FEATURES OF USING CLOUD TECHNOLOGIES IN EDUCATION
KIPORENKO Svitlana - assistant of the Department of Economic Cybernetics Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3, Soniachna Str., e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ).
The article investigates cloud technologies and features of their use in educational institutions.
The essence of cloud technologies in education is determined. It is noted that the modern institution of higher education provides usage of information and communication technologies, and in particular, cloud technologies. The main characteristics (features) which characterize cloud services are described here. It is noted that usage of cloud services has benefits and problems as well.
There are such mandatory characteristics of cloud computing as self-service on demand, universal access to the network, resource pooling, elasticity, consumption accounting.
Four models of deployment of cloud technologies are revealed in the article. They are corporate, public, group and hybrid. It is admitted that the most appropriate model of deployment of cloud technologies in the infrastructure of higher education institutions is hybrid.
Cloud technologies support such activities as: communication, collaboration and co-operation, which determines certain areas of their usage.
The architecture of cloud technologies is presented in three levels: software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS).
The most popular cloud services which are used in various spheres, including educational institutions, are analyzed here. Office 365, Microsoft Planner, Microsoft SkyDrive, Google Drive, Google Talk, Google Docs, these are the common cloud services which are selected in SaaS. Popular software platforms which are presented in the PaaS segment are Windows Azure, Google App Engine, Cloud9 IDE, Ideone IDE. Each of the cloud platforms that is described in the article has its own peculiarities.
Possible areas of application of cloud technologies in the educational process are identified. They are free access to the programs and services used in the educational process, planning activities, implementation of the working regime of teachers and employees, the organization and conduct of scientific online conferences, seminars, forums, round tables, trainings, joint project work of students, individual independent work of students, electronic interaction with entrants.
- Yudin, O.K. Ziubina, R.V. & Ziubin, T.V. (2013) Khmarni tekhnolohii orhanizatsii intehrovanykh korporatyvnykh merezh [Cloud technologies for the organization of integrated corporate networks] Informatsiina bezpeka - Informational security, vol. 11, № 3 – P. 112-127 [in Ukrainian].
- Honcharuk I.V. & Yurchuk N.P. (2018) Orhanizatsiia yedynoho elektronnoho naukovo-osvitnoho prostoru suchasnoho universytetu [Organization of the single electronic scientific and educational space of the modern university] Ekonomika. Finansy. Menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky - Economy. Finances. Management: topical issues of science and practice, №12 – P. 54-66.
- Kaminskyi, O.Ye. Yereshko, Yu.O. & Kyrychenko, S.O. (2017) Khmaro oriientovana platforma suchasnoho universytetu – peredumova perekhodu do innovatsiinoi modeli ekonomichnoho rozvytku [The cloud-oriented platform of a modern university is a prerequisite for the transition to an innovative model of economic development] Informatsiini tekhnolohii i zasoby navchannia - Information technology and teaching aids, vol. 61, № 5, P. 84-95.
- Hrybiuk O. O. (2013) Perspektyvy vprovadzhennia khmarnykh tekhnolohii v osviti [Prospects for the introduction of cloud technologies in education] Teoriia ta metodyka elektronnoho navchannia - Theory and method of e-learning, №4 – P. 45-59.
- Bykov V. Yu. (2011) Khmarni tekhnolohii, IKT-autsorsynh i novi funktsii IKT pidrozdiliv osvitnikh i naukovykh ustanov [Cloud technologies, ICT outsourcing and new functions of ICT units of educational and research institutions] Informatsiini tekhnolohii v osviti - Information technology in education, № 10 – P. 8–23. DOI: 10.14308/ite000260
- Mell Р. & Grance P. (2009) The NIST Definition of Cloud Computing. NIST: Information Technology Laboratory, Retrieved from: http://www.nist.gov/itl/cloud/upload/cloud-def-v15. https://doi.org/10.6028/nist.sp.800-145
- Chetverykova T. (2016) Mozhlyvosti vykorystannia khmarnykh tekhnolohii u maibutnii profesiinii diialnosti studentiv pedahohichnykh koledzhiv [Possibilities of using cloud technologies in the future professional activity of students of pedagogical colleges] Naukovyi visnyk Mykolaivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni V. O. Sukhomlynskoho. Seriia : Pedahohichni nauky - Scientific Herald of the V.O. Sukhomlynsky Mykolaiv National University. Series: Pedagogical Sciences, № 1 – P. 303-307.
- Chang W. (2010) Transforming Enterprise Cloud Services, Abu-Amara, J. Sanford. – Springer, 428 p.
- Konovalenko S.M. (2017) Khmarni servisy v osvitnomu protsesi studentiv tekhnolohichnykh koledzhiv [Cloud services in the educational process of students of technological colleges] Informatsiini tekhnolohii i zasoby navchannia – Information technology and teaching aids, vol. 58, № 2 - P. 88-97.
- Sablina M.A. (2014) Mozhlyvosti vykorystannia khmarnykh tekhnolohii v osvitnii ta sotsialnii sferakh [Possibilities of using cloud technologies in the educational and social spheres] Osvitolohichnyi dyskurs - Educational discourse, № 3 – P. 191-200.
- Oleksiuk V.P. (2014) Dosvid orhanizatsii virtualnykh laboratorii na osnovi tekhnolohii khmarnykh obchyslen [Experience of organization of virtual laboratories on the basis of cloud computing technologies] Informatsiini tekhnolohii v osviti – Information technology in education, № 20 – p. 128-138.
- Oleksiuk V.P. (2013) Dosvid intehratsii khmarnykh servisiv Google Apps u informatsiino-osvitnii prostir vyshchoho navchalnoho zakladu [Elektronnyi resurs] [Google Apps Cloud Services Integration Experience in Higher Education Institution Information and Education] Informatsiini tekhnolohii i zasoby navchannia. – Information technology and teaching aids, №3. Retrieved from: http://journal.iitta.gov.ua/index.php/itlt/article/view/824/631.
- Mihunova I.A. Vykorystannia khmarnykh tekhnolohii u protsesi upravlinnia navchalnym zakladom [Elektronnyi resurs] [Use of cloud technologies in the management process of an educational institution] Retrieved from: http://osvita.ua/school/lessons_summary/administration/43072/.
- Maksymova L.P. (2015) Pedahohichni aspekty vykorystannia khmarnykh tekhnolohii v osviti [Pedagogical aspects of the use of cloud technologies in education] Inzhenerni ta osvitni tekhnolohii – Engineering and educational technologies, № 3 – P. 194-196.
- Radchenko H.Y. (2012) Raspredelennue vuchyslytelnue system [Distributed Computing Systems] Fotokhudozhnyk – Photographer, 108 p.
- Yalova K.M. & Bratuta M.Iu. (2018) Khmarni tekhnolohii v osviti [Cloud technology in education] Nauka ta osvita: kliuchovi pytannia suchasnosti : materialy Mizhnarodnoi naukovo-praktychnoi konferentsii 18 travnia 2018 r., m. Chernihiv: zb. nauk. prats «ΛΌHOΣ» - Science and education: key issues of the present: materials of the International Scientific and Practical Conference May 18, 2018, Chernigiv: Sob. sciences works «ΛΌHOΣ», vol. 9 – P.137-139.
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "