FINANCIAL ASPECT OF THE ACTIVITY OF SMALL AND MEDIUM-SIZED BUSINESS ENTERPRISES IN THE AGRICULTURAL SPHERE AND THEIR ROLE IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF RURAL AREAS
VDOVENKO Larysa – Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor, Head of the Department of Finance, Banking and Insurance, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3, Soniachna Str., е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The article is devoted to current trends in the development of small and medium-sized businesses, whose role is crucial in the agricultural sector. It is established that agricultural production with specific features and in conditions of instability of the economic environment of their functioning and climate change requires the activities improvement of productive enterprises, characterized by flexibility, mobility, high maneuverability and the ability to respond quickly to changing economic conditions and changing business needs over time. In addition, the decline of rural areas is a dangerous trend in the further development of the agricultural sector of the economy as a whole, so the effective operation of agricultural enterprises is associated with solving these problems. The activity of agricultural enterprises in the context of large, medium, small and micro enterprises is assessed, the sources of their financing are analyzed, the restraining factors of their potential growth are singled out. It is established that small and medium business is an integral part of the development of the agricultural economy, which is able to provide domestic consumers with food, promotes competition, solves important economic and social problems of rural revival and rural development, so it needs more attention to support prospects by expanding financial opportunities and intensification of entrepreneurial activity.
The position of the agricultural sector of the economy in the future depends on the level of long-term investment, its lending and state financial support for agricultural producers. The activities of small and medium-sized enterprises in the agricultural sector need new approaches to promote their development by increasing the role and importance for agriculture and the economy as a whole. State support should be focused on promoting agricultural markets development, introducing new technologies, improving the investment attractiveness of industries, accomplishing the infrastructure of the agricultural market, financial and credit support, forming and implementation of rural development strategies in Ukraine.
1. Yavorska, T. (2012). Malyi biznes u silskomu hospodarstvi: teoriia i praktyka [Small business in agriculture: theory and practice]. Kyiv: NRC IAE [in Ukrainian].
2. Novi kryterii pidpryyemstv (mikro, mali, seredni, velyki) [New criteria of enterprises (micro, small, medium, large)]. consultinguzhhorod.com.ua. Retrieved from: https://consultinguzhhorod.com.ua/2019/09/14/%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0% B2%D1%96-%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%80%D1%96% D1%97-%D0%BF%D1%96%D0%B4%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%94%D0% BC%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B2-%D0%BC%D1%96%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%BE-%D0%BC%D0%B0%D0%BB%D1%96/.
3. Kornylyuk, R.V., & Kornylyuk, A.V. (2017). Finansuvania maloho ta serednoho biznesu: tendentsii, mozhlyvosti, ryzyky [Financing of small and medium business: trends, opportunities, risks]. Investytsii: practyka ta docvid – Investments: practice and experience, 24, 43-50 [in Ukrainian].
4. Zbarsky, V.K. & Zbarska, A.V. (2017). Rozvytok maloho pidpryyemnytstva v Cherkaskii oblasti [Development of small business in Cherkasy region]. Naukovyj visnyk Hersonskoho derzhavnoho universytetu. Seria «Еkonomichni nauky» – Scientific Bulletin of Kherson State University. Series «Economic Sciences», 25, 1, 142-146 [in Ukrainian].
5. Rybalko, S.V. (2020). Statystychnyi zbirnyk «Diyalnist pidpryyemstv silskoho hospodarstva Vinnychchyny» [Statistical collection «Activities of agricultural enterprises of Vinnytsia region»]. Main Department of Statistics in Vinnytsia region [in Ukrainian].
6. Polova, O. (2020). Enterprise financial policy. Norwegian Journal of development of the International Science, 3, 42, 28-34 [in English].
7. Popovenko, N.S., & Ganenko, O.V. (2012). Derzhavna pidtrymka rozvytku maloho biznesu v Ukraini [State support for small business development in Ukraine]. Economika: realii chasu – Economy: the realities of time, 1 (2), 126-132 [in Ukrainian].
8. EU Bank launches new scheme to support private sector in Ukraine, other EaP countries. (2017). eeas.europa.eu. Retrieved from: https://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/Ukraine/ 20382/eubanklaunches new scheme support private sector Ukraine other eapcountries_en [in English].
9. Granovska, V. & Krykunova, V. (2018). Orhanizatsiyni transformatsii ahrarnoho biznesu v Ukraini [Organizational transformations of agrarian business in Ukraine]. Ekonomika APK – Economics of agro-industrial complex, 3, 63-75 [in Ukrainian].
10. Galtsova, O.L. (2013). Malyi biznes: stan ta perspektyvy rozvytku v ahropromyslovomu kompleksi [Small business: state and prospects of development in the agro-industrial complex]. Derzhava ta regiony. Seriia: Ekonomika ta pidpryiemnytstvo – State and regions. Series: Economics and Entrepreneurship, 2 (71), 243-248 [in Ukrainian].
11. Aleskerova, Y., Titenko, Z., Skrypnyk, H., & Grytsyna, O. (2020). Modeling The Level Of Investment Attractiveness Of The Agrarian Economy Sector. International Journal of Industrial Engineering & Production Research, 31, 4 : 647-653. DOI: 10.22068/ijiepr.31.4 [in English].
12. Stoyanets, N.V. (2018). Rozvytok malykh form hospodariuvania yak zaporuka staloho rozvytku ahrarnoi ekonomiky [Development of small forms of management as a guarantee of sustainable development of agrarian economy]. Mizhnarodnyi naukovyi zhurnal «Internauka». Seria «Ekonomichni nauky» – International scientific journal «Interscience». Series: «Economic Sciences», 1 (9), 46-53 [in Ukrainian].
13. Malik, M. & Shpykuliak, O. (2017). Rozvytok ahrarnoho pidpryjemnytstva v umovah instytucionalnyh transformacij [Development of agrarian entrepreneurship in the conditions of institutional transformations]. Economika APK – Economics of agro-industrial complex, 2, 5-16 [in Ukrainian].
14. Honcharuk, I.V., & Tomashuk, I.V. Derzhavne rehulyuvania rozvytku resursnoho potencialu silskyh terytorii: zagalni aspekty [State regulation of resource potential development in rural areas: general aspects]. Economika, finansy, menedzhment: aktualni pytania teorii i practyky – Economy, finances, management: topical issues of science and practical activity, 4, 19-30 [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "