FEATURES OF FINTECH DEVELOPMENT IN MODERN CONDITIONS
YURCHUK Natalia – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of Economic
Cybernetics Department, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, 3. Sonyachna str, Vinnytsia, е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The features of formation and development of the FinTech market in the conditions of digitalization
of the financial market are revealed in the work. It is proven that one of the trends of the global financial
services market is the active introduction of FinTech innovation.
A study of the definition of FinTech, identified four approaches to identify the essence of the concept:
institutional, sectoral, functional, operational. It is justified that FinTech envisages the interconnection of
two components - innovations based on the technologies of the traditional financial banking sector and
new business models of providing financial services.
The classification approaches to systematization of FinTech services are studied: for market support
and for industry innovations.
The principles underlying the implementation of financial technology systems are outlined.
The potential advantages and disadvantages of FinTech innovation for the economy are considered.
An analysis of the global FinTech market has been performed, showing a significant increase in global
investment in the industry over the past years. The Ukrainian FinTech market is following global trends and
showing dynamic growth. FinTech's domestic market is represented by such areas as: payments and money
transfers, mobile wallets, digital banks and neo-banks, blockchain and cryptocurrency, technologies and
infrastructure, consulting and analytical systems, personal and consumer lending, business lending, insourtech,
cyber security financial management, digital comparison tools, legal technology.
It is motivated that investment and knowledge are needed to create and develop FinTech startups.
Today, investing is one of the key problems for the development of Ukrainian FinTech companies. The
sources of financing of Ukrainian FinTech companies are analyzed and their features are described.
There is no established system support for FinTech companies in Ukraine today.
It is proved that the state support of the domestic FinTech-industry and consolidation of efforts of
all its participants in the directions defined in the work will contribute to the development of innovative-investment entrepreneurship.
1. Priamukhina N.V. & Sal'kova I.Yu. (2018), Osoblyvosti formuvannia mizhrehional'noho
ekonomichnoho prostoru v Ukraini: mozhlyvosti ta pereshkody [Features of forming of interregional
economic space in Ukraine: possibilities and problems]. Ekonomika. Finansy. Menedzhment: aktual’ni
pytannia nauky i praktyky.Eсonomy. Finanсes – Management: actual issues of science and practical
activity, 11, 7-16 [in Ukrainian].
2. The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, consultative document: Sound Practices:
Implications of fintech developments for banks and bank supervisors / Bank for International Settlements.
2017. Retrieved from https://www.bis.org/bcbs/publ/d415.pdf [in Switzerland].
3. Semenoh A. Yu., Kryvych Ya. M. & Tsyrulyk S. V. (2018), FinTech-posluhy: sutnist', rol' i
znachennia dlia ekonomiky krainy [Fintech services: essence, role and value for the economy of the
country]. Odesa National University herald. Seriia : Ekonomika. T. 23, Vyp. 2, 100-105 [in Ukrainian].
4. Mazaraki A. & Volosovych S. (2018), Fintech u systemi suspil'nykh transformatsij [FinTech in the systym
of social transformations]. Herald of Kyiv national university of trade and economics. 2, 5 - 18 [ in Ukrainian ].
5. Scho take Fintech ta iaki joho perspektyvy na rynku finposluh Ukrainy. Retrieved from
https://business.ua/finances/4251-shcho-take-fintech-ta-iaki-ioho-perspektyvy-na-rynku-finposluh-ukrainy. [in Ukrainian].
6. What is Fintech. Retrieved from https://www.whartonfintech.org/blog-archive/2016/2/16/what-is-fintech [in USA].
7. Finansovi tekhnolohii v sviti ta Ukraini. Retrieved from http://groshi-v-kredit.org.ua/finansovi-tehnolohiji-v-sviti-ta-ukrajini.html. [in Ukrainian].
8. Zavolokina L., Dolata M. and Schwabe G. The FinTech phenomenon: antecedents of financial innovation
perceived by the popular press. Retrieved from https://jfin- swufe.springeropen.com/track/pdf/10.1186/s40854- 016-0036- 7?site=jfin- swufe.springeropen.com [ in Switzerland] .
9. FinTech – odno iz samyh perspektivnyh napravlenij dlja startapov. Retrieved from
http://startuplife.by/fintech-startups.html [in Belarus].
10. Scho take fintekh i iak vin vplyvaie na vashe zhyttia vzhe s'ohodni? Retrieved from
https://www.epravda.com.ua/projects/fintech/2018/12/5/641431/. [in Ukrainian].
11. Fintech Trends To Watch In 2019. Retrieved from
https://www.cbinsights.com/research/report/fintech-trends-2019/. [in Ukrainian].
12. Kataloh fintekh-kompanij Ukrainy 2019. Retrieved from https://map.fintechua.org/. [in Ukrainian].
13. Bab'iachok R.I. & Kul'chyts'kyj I.I. (2018), Osnovni tendentsii rozvytku startapiv v Ukraini –
problemy, pereshkody i mozhlyvosti. [The main trends in the development of startups in Ukraine are
problems, obstacles and opportunities] HO «Ahentsiia Yevropejs'kykh Innovatsij», 28 [in Ukrainian].
14. Dub A.R. & Khlopets'ka M.-S.B. (2016), Dzherela finansuvannia startapiv ta mozhlyvosti ikh
zaluchennia v Ukraini [Sources for startups financing and opportunities for their involvment in ukraine].
Socio-economic problems of the modern period of Ukraine, 1, 87-79 [in Ukrainian].
15. Moroz P. Venchurne investuvannia: pro startapy, blokchejn proekty ta IT-sferu. Retrieved from
https://blog.liga.net/user/pmoroz/article/31422 [in Ukrainian].
16. Kirillova Je. Startap-akselerator: idti ili ne idti? Retrieved from http://rusbase.com/howto/
accelerate/ [in Russian].
17. Startap-inkubatory ta biznes-akseleratory: scho i de shukaty? Retrieved from
http://tempus.nung.edu.ua/uk/news/ [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "