INFLUENCE OF SOCIO-ECONOMIC FACTORS ON CONSUMER DEMAND FORMATION
BROYAKA Antonina – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department
of Economics, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (3, Soniachna Str., Vinnytsia, 21008; e-mail:
The article is devoted to the study of modern approaches to the formation of consumer demand. The
classification of the types of various factors influencing the consumer's behavior and deciding on the
purchase of a product or service has been made, on the basis of which the types of consumption are
distinguished. Given the advent of the era of consumerism, the attention is paid to the network effects, in
particular the Bandwagon effect and the Snob effect. Their influence on the consumer from the point of
view of economic theory is considered and the result of their influence on the consumer demand by means
of the graphical models is illustrated. The analysis of consumption peculiarities in Ukraine in modern
conditions, which are conditioned by the differentiation of the standard of living of the population, has
been carried out. The dynamics of changes in the volume and structure of income and expenditure by
Ukrainians has been investigated. The decline in purchasing power and increase in signs of deprivation
of domestic consumers is revealed, which is confirmed, among other factors, with decrease in food
consumption over the last five years by all types of products. Recommendations on measures aimed at
stimulating consumer demand growth are given.
- Bazherina K.V., Chernenko O.V., Afanasyeva K.O. (2018) Zmina spozhyvchoi povedinky ukraintsiv v umovakh kryzy [Changes in consumer behavior in times of crisis]. Efektyvna ekonomika - Effective economy. vol. 4. Retrieved from http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=6281 [in Ukrainian].
- Bondarchuk T.V. (2016). Model povedinky spozhyvacha: teoretyko-metodolohichni aspekty [Consumer behavior model: theoretical and methodological aspects]. Hlobalni ta natsionalni problemy ekonomiky - Global and national problems of the economics, Vol. 11, pp. 3 – 7 [in Ukrainian].
- Broyaka A.A. (2019). Povedinka spozhyvacha v suchasnii rynkovii ekonomitsi [Consumer behavior in the modern market economy]. Ekonomika, finansy, menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky ta praktyky -Economics, finance, management: topical issues of science and practical activity. № 4, р 32- 40. DOI: 10.37128/2411-4413-2019-4-4 [in Ukrainian].
- Hurzhyi T.O. (2018). Nerivnist yak faktor rostu bidnosti ta vymyrannia serednoho klasu.
- [Inequality as a factor in the growth of poverty and the extinction of the middle class]. Prychornomorski ekonomichni studii - Black Sea Economic Studies. Vol. 30-2, pp. 52-56. [in Ukrainian].
- Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrayiny [Official site of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
- Yevtushevska O.V. (2014). Osnovni vydy spozhyvannia ta yoho vplyv na pryrodno- resursnyi potentsial [Main types of consumption and its impact on an ecological potential]. Efektyvna ekonomika -Effective economy. vol. 11. Retrieved from http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=3496 [in Ukrainian].
- Yevtushevska O.V. (2016). Osoblyvosti povedinky spozhyvachiv na rynku v suchasnykh umovakh [Peculiarities of consumers’ behavior on market under modern conditions]. Investytsii: praktyka ta dosvid - Investments: practice and experience, # 20, pp. 22 – 24 [in Ukrainian].
- Zhovkovska T. (2017). Formuvannia modeli povedinky spozhyvacha [Forming the model of consumer behavior]. Ekonomichnyi dyskurs – The Economic Discourse, Issue 2, pp. 9 – 18 [in Ukrainian].
- Zvit pro rezultaty analizu vykonannia zakhodiv z realizatsii stratehii podolannia bidnosti [Report on the results of the analysis of the implementation of measures to implement the poverty reduction strategy] (2018). Kyiv: Rozrakhunkova palata – Court of Accounts, 94 p. Retrieved from http://www.ac-rada.gov.ua/doccatalog/document/16757712/Zvit_23-3_2018.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Kapravyi V.V., Bondarchuk A.B. (2015). Vykorystannia efektu Torsteina Veblena z metoiu zbilshennia obsiahiv realizatsii tovariv demonstratsiinoho spozhyvannia v umovakh spozhyvchoi kryzy [Using the Thorstein Veblen Effect to Increase Sales of Demonstration Consumption Products in a Consumer Crisis]. Formuvannia rynkovykh vidnosyn v Ukraini - Market Relations Development in Ukraine. №4 (167), pp. 123-127. [in Ukrainian].
- Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy vid 27 hrudnia 2018 roku № 1176 pro zminy do Postanovy Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy vid 6 serpnia 2014 roku № 409 «Pro vstanovlennia derzhavnykh sotsialnykh standartiv u sferi zhytlovo-komunalnoho obsluhovuvannia» [Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of December 27, 2018 No. 1176 amending the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine Decree of August 6, 2014 # 409 “On Establishing State Social Standards in the Housing and Communal Services”] (2018). Legislation of Ukraine. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/409-2014-%D0%BF [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "