INSTITUTIONAL INCENTIVES FOR INCREASING PUBLIC SECTOR EFFICIENCY IN DECENTRALIZATION
KOLESNIK Tatyana – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Administrative Management and Alternative Energy Sources, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3 Soniachna St., e-mail: email@example.com).
In the given paper, the features of the influence of institutional incentives and power tools on the efficiency of decentralization in ensuring prosperity and in the context of economic growth are explored.
The purpose of the given paper is to determine the instruments of government and to characterize the methods of using them to promote decentralization, as well as the mechanisms for financing local governments, the decentralization of information and to define their role in the application of market incentives for decentralization.
To study the peculiarities of power tools and institutional incentives for decentralization, to determine the conditions for effective work of local government financing mechanisms, the benefits of information decentralization and types of market incentives, a methodology of desk research was used with analysis of the results of theoretical and applied research published in foreign literature. Secondary information has been gathered in the context of the experience of implementing reforms on decentralization of state power, the peculiarities of the institutional environment and the establishment of stimulating factors for increasing the efficiency of state power.
Institutional incentives to increase the effectiveness of decentralization have a complex hierarchical structure, and their impact depends on many factors of local culture and management traditions. Decentralization of information and different market incentives may also have different effectiveness in their application. In any case, many changes are needed in the political system.
In future studies, it is planned to focus on the peculiarities of decentralization in certain regions of Ukraine and to assess the state of implementation of the proposed mechanisms for funding local governments in specific circumstances.
1. Padalka, O. S. (2015). Detsentralizatsiia – nova paradyhma sotsialno-ekonomichnoho rozvytku rehioniv [Decentralization is a new paradigm for the socio-economic development of regions]. Ekonomika Ukrainy. № 10. Р. 45-53 [in Ukrainian].
2. Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. (2015). Zakon Ukrayiny` Pro dobrovil`ne ob'yednannya tery`torial`ny`x gromad: pry`jnyaty`j 5 lyut. 2015 roku 157-VIII [The Law of Ukraine On Voluntary Association of Territorial Communities from 5 feburary 2015, № 157-VIII]. Bulletin of the Verkhovna Rada, 13, 91 [in Ukrainian].
3. Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. (2016). Zakon Ukrayiny` Pro misceve samovryaduvannya v Ukrayini: pry`jnyaty`j 21 travnya 1997 roku № 280 / 97-VR [The Law of Ukraine On Local Self-Government in Ukraine from 21 May 1997, No. 280/97-ВР]. Retrieved from: http://zakon.rada.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
4. Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. (2016). Rozporyadzhennya Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrayiny` Deyaki py`tannya realizaciyi Koncepciyi reformuvannya miscevogo samovryaduvannya ta tery`torial`noyi organizaciyi vlady` v Ukrayini: zatverdzheny`j 22 ver. 2016 roku № 688-r [Ordinance of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine Some issues of implementation of the Concept of reforming local self-government and territorial organization of power in Ukraine from 22 September 2016, № 688-r]. Retrieved from: http://www.kmu.gov.ua/control/ru/cardnpd docid [in Ukrainian].
5. Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. (2017). Rozporyadzhennya Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrayiny` Pro zatverdzhennya seredn`ostrokovogo planu priory`tetny`x zaxodiv Uryadu do 2020 roku ta planu priory`tetny`x zaxodiv na 2017 rik: zatverdzheny`j 3 kvit. 2017 roku № 275-r [Ordinance of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine On approval of the mid-term plan of priority actions of the Government until 2020 and the plan of priority actions for 2017 from 3 April 2017, № 275-r]. Retrieved from: http:// www.kmu.gov.ua/control/uk/cardnpd docid [in Ukrainian].
6. Konsty`tuciya Ukrayiny` : za stanom na 21 lyut. 2019 r [Constitution of Ukraine from 21 February 21 2019]. The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (BBR). - Officer. view. - K.: Parlam. kind of. - 141 p. Retrieved from: http://zakon.rada.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
7. Kaletnik, G. M., Pryshliak, N. V. (2016). Efektyvnist derzhavnoi pidtrymky yak osnova staloho rozvytku silskoho hospodarstva [Efficiency of state support as the basis of sustainable agricultural]. Vseukrainskyi naukovo-vyrobnychyi zhurnal «Ekonomika. Finansy. Menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky» - «Economy. Finances. Management: actual issues of science and practical activity», 5(9), 7-23 [in Ukrainian].
8. Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. (2014). Rozporyadzhennya Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrayiny` Pro Koncepciyu reformy` miscevogo samovryaduvannya ta tery`torial`noyi organizaciyi vlady` v Ukrayini: zatverdzhene 1 kvit. 2014 roku № 333-r [Ordinance of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine On the Concept of Local Government Reform and Territorial Organization of Government in Ukraine from 1 Apr 2014, №. 333-r]. Retrieved from: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
9. Kaletnik, H.M., Pidvalna, O.H., Kolesnyk, T.V. (2018). Diialnist universytetiv ta innovatsiinykh struktur za yikh uchastiu yak chynnyk staloho mistsevoho ta rehionalnoho rozvytku v umovakh provedennia reformy detsentralizatsii [Activities of universities and innovation structures with their participation as a factor in sustainable local and regional development in the context of decentralization reform].Vseukrainskyi Naukovo-praktychnyi zhurnal «Ekonomika. Finansy. Menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky», № 6. P. 7-27. [in Ukrainian].
10. Romaniuk, S. A. (2018). Detsentralizatsiia: teoriia ta praktyka zastosuvannia: monohrafiia [Decentralization: application theory and practice]. Kyiv. 216 p. [in Ukrainian].
11. Bardhan, P., Mookherjee D. (2000). Capture and Governance at Local and National Levels. American Economic Review. 90:2, Р. 135-139 [in English].
12. Besley, T., Case, A. (1995). Incumbent Behavior: Vote-Seeking, Tax-Setting and Yardstick Competition. American Economic Review. 85:1, Р. 25–45 [in English].
13. Besley, T., Coate, S. (1997). An economic model of representative democracy. Quarterly Journal of Economics 112 (1), Р. 85-114 [in English].
14. Crook, R., Manor, J. (1998). Democracy and Decentralization in South Asia and West Africa. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. Р. 271–304 [in English].
15. Mitra, S. K., Singh, V. B. (1999). Democracy and Social Change in India: A Cross Sectional Analysis of the National Electorate . New Delhi: Sage Publications [in English].
16. Oats, W. E. (1972). Fiscal Federalism. New York: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich. [in English].
17. Qian, Y. B., Weingast, R. (1997). Federalism as a Commitment to Preserving Market Incentives. Journal of Economic Perspectives. Fall, 11:4, Р. 83–92 [in English].
18. Rodden, J., Rose-Ackerman, S. (1997). Does Federalism Preserve Markets Virginia Law Review. 83:7, Р. 1521–1572 [in English].
19. Seabright, P. (1996). Accountability and Decentralization in Government: An Incomplete Contracts Model. European Economic Review. 40:1, Р. 61–89.
20. Tommasi, M., Weinschelbaum, F. (1999). A Principal-Agent Building Block for the Study of Decentralization and Integration. Mimeo, Universidad de San Andre´s, Departamento de Economia [in English].
21. Wildasin, D. E. (1997). Externalities and Bailouts: Hard and Soft Budget Constraintsin Inter-Governmental Fiscal Relations. World Bank Policy Research Paper № 1843. [in English].
22. Boryslavska, O., Zaverukha, I., Zakharchenko, E. ta in. (2012). Detsentralizatsiia derzhavnoi vlady: dosvid yevropeiskykh krain ta perspektyvy Ukrainy [Decentralization of state power: experience of European countries and prospects of Ukraine]. Shveitsarsko-ukrainskyi proekt "Pidtrymka detsentralizatsii v Ukraini" DESPRO [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "