) accuracy of payroll accounting and payroll payment and mandatory deductions; 7) accuracy of reflection in accounting and use of funding of the institution; 8) expenditures for the creation of an innovative product; 9) documentation of the operations on intellectual property items within capital assets and expenses on research works.
III stage - summing up control activity. It contains the approval of reports on results of the check, control of the implementation of the recommendations aimed directly at control object.
The efficiency of internal control of The Institute of Bioenergy Crops and Sugar Beet NAAS according to the conducted research depends not only on the considered check stages but also on the measures on its stimulation in the time aspect. The analysis of sources of scientific literature gave reason to make sure that most scientists divide control based on implementation term (timing) for: 1) the preliminary in-house control implemented at the stage of adoptions of management decisions prior to certain economic operations;
2) current internal control that is expedient to carry out in the reporting period for the purpose of timely and expeditious identification of the deviations and reasons which entailed them; 3) the following internal control directed to the check of lawful, correct carrying out and reflection of the financial and economic transactions presented in primary documents, account books and reporting forms.
During the research of The Institute of Bioenergy Crops and Sugar Beet NAAS activity, it was necessary to observe the usage of only such form of control as the subsequent control which is implemented according to results of activity of the budgetary institution.
It is proved in the article that internal control is one of the most important functions of management, as with its help the check on execution and efficiency of management decisions, control of existence and use of resources and also identification and elimination of deviations in the system of financial activity of institutions is provided. That is, internal control in the integrated research institutions has to provide timeliness of information introduction and allow to quickly prevent possible development of crisis situations with the purpose of adoption of effective management decisions. The combination of the offered stages of implementation of internal control, methodical procedures and measures of stimulation in time aspect to influence stable functioning of institutions including The Institute of Bioenergy Crops and Sugar Beet NAAS on assets saving and their rational use, observance of domestic policy, prevention and exposure of violations, the accuracy of accounting records, preparation of reliable and accurate financial information.
- Ghucalenko L.V., Derij V.A. & Kozachenko A.Ju. (2016), Orghanizacijno- metodychni aspekty obliku ta kontrolju nevyrobnychykh vytrat [Organizational-methodical aspects of accounting and control of non-production costs]. Ternopilj: TNEU [in Ukrainian].
- Bjudzhetnyj kodeks Ukrajiny: pryjnjatyj 8 lyp. 2010 roku № 2456-VI [Budget Code of Ukraine: Adopted on July 8 2010, № 2456-VI]. Retrieved from http: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2456-17/page.
- Ovsiychuk V.Ya. (2006). Formirovanie sistemy vnutrikhozyaystvennogo kontrolya v sel'skokhozyaystvennykh organizatsiyakh [Formation of the system of internal control in agricultural organizations]. Moskow, Izdatel'sko-torgovaya korporatsiya „Dashkov i K”, 380 [in Russian].
- Ghucalenko L.V. (2014). Vnutrishnjoghospodarsjkyj kontrolj [Internal control]. Kyiv, Centr uchbovoji literatury, 496 [in Ukrainian].
- Romanchuk A.L. (2009). Metodychni pryjomy vnutrishnjoghospodarsjkogho kontrolju na pidpryjemstvakh promyslovosti budiveljnykh materialiv [Methodical receptions of internal control at the enterprises of the building materials industry]. Naukovyj visnyk Chernivecjkogho torghoveljno-ekonomichnogho instytutu KNTEU – Scientific herald of the Chernivtsi Trade and Economic Institute of KNTEU, 3, 343-350 [in Ukrainian].
- Bulkot Gh.V. Misce vnutrishnjoghospodarsjkogho kontrolju v systemi upravlinnja pidpryjemstvom [Place of internal control in the enterprise management system]. Retrieved from: http://archive.nbuv.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
- Dikanj L.V. & Shuljgha N.M. (2005). Vnutrishnjoghospodarsjkyj kontrolj: konspekt lekcij [Internal control]. Kharkiv: Vyd. KhNEU [in Ukrainian].
- Mykhaljchyshyna L.Gh. Vnutrishnij kontrolj operacij dovirchogho upravlinnja nerukhomym majnom [Internal control of operations of trust management of immovable property]. Retrieved from: http://archive.nbuv.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
- Podoljanchuk O.A. (2015). Upravlinsjkyj kontrolj jak vyd vnutrishnjoghospodarsjkogho kontrolju pidpryjemstva [Management control as a kind of internal control of the enterprise]. Ekonomika. Finansy. Menedzhment: aktualjni pytannja nauky i praktyky – Economy. Finances. Management: topical issues of science and practice, 1, 117-126 [in Ukrainian].
- Kocupatryj, M.M. & Ghucalenko, U.O. (2010). Vnutrishnjoghospodarsjkyj kontrolj: orghanizacijni aspekty ta klasyfikacijni oznaky [Internal control: organizational aspects and classification features]. Ekonomichnyj analiz – Economic analysis. Zbirnyk naukovykh prac – Collection of scientific papers, 6, 433-436 [in Ukrainian].
- Podoljanchuk O.A. (2010). Vnutrishnjoghospodarsjkyj kontrolj u dijaljnosti siljsjkoghospodarsjkykh pidpryjemstv [Internal control in the activity of agricultural enterprises]. Ekonomika APK – Economy of agroindustrial complex, 10, 109-112 [in Ukrainian].
- Bilyk M. D. & Bjeljalov T. Je. (2015). Finansove planuvannja na pidpryjemstvi: navchaljnyj posibnyk [Financial planning at the enterprise]. Kyiv, PanTot, 436 [in Ukrainian].
- Jermolenko O.A. & Ghryghorenko K.O. (2015). Finansove planuvannja v umovakh nevyznachenosti [Financial planning under uncertainty]. Visnyk ekonomiky transportu i promyslovosti – Bulletin of the Economy of Transport and Industry, 49, 230-232 [in Ukrainian].
- Lendel O. I. (2011). Vyznachennja audytorsjkogho ryzyku v procesi audytu finansovo-ghospodarsjkoji dijaljnosti bjudzhetnykh ustanov [Determination of audit risk in the process of audit of financial and economic activity of budgetary institutions] Retrieved from: http://www.rusnauka.com/9_KPSN_2011/Economics/7_83495.doc.htm [in Russian].
- Ghudzenko N.M. (2008). Oblik i kontrolj zbutu v operacijnij dijaljnosti siljsjkoghospodarsjkykh pidpryjemstv [Accounting and control of sales in the operational activities of agricultural enterprises]. Vinnycia, RVV VDAU, 198 [in Ukrainian].
- Derij V.A. (2009). Vytraty i dokhody pidpryjemstv u systemi obliku ta kontrolju [Expenses and income of enterprises in the system of accounting and control] Ternopil, TNEU “Ekonomichna dumka”, 272 [in Ukrainian].
- Orghanizacija i metodologhija obliku, analizu ta audytu vytrat na zbut v PrAT “Fabryka Mrija” (2015) [Organization and methodology of accounting, analysis and audit of expenses for sale at PrSC "Factory Mriya"]. Baza znaniy “Allbest”. Bukhgalterskiy uchet i audit. Retrieved from: https://knowledge. allbest.ru/audit/ 3c0a65635b2ad69a5 d53a88421316d36_2.html [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "