FINANCING OF ORGANIC PRODUCTION IN THE CONTEXT OF IMPACT INVESTING
PRUTSKA Olena - Doctor of Economic Sciences,Professor, Vinnytsia Trade and Economic Institute of Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics (Vinnytsia)
The article considers and justifies the approach to the financing of organic production as a component of the concept of impact-investing. The essence, features and tools of impact-investment are considered. Impact-investing differences from social investment, socially responsible investment and social entrepreneurship are considered. It is proved that Impact Investment is the newest financial strategy for social development, provides for investments in business projects that initially focused on profit and positive changes in society or the environment
It is noted that scientific consideration of impact investing has not yet been given due attention in Ukraine. The subject of research is at the intersection of financial technology, social entrepreneurship and organic agro-production. Impact investing is considered a separate case of social investing with more clearly defined boundaries.
Examples of social enterprises both in agriculture and in the restaurant business and in manufacturing are known in Ukraine. Because social entrepreneurship is a business, it has all the rules of the business: niche search, market research, competition, investment, and more. Impact investments help measure the external effects of doing business.
With the introduction of the investment impact criterion, it becomes possible to determine what this business impact is, how to measure, study and understand it.
It is emphasized that Impact investing is only beginning to develop in Ukraine.
Over the past few years, examples of such investments have emerged in Kyiv, Lviv, Odessa, Ivano-Frankivsk and other cities. Most of them have started their business through local businesses and have relatively small initial investments by global standards.
The opinion is grounded that investment in the development of organic production can be considered as a form of impact investment. It is concluded that, given the great social importance of the development of organic production, as well as the positive effects that organic agricultural production can potentially have on the development of rural areas, the use of financial resources of agricultural holdings may be promising.
It was proposed to provide a differentiated approach to the collection of a fixed agricultural tax (FAS), taking into account the availability of investments in organic agricultural production, which would have prompted agricultural holdings to include organic production units in their structure.
Investments in the development of organic agricultural production, which are proposed to be considered as impact investments, would allow domestic agro-holdings to a certain extent “rehabilitate”, improve their image, give their debt to society, and contribute to the development of rural areas.
- Parxomenko Yu.M. (2013) Social`ni investy`ciyi: sutnist` kategoriyi, pry`ncy`py`, formy` [Social investments: the essence of the category, principles, forms]. Problemyi razvitiya vneshneekonomicheskih svyazey i privlecheniya inostrannyih investitsiy: regionalnyiy aspekt – Problems of development of foreign economic relations and attracting foreign investment: a regional aspect,Doneczk: DonNU, T. 1, S. 300–303.
- Berzhanir A.L. (2017) Social`ne investuvannya yak forma realizaciyi social`noyi vidpovidal`nosti biznesu [Social investment as a form of implementation of social responsibility of business]. Retrieved from http://www.confcontact.com/2017-ekonomika-i-menedzhment/8_berzhanir.htm [in Ukrainian].
- Bondarenko A.V., Omelyanovy`ch L.O. (2009) Social`ne investuvannya yak faktor zabezpechennya social`no-ekonomichnogo rozvy`tku derzhavy`[Social investment as a factor in providing socio-economic development of the state] Visny`k Donbas`koyi nacional`noyi akademiyi budivny`cztva i arxitektury`. Bulletin of the Donbas National Academy of Civil Engineering and Architecture, 5(79), S.201–203[in Ukrainian]
- Zaxarchy`n G.M. (2008) Investuvannya rozvy`tku organizacijnoyi kul`tury`[Investing in the development of organizational culture] Ekonomichny`j prostir. – Economic space, 9, S.109–115 [in Ukrainian].
- Bayura D.O. (2011) Social`ne investuvannya yak vy`shhy`j riven` korporaty`vnoyi social`noyi vidpovidal`nosti [Social investment as the highest level of corporate social responsibility] Retrieved from
- http://tppe.econom.univ.kiev.ua/data/2011_24/Zb24_27.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Popov Ye.(2019) Impakt-investy`ciyi yak nove pokolinnya biznesu: 5 sfer, de biznes zminyuye ukrayins`ki mista [Impact-investment as a new generation of business: 5 spheres where business changes Ukrainian cities] Retrieved from https://life.pravda.com.ua/columns/2019/01/11/235034/ [in Ukrainian].
- Shapoval V.M., Shapoval I.A. Social`ni investy`ciyi yak instrument realizaciyi social`ny`x program suchasny`x kompanij [Social investment as an instrument for implementing social programs of modern companies] Retrieved from http://ir.nmu.org.ua/bitstream/handle/123456789/147366/7881.pdf? sequence=1&isAllowed=y [in Ukrainian].
- Zalevs`ky`j M. Ideyi dlya biznesu. Social`ne pidpry`yemny`cztvo [Ideas for business. Social entrepreneurship] Retrieved from https://msb.aval.ua/news/?id=26158 [in Ukrainian].
- Baranova N. (2017) Chto takoe y`mpakt-y`nvesty`rovany`e: razby`raemsya v termy`nology`y` [What is Impact Investing: Understanding Terminology] Retrieved from https://te-st.ru/2017/09/12/impact-investment-terms/ [in Russian].
- Trofimceva O., Prokopchuk N. (2018) Organichny`j ry`nok v Ukrayini [Organic market in Ukraine] Retrieved from minagro.gov.ua/ system/files/Organika%20v%20Ukrayini%202018%20r.docx [in Ukrainian].
- Klubny`ka oly`cetvoryaet proty`vorechy`ya kaly`forny`jskogo sel`skogo xozyajstva [Strawberry personifies the controversy of California agriculture] Retrieved from https://www.agroxxi.ru/gazeta-zaschita-rastenii/zrast/klubnika-olicetvorjaet- protivorechija-kaliforniiskogo-selskogo-hozjaistva.html[in Russian].
- Lupenko Yu.O., Kropy`vko M.F. (2013) Agroxoldy`ngy` v Ukrayini ta posy`lennya social`noyi spryamovanosti yix diyal`nosti [Agroholdings in Ukraine and strengthening the social orientation of their activities] Ekonomika APK. – Economy of agroindustrial complex, 7 [in Ukrainian].
- Sukov O.(2018) U chomu sy`la: Chomu agroxoldy`ngiv staye vse bil`she. [What is the strength: Why agribusinesses are becoming more and more] Agroinsajder - Agroinsaider .Retrieved fromhttps://agroinsider.com.ua /2018/06/18/ u-chomu-sila- chomu-agroxoldingiv-staye-vse-bilshe/ [in Ukrainian].
- Federaciya organichnogo ruxu Ukrayiny`, IFOAM [Federation of Organic Movement of Ukraine, IFOAM] organic.com.ua Retrieved from www.organic.com.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "