EXPERIENCE OF FORMING OF ENERGY AUTONOMY IN RURAL AREAS: ASSESSING THE ROLE OF COOPERATIVES
HONCHARUK Inna – PhD in Economics, Associate Professor, Department of Economics, Vice-Rector for Science and Innovation Activity, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3 Soniachna st, e-mail: email@example.com
The publication addresses climate change issues caused by fossil fuel emissions. It is established that the rate of increase of the air temperature in Ukraine is ahead of the world tendencies, as a result of which in Ukraine the widespread of droughts, an increase in land areas prone to desertification is probable. The effect of increasing the share of alternative fuels in total energy production on reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the world has been investigated. The volume of electricity consumption by household and non-household consumers and the price increase for them are analyzed; population of Ukraine and employment status of rural population. It is proposed to solve the problems of reducing the burden of payment for energy resources and creating new jobs in rural areas through the creation of energy cooperatives. The concept of "energy cooperative" is defined and economic models of energy cooperatives that can be applied by Ukrainian territorial communities and economic structures to ensure energy autonomy are proposed. The article analyzes the experience of setting up and operating energy cooperatives in the EU Member States, the USA and other countries of the world on the following grounds: field of activity; the form of ownership; sources of financing; social effect and others. Examples of successful operation and emergence of energy cooperatives in Ukrainian communities are provided, which provide energy autonomy for individual agricultural enterprises and community residents through the production of fuel from agricultural and forestry waste; launching a solar or wind power plant that sells electricity to the grid at a “green” rate; biogas production from biomass; production and use of solar water heaters and the like. The author's vision of the main directions of development of economic decarbonisation is formulated.
1. Pro alternatyvni dzherela enerhii : Zakon Ukrainy vid 9 serpnia 2019 r. № 555-IV [On alternative energy sources: Law of Ukraine of August 9, 2019 No. 555-IV]. Retrieved from http://zakon1.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1315-18 (data zvernennia: 10.04.2020) [in Ukrainian].
2. Martyniuk, A.M., Sakaliuk, D.S., Mariuk, O.V. & Kholodova, N.V. Enerhetychni kooperatyvy: enerhonezalezhnist dlia hromad [Energy cooperatives: energy independence for communities]. Kyiv: Hromadska orhanizatsiia «Ekoklub», 34. Retrieved from https://ua.boell.org/uk/2019/11/28/energetichni-kooperativi-energo-nezalezhnist-dlya-gromad (data zvernennia: 09.04.2020) [in Ukrainian].
3. Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy [State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua (data zvernennia 12.04.2020) [in Ukrainian].
4. Cooperatives Europe. Retrieved from https://coopseurope.coop/ (data zvernennia 08.04.2020) [in Ukrainian].
5. International Energy Agency. Retrieved from https://www.iea.org/areas-of-work/global-engagement (data zvernennia 08.04.2020) [in Ukrainian].
6. European statistics. Retrieved from https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/home? (data zvernennia 08.04.2020) [in Ukrainian].
7. Climate Action Plan 2050. Retrieved from https://unfccc.int/files/focus/application/pdf/161114_climate_action_plan_2050.pdf (data zvernennia 12.04.2020) [in Ukrainian].
8. Kuzmina, M. (2019). Pravove rehuliuvannia stvorennia ta funktsionuvannia enerhetychnykh kooperatyviv v Ukraini [Legal regulation of creation and functioning of energy cooperatives in Ukraine]. Pidpryiemnytstvo, hospodarstvo i pravo – Entrepreneurship, economy and law, 7, 40-44. Retrieved from DOI: 10.32849/2663-5313.2019.7.7 [in Ukrainian].
9. Shpykuliak, O.H. & Ivanchenko V.O. (2018). Dosvid Nimechchyny u rozvytku enerhetychnykh kooperatyviv: perspektyvy dlia Ukrainy [Germany's experience in the development of energy cooperatives: prospects for Ukraine]. Ekonomika APK – APK economy, 8, 92-101. Retrieved from http://repository.vsau.org/getfile.php/18921.pdf [in Ukrainian].
10. Baiko, R. (2016). Enerhetychni kooperatyvy: dosvid Nimechchyny ta Avstrii: dovidnyk [Energy cooperatives: German and Austrian experience: handbook]. Kyiv : Ofis z finansovoho ta ekonomichnoho analizu u Verkhovnii Radi Ukrainy, 32. Retrieved from https://feao.org.ua/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/FEAO_Energy_cooperatives.pdf (data zvernennia: 09.04.2020) [in Ukrainian].
11. Kosse, I. (2019). Istorii uspikhu reform [Success stories of reforms]. Kyiv: Instytut ekonomichnykh doslidzhen ta politychnykh konsultatsii, 260. Retrieved from https://rpr.org.ua/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/rfr_success_stories_book_ua.pdf (data zvernennia: 09.04.2020) [in Ukrainian].
12. Wierling, A., Schwanitz, V.J., Zeiß, J.P., Bout, C., Candelise, C., Gilcrease, W. & Gregg, J.S. (2018). Statistical Evidence on the Role of Energy Cooperatives for the Energy Transition in European Countries. Sustainability, 10(9), 3339. Retrieved from DOI:10.3390/su10093339 [in Switzerland].
13. Zinchenko, A., Skliarov, R. & Bondarchuk, I. (2018). Enerhetyka spilnot: yak enerhetychni kooperatyvy spryiaiut stiikosti hromad po vsomu svitu : dovidnyk [Community energy: how energy cooperatives contribute to community sustainability worldwide : handbook]. Kyiv: Tsentr Ekonomichnoi Demokratii, 13.
14. Honcharuk, I.V. (2017). Rol silskohospodarskykh kooperatyviv u zabezpechenni staloho rozvytku silskykh terytorii Vinnytskoi oblasti [Role of agricultural cooperatives in providing sustainable development of rural areas of Vinnytsia region]. Ekonomika, finansy, menedzhment – Economy, finances, management, 8(24), 56-67. Retrieved from http://repository.vsau.org/getfile.php/15769.pdf [in Ukrainian].
15. Kaletnik, H.M., & Honcharuk, I.V. (2015). Skladovi rozvytku silskykh terytorii ta modeli ahrarnoho pidpryiemnytstva i kooperatsii [Components of rural development and models of agricultural entrepreneurship and cooperation]. Rozvytok maloho i serednoho pidpryiemnytstva ta kooperatsii na seli. Problemy ta perspektyvy: zb. materialiv nauk. konf. i navch.-prakt. seminaru – Development of small and medium-sized enterprises and rural cooperatives. Problems and Prospects: collect. mat. science. conf. and navch.-pract. semin. Vinnytsia : Edelveis i K, 5-13. [in Ukrainian].
16. Kaletnik, H.M., & Honcharuk, T.V. (2013). Innovatsiine zabezpechennia rozvytku biopalyvnoi haluzi: svitovyi ta vitchyznianyi dosvid [Innovative support for the development of the biofuels industry: world and national experience]. Biznes Inform – Business Inform, 9, 155-160. [in Ukrainian].
17. Otsinka vrazlyvosti do zminy klimatu [Climate change vulnerability assessment]. Ukraina. Retrieved from http://climategroup.org.ua/?p=2844 [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "