IMPROVING THE QUALITY AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM OF AGRI-FOOD PRODUCTS IN THE CONTEXT OF EUROPEAN INTEGRATION PROCESSES
BROYAKA Antonina – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Business, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3, Soniachna Str., e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The article examines the essence and significance of the quality management system in the process of ensuring the quality and safety of agri-food products, considers the main aspects and prerequisites for its introduction on Ukrainian enterprises in the context of the implementation of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the European Union. The legal and regulatory documents governing the safety of agri-food products, the level of their harmonization in Ukraine and implementation by Ukrainian operators of the agri-food market are analyzed. It was revealed that mainly large enterprises are currently implementing a quality management system, which is primarily associated with additional costs for its implementation. Attention is focused on the necessity to comply with the requirements of ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems, ISO 22000 Food Safety Management Systems, as well as the principles of the International System for Hazard Analysis and Control at Critical Points of HACCP to increase the competitiveness of agricultural and food products in the domestic and foreign markets and ensure it sustainable quality. The basic requirements of food product standards have been introduced. The dynamics of the development of certification processes at Ukrainian enterprises is traced, in particular, by the number of received quality certificates of the ISO group in Ukraine. General economic and specific reasons that hinder the growth of the quality and safety of agrі-food products at Ukrainian enterprises were identified, including: low level of technological equipment and slow development of innovative processes; imperfection of the domestic regulatory framework in the field of product quality regulation; significant price disparity and the presence of a large number of intermediaries in the chain from the producer of raw materials to the customer etc. A quality management system is proposed, which is a socio-ecological and economic system and combines a well-coordinated interaction of various types of quality management subsystems.
1. ISO Survey of certifications to management system standards. isotc.iso.org. Retrieved from: https://isotc.iso.org/livelink/livelink?func=ll&objId=18808772 &objAction=browse&viewType=1 [in English].
2. Regulation (EU) 2019/1381 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 June 2019 on the transparency and sustainability of the EU risk assessment in the food chain. data.europa.eu. Retrieved from: http://data.europa.eu/eli/reg/ 2019/1381/oj [in English].
3. Adaptatsiia do zakonodavstva YeS: u fokusi mali ta seredni vyrobnyky ahrarnoi produktsii. Bazove doslidzhennia [Adaptation to EU legislation: focusing on small and medium-sized agricultural producers. Basic research]. (2019). Kyiv. civic-synergy.org.ua. Retrieved from: https://www.civic-synergy.org.ua/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Adaptatsiya-do-zakonodavstva-YES_u-fokusi-mali-ta-seredni-vyrobnyky-agrarnoyi-produktsiyi-2e-vydannya.pdf [in Ukrainian].
4. Bydyk, A.H. (2020). Osnovni uchasnyky systemy tekhnichnoho rehuliuvannia, obiektom yakoi ye yakist ta bezpechnist ahrarnoi ta kharchovoi produktsii [The main participants in the system of technical regulation, about the quality and safety of agricultural and food products]. Skhidna Yevropa: ekonomika, biznes ta upravlinnia – Eastern Europe: economy, business and management. 1 (24), 209-214 [in Ukrainian].
5. Buriak, R.I. (2011). Metodolohichni pidkhody do otsinky yakosti diialnosti pidpryiemstv ahrarnoi sfery ekonomiky [Methodological approaches to assessing the quality of agricultural enterprises]. Ekonomika і upravlinnia – Economics and management, 1, 108-113 [in Ukrainian].
6. Honcharuk, I.V., Kovalchuk, S.Ya., Tsytsiura, Ya.H., & Lutkovska, S.M. (2020). Dynamichni protsesy rozvytku orhanichnoho vyrobnytstva v Ukraini [Dynamic processes of development of organic production in Ukraine]. Vinnytsia: Tvory [in Ukrainian].
7. Danchenko, O.B. Bielova, O.I., & Safar, Н.M. (2019). Osnovni aspekty upravlinnia yakistiu diialnosti pidpryiemstva torhivli [General aspects of quality management in trading companies]. Vcheni zapysky universytetu «KROK» – Scientific Notes of «KROK» University, 2 (54), 169-175 [in Ukrainian].
8. Zahalnyi prohres vykonannia Uhody pro asotsiatsiiu Ukrainy z Yevropeiskym Soiuzom iz 2014 roku dosiah na sohodni 54% [The overall progress of the implementation of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the European Union since 2014 has reached 54%]. ukrinform.ua. Retrieved from: https://www.ukrinform.ua/rubric-polytics/3220442-zagalnij-progres-vikonanna-ugodi-pro-asociaciu-z-es-dosag-54-stefanisina.html [in Ukrainian].
9. Kovtun, V.A. (2019). Napriamy upravlinnia yakistiu ahrarnoi produktsii [Directions for managing the quality of agricultural products]. Pryazovskyi ekonomichnyi visnyk – Pryazovskyi economic herald, 4 (15), 104-107 [in Ukrainian].
10. Krysanov, D.F. (2016). Intehratsiia ahrokharchovoho sektora Ukrainy v yedynyi normatyvnyi prostir Yevropeiskoho Soiuzu [Integration of the agri-food sector of Ukraine into the single regulatory space of the European Union]. Kyiv, NASU [in Ukrainian].
11. Zakon Ukrainy «Pro derzhavnyi kontrol za dotrymanniam zakonodavstva pro kharchovi produkty, kormy, pobichni produkty tvarynnoho pokhodzhennia, zdorovia ta blahopoluchchia tvaryn» № 2042-VIII [Law of Ukraine «On state control over compliance with the legislation on food, feed, animal by-products, animal health and welfare»]. (2017, May 18). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2042-19#Text [in Ukrainian].
12. Proiekt Zakonu Ukrainy «Pro materialy i predmety, shcho kontaktuiut z kharchovymy produktamy» № 4568 [Draft of the Law of Ukraine «On materials and objects in contact with foodstuffs»]. (2021, January 4). w1.c1.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: http://w1.c1.rada.gov.ua/pls/zweb2/webproc4_1?pf3511=70786 [in Ukrainian].
13. Zakon Ukrainy «Pro obmezhennia obihu plastykovykh paketiv na terytorii» № 1489-IX [Law of Ukraine «On Restricting the Circulation of Plastic Bags on the Territory»]. (2021, June 1). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1489-20#Text [in Ukrainian].
14. Zakon Ukrainy «Pro osnovni pryntsypy ta vymohy do bezpechnosti ta yakosti kharchovykh produktiv» № 771/97-VR [Law of Ukraine «On the basic principles and requirements for food safety and quality»]. (1997, December 23). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/771/97-%D0%B2%D1%80#Text [in Ukrainian].
15. Rozporiadzhennia Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy «Pro skhvalennia Stratehii rozvytku eksportu produktsii silskoho hospodarstva, kharchovoi ta pererobnoi promyslovosti Ukrainy na period do 2026 roku» № 588 [Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine «On approval of the Strategy for the development of exports of agricultural products, food and processing industries of Ukraine until 2026»]. (2019, July 12). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/588-2019-%D1%80 [in Ukrainian].
16. Simkova, T.O., & Kyrychenko, A.I. (2016). Tendentsii rozvytku system upravlinnia yakistiu pidpryiemstv Ukrainy za rakhunok vprovadzhennia svitovykh standartiv [Trends in the development of quality management systems of Ukrainian enterprises through the implementation of international standards]. Ekonomika ta suspilstvо – Economy and society, 7, 482-489 [in Ukrainian].
17. Solohub, O.P., Zilbert, Ye.M., & Drahunov, O.V. (2019). Adaptatsiia okremykh norm Uhody pro Asotsiatsiiu Ukraina – YeS ta pidvyshchennia obiznanosti MSB pro yikh vykonannia v chastyni efektyvnoho vprovadzhennia systemy zabezpechennia yakosti kharchovykh produktiv u Kharkivskii i Vinnytskii oblastiak. Analitychna zapyska [Adaptation of certain norms of the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement and raising awareness of SMEs about their implementation in terms of effective implementation of the food quality assurance system in Kharkiv and Vinnytsia regions. Analytical note]. Vinnytsia, Kharkiv [in Ukrainian].
18. Stavska, Yu.V. (2017). Systema bezpechnosti kharchovykh produktiv yak peredumova eksportooriientovanoho silskoho hospodarstva [Food safety system as a prerequisite for export-oriented agriculture]. Ekonomika, finansy, menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky – Economics, finance, management: topical issues of science and practical activity, 10 (26), 90-98 [in Ukrainian].
19. Trush, Yu.L., Hryhortsiv, M.V., & Zainchkovska, I.A. (2016). Systema upravlinnia bezpechnistiu kharchovykh produktiv [Food safety management system]. Formuvannia rynkovykh vidnosyn v Ukraini – Formation of market relations in Ukraine, 3, 74-77 [in Ukrainian].
20. Khaietska O.P. (2019). Napriamky udoskonalennia mekhanizmu upravlinnia yakistiu produktsii [Directions for improving the product quality management mechanism]. Mizhnarodna naukovo-praktychna konferentsiia «Ekonomika, oblik, finansy ta pravo v umovakh hlobalizatsii: tendentsii ta perspektyvy» – International. scientific-practical conference «Economics, accounting, finance and law in the context of globalization: trends and prospects». (pp. 25-27). Poltava [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "