FORMATION OF COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGES OF RESTAURANT BUSINESS IN UKRAINE UNDER THE CONDITIONS OF EUROPEAN INTEGRATION
STAVSKA Uliya – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, Head of the Department of International Management, Hotel and Restaurant Business and Tourism, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3, Soniachna Str., e-mail: email@example.com).
YAHNO Ludmila – Teacher-Methodologist, Separate structural subdivision «Nemyriv Professional College of Construction, Economics and Design of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University» (22800, Vinnytsia region, Nemyriv, 29, Gymnasium Str., e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The article examines the process of intensive development and globalisation of the restaurant business in Ukraine as a part of the service sector of the economy exposed to many factors different in strength, duration and areas of influence in the context of European integration.
The article is devoted to the consideration of positive and negative factors influencing the development of hospitality. Among them are extensive and intensive. The development of hotel-restaurant business, its impact on the quality of life of citizens of Ukraine is considered. Particular attention has been paid to the changes and approaches which took place in the work of restaurants in pandemic and quarantine restrictions. The analysis of development of restaurant economy of Ukraine in 2003-2020 was carried out. There was a significant reduction in restaurants during 2014 - 2020.
The direct dependence of the state of the restaurant industry of Ukraine on the development of its economy has been substantiated. It has been proved that the enterprises of the hospitality industry are gaining popularity, intensive development in conditions of political and economic stability, stable economic situation of visitors to restaurants, as well as preserved cultural heritage. Thus development of restaurant business is carried out in the conditions of European integration under the approved programmes. There is an introduction of new forms and methods of service. The analysis shows the relationship between the development of the restaurant business and integration processes.
As a result of the study, an algorithm for assessing the level of competitiveness of restaurants was developed. The key criteria for the competitiveness of the restaurants have been established, namely: the level of customer satisfaction, quality of services provided, efficiency of management and organization processes in the restaurants, the level of corporate and social responsibility, competitive strategy of the restaurant and the competitive environment.
1. Aleksandrovova, V.О. (2017). Vyznachennia chynnykiv ta yikh vplyv na rozvytok hotelno-restorannoho biznesu [Identification of factors and their impact on the development of hotel and restaurant business]. Visnyk Natsionalnoho tekhnichnoho universytetu «KРІ». Serija: Ekonomichni nauky – Bulletin of the National Technical University «Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute». Series: Economic Sciences, 45 (1266), 89-92 [in Ukranian].
2. Kliueva, Yu.S. (2019). Problemu sovershenstvovanyia servysa na predpryiatyiakh hostynychno-restorannoho kompleksa [Problems of improving service at the enterprises of the hotel and restaurant complex]. Voprosu upravlenyia – Management issues, 3 (58). Retrieved from: https://journal-management.com/issue/2019/03/24 [in Russian].
3. Panova, D.A. (2019). Vlyianye restorannoho byznesa na еkonomycheskoe razvytye stranu [The influence of the restaurant business on the economic development of the country]. Molodoi uchenii – Young scientist, 14 (252), 114-116 [in Russian].
4. Pjatnycjka, Gh.T. & Najdjuk V.S. (2017). Suchasni trendy rozvytku restorannogho ghospodarstva v Ukrajini [The modern trends in the development of the restaurant industry in Ukraine]. Ekonomika ta derzhava – Economy and state, 9, 66-73 [in Ukranian].
5. Pjatnycjka, Gh.T. (2007). Restoranne hospodarstvo Ukrainy: rynkovi transformatsii, innovatsiinyi rozvytok, strukturna pereoriientatsiia [Restaurant industry of Ukraine: market transformations, innovative development, structural reorientation]. Kyiv:KNEU [in Ukranian].
6. Tabenska O.I. (2018). Innovatsiini tendentsii rozvytku restorannoho biznesu [Innovative trends in the restaurant business]. Ekonomika. Finansy. Pravo – Economics. Finance. Law, 4/2, 24-27 [in Ukranian].
7. Hroniki krizisa biznesa: kogo v Ukraine bol’she vsego nakroet shtormom koronavirusa [Chronicles of the business crisis: who in Ukraine will be most covered by a coronavirus storm]. epravda.com.ua. Retrieved from: https://www.epravda.com.ua/rus/publications/2020/03/ 19/658296 [in Russian].
8. Bloom J. How are food supply networks coping with coronavirus? BBC News. bbc.com. Retrieved from: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52020648 [in English].
9. Mulford Hoyos, M., Vergara Castro, L. & Plata, de Plata D. (2014). Tienda virtual: social market Colombia. Multiciencias, 268-275 [in English].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "