FEATURES OF WASTE FORMATION AND ITS MANAGEMENT DURING THE HOSTILITIES: THE EXPERIENCE OF UKRAINE
TOKARCHUK Dina – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of the Administrative Management and Alternative Energy Resources, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3, Soniachna Str., е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The article is devoted to the study of the peculiarities of waste formation during the hostilities on the territory of Ukraine. With the beginning of active hostilities in the russian federation on the territory of our country is the destruction of industrial and communal facilities, there is a mass movement of people to the western regions and abroad, disrupting natural ecosystems, leading to large amounts of waste. The classification of wastes which are generated during hostilities is presented: military, wastes from demolition and damaged buildings, household and similar wastes, wastes from destruction of industrial objects, wastes of animal husbandry, medical wastes, natural burials. The peculiarities of each of the types of waste are determined and the directions of their effective management are outlined. It is substantiated that hazardous military waste requires safe disposal by the military and the State Emergency Service of Ukraine (hereinafter – SES); it is possible to reuse the metal from the damaged military equipment. It is noted that waste from damage of buildings and industrial facilities can be divided into safe, which can be partially reused in construction, and hazardous, which require disposal. The directions of medical waste management are outlined, which are massively generated both in hospitals in relatively «quiet» regions, where the wounded are brought, and in combat zones in the provision of emergency medical care – they must be disposed of according to medical protocols. Livestock waste (dead animals and poultry, products of their vital activity) in the zone of active hostilities during the destruction of poultry farms and farms may pose an ecological danger. The prospects of their use for energy purposes – as raw materials for biogas production are determined. The terrible consequence of the war is the formation of natural burials. The necessity of exhumation and reburial of the dead in specialized. Ways to reduce the generation of household waste in regions where internally displaced persons moved en masse are proposed. An algorithm for sorting these wastes with the separation of components that can be reused during hostilities or for other purposes is presented.
1. Ofitsiinyi sait Ministerstva zakhystu dovkillia ta pryrodnykh resursiv Ukrainy [Official site of the Ministry of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources of Ukraine]. mepr.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://mepr.gov.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
2. Ekolohiia, pravo, liudyna: ofitsiinyi sait [Ecology, law, man: official site]. epl.org.ua. Retrieved from: http://epl.org.ua/pronas/ [in Ukrainian].
3. Ekodiia – Tsentr ekolohichnykh initsiatyv: ofitsiinyi sait [Ekodia – Center for Environmental Initiatives]. ecoaction.org.ua. Retrieved from: https://ecoaction.org.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
4. Telehram-kanal UA War Infographics [Telegram channel UA War Infographics]. t.me/uawarinfographics. Retrieved from: https://t.me/uawarinfographics [in Ukrainian].
5. Honcharuk, I.V., & Vovk, V.Yu. (2020). Poniatiinyi aparat katehorii silskohospodarski vidkhody, yikh klasyfikatsiia ta perspektyvy podalshoho vykorystannia dlia vyrobnytstva bioenerhii [Conceptual apparatus of the category of agricultural waste, their classification and prospects for further use for bioenergy production]. Ekonomika, finansy, menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky – Economics, finance, management: topical issues of science and practical activity, 3 (53), 23-38. DOI: 10.37128/2411-4413-2020-3-2 [in Ukrainian].
6. Tokarchuk, D., Pryshliak, N., Shynkovych, A., & Mazur, K. (2021). Strategic Potential of Agricultural Waste as a Feedstock for Biofuels Production in Ukraine. Rural Sustainability research, 46, 341. 1-12. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2478/plua-2021-0012 [in English].
7. Berezyuk, S., Tokarchuk, D., & Pryshliak, N. (2019). Resource potential of waste usage as a component of environmental and energy safety of the state. Journal of Environmental Management and Tourism, X, 5 (37). 1157-1167. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14505//jemt.v10.5(37).23 [in English].
8. Heletukha, H.H., Zheliezna, T.A., Drahniev, S.V., & Bashtovyi, A.I. (2020). Potentsial ta perspektyvy enerhetychnoho vykorystannia ahrobiomasy v Ukraini [Potential and prospects of energy use of agrobiomass in Ukraine]. Teplofizyka ta teploenerhetyka – Thermal physics and thermal energy, 42, 1, 42-51. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31472/ttpe.1.2020.5 [in Ukrainian].
9. Naichastishe pirotekhniky zaluchaiutsia do rozminuvannia u Kharkivskii oblasti – DSNS [Most often, pyrotechnics are involved in demining in the Kharkiv region – SES]. armyinform.com.ua. Retrieved from: https://armyinform.com.ua/ 2022/08/29/pirotehniky-chastishe-zaluchalysya-do-rozminuvannya-v-harkivskij-oblasti-dsns-2/ [in Ukrainian].
10. Viina v Ukraini: yak rozminovuiut kolyshni pozytsii viisk RF pid Kyievom [The war in Ukraine: how the former positions of the Russian army near Kyiv are demined]. dw.com. Retrieved from: https://www.dw.com/uk/viina-v-ukraini-yak-rozminovuiut-kolyshni-pozytsii-viisk-rf-pid-kyievom/a-61559414 [in Ukrainian].
11. Lymar, O. (2022). Vidkhody vid znesennia, budivnytstva ta poshkodzhenykh budivel u viiskovyi chas [Waste from demolition, construction and damaged buildings in wartime]. uifuture.org. Retrieved from: https://uifuture.org/publications/vidhody-vid-znesennya-budivnycztva-ta-posh kodzhenyh-budivel-u-vijskovyj-chas/ [in Ukrainian].
12. Zahalna suma priamykh zbytkiv infrastruktury zrosla do $113.5 mlrd, minimalni potreby u vidnovlenni zruinovanykh aktyviv nablyzhaiutsia do $200 mlrd: Ekonomichna pravda [The total amount of direct damage to infrastructure has increased to $113.5 billion, the minimum needs for the restoration of destroyed assets are approaching $200 billion: Economic truth]. epravda.com.ua. Retrieved from: https://www.epravda.com.ua/publications/2021/04/6/685311/ [in Ukrainian].
13. Pro kompensatsiiu za poshkodzhennia ta znyshchennia okremykh katehorii obiektiv nerukhomoho maina vnaslidok boiovykh dii, terorystychnykh aktiv, dyversii, sprychynenykh viiskovoiu ahresiieiu Rosiiskoi Federatsii: Proiekt Zakonu Ukrainy № 7198 [On compensation for damage and destruction of certain categories of immovable property as a result of hostilities, acts of terrorism, sabotage caused by the military aggression of the Russian Federation: Draft Law of Ukraine №7198]. (March, 24, 2022). ips.ligazakon.net. Retrieved from: https://ips.liga zakon.net/document/JI07181A?an=2 [in Ukrainian].
14. Pro zbir, obrobku ta oblik informatsii pro poshkodzhene ta znyshchene nerukhome maino vnaslidok boiovykh dii, terorystychnykh aktiv, dyversii, sprychynenykh viiskovoiu ahresiieiu Rosiiskoi Federatsii: Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy № 380 [On the collection, processing and accounting of information on damaged and destroyed immovable property as a result of hostilities, acts of terrorism, sabotage caused by the military aggression of the Russian Federation: Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine № 380]. (2022, March 26). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/380-2022-%D0%BF#Text [in Ukrainian].
15. Upovnovazhenyi: dii voroha spriamovani na stvorennia v Ukraini ekolohichnykh katastrof ye ekotsydom [Authorized: the actions of the enemy aimed at creating ecological disasters in Ukraine are ecocide]. ombudsman.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://ombudsman.gov.ua/news_details/upovnovazhenij-diyi-voroga-spryamovani-na-stvorennya-v-ukrayini-ekologichnih-katastrof-ye-ekocidom [in Ukrainian].
16. Cherez dii okupantiv Khersonshchyna perebuvaie na porozi ekolohichnoi katastrofy [Due to the actions of the occupiers, Kherson Oblast is on the verge of an ecological disaster]. charivne.info. Retrieved from: https://charivne.info/ news/na-ptakhofabritsi-chornobaivska-cherez-dii-okupantiv-zahinulo-4-milyoni-kurey [in Ukrainian].
17. Pro zatverdzhennia Derzhavnykh sanitarno-protyepidemichnykh pravyl i norm shchodo povodzhennia z medychnymy vidkhodamy: Nakaz Ministerstva okhorony zdorovia Ukrainy № 325 [On the approval of the State sanitary and anti-epidemic rules and norms regarding the treatment of medical waste: Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine № 325]. (2015, June 8). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0959-15#Text [in Ukrainian].
18. Khylko, M.I. (2017). Ekolohichna bezpeka Ukrainy [Environmental security of Ukraine]. Kyiv: Vyshcha shkola [in Ukrainian].
19. Shcho robyty, shchob zmenshyty kilkist pobutovykh vidkhodiv v chasi viiny? [What to do to reduce the amount of household waste in wartime?]. ecoclubua.com. Retrieved from: https://ecoclubua.com/2022/04/shho-robyty-shhob-zmenshyty-kilkist-pobutovyh-vidhodiv-v-chasi-vijny/[in Ukrainian].
20. Yak sortuvaty vidkhody pid chas viiny: instruktsiia [How to sort waste during the war: instructions]. ecopolitic.com.ua. Retrieved from: https://ecopolitic. com.ua/ua/news/yak-sortuvati-vidhodi-pid-chas-vijni-instrukciya/ [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "