INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF FAMILY-TYPE HOUSEHOLDS IN RURAL AREAS
MAZUR Аnatoliy – Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor, Professor of the Department of Agrarian Management, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3 Soniachna Str.).
The article considers urgent issues of regulation of the agricultural production development based on the use of provisions of the theory of institutionalism in the administrative process. The author defines on a systematic basis the essence, content and position of the theory of institutionalism in the formation of agrarian relations in the rural area, emphasizes the dominant human role in the formation of extended economic reproduction as a factor of the growth of production and formation of human potential in rural areas.
The practical content of institutionalism is based on the development of rules and codes of conduct in a market environment for family commodity producers, which can be conducive to extended economic reproduction. The object of the study is the process of functioning of small agribusiness in rural areas.
The subject of the study is a set of managerial, economic and legal aspects that comprise institutional content of the development of small businesses in rural areas.
Methodological basis of this publication is the fundamental provisions of modern economic theory, scientific works of foreign and domestic scientists on the specified problems, which reveal the essence of the above-defined economic theory and its influence on the nature of modern economic relations in the rural areas.
The objectives set in the article have been solved from the standpoint of a systematic approach and the use of the following methods: monograph – to study and summarize the scientific and methodological foundations of the theory of institutionalism; abstract-logical – develop and specify the categorical apparatus of research and formulation of conclusions; graphic – to establish the structural elements of the category “institutes” and “institutions”; peer review – to determine the motivation for choosing a form of business.
Scientific works on the specified problems by well-known foreign scientists W. Hamilton, T. Veblen, R. Cruz, D. Nart, M. Olsen and domestic scientists V. Heets, H. Kaletnik , M. Malin, A. Mazur, O. Shpykuliak, etc. who study this problem are used in this research.
On the basis of scientific research, the author has formed a scientific paradigm as a synthesis of hypotheses and theories that investigates structural changes in unstable economic systems. He refers the environment to the main elements of institutional theory, e.g. norms and rules of living in the rural area; property rights; economic entities of business activity; contractual terms and market transformations in the land system; production efficiency; quality of management: the degree of trust in society; transaction costs, etc.
The study emphasizes that the essence of institutional theory is based on the content of the conceptual apparatus, which makes it possible to reveal the mechanisms of functioning and interaction of institutions in the agrarian economy. The author argues that “institutions” are rules of the game in society, or thought-out restrictions that direct human activity in a particular direction. They influence the socio-economic processes as traditions, social individual norms of the organizational structure of the enterprise, etc. In other words, they structure human and organizational interaction coordinating exchanges within the achievement of agricultural production efficiency.
Practical activity on the formation of institutional environment in the rural area is based on maximizing the possibility of developing a family type of business. In particular, the main priorities of the state agricultural policy should be creation of conditions for realization and protection of rural people’s rights to land and formation of market relations in the rural area.
In our opinion, a priority direction of the institutional support of business entities in rural areas is the development and implementation of state and regional programs of integrated development of rural areas, improvement of state support of the enterprise development.
The study of the foundations of institutionalism as an economic theory and practice of economic activity lets us conclude that it is advisable to introduce this concept as a form of economic relations in the system of small-scale agricultural production.
- Borodina O., Prokopa I. (2009). Silskyi rozvytok v Ukraini: problemy stanovlennia [Rural Development in Ukraine: Problems of Formation]. Ekonomika Ukrainy – Economy of Ukraine, 5, 62-68 [in Ukrainian].
- Gamylton U.Kh. (2007). Institutsionalnyj podkhod k ekonomicheskoi teorii. [Institutional Approach to Economic Theory]. Ekonomicheskiy vestnik Rostovskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta – Economic bulletin of the Rostov State University, vol. 5, No. 2. P. 110-117 [in Russian].
- Heiets V.M. (2010). Novyi kurs reform v Ukraini. Natsionalna dopovid [New course of reforms in Ukraine. National report]. Kyiv, NVTs NBUV, 145-146 [in Ukrainian].
- Hrytsenko A.A. (2006). Institutsionalnaia arkhitektonika: predmet, osnovnyie zakony, metodolohiya [Institutional Architecture: Subject, Basic Laws, Methodology]. Nauchnyie trudy DonNTU. Seryia: ekonomicheskaia – Scientific works of DonNTU. Series: economic, Issue 103-1, Pp. 31-37 [in Russian].
- Kaletnik H.M., Mazur A.H. (2015). Stan ta perspektyvy rozvytku liudskoho potentsialu Ukrainy ta yii rehioniv [Status and prospects of development of human potential of Ukraine and its regions]. Ekonomika. Finansy. Menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky – Economy. Finances. Management: topical issues of science and practice, No. 4, Pp. 7-22 [in Ukrainian].
- Kommons J. (2007). Institutsionalnyj podkhod k ekonomicheskoi teorii [Institutional Approach to Economic Theory]. Ekonomycheskiy vestnik Rostovskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta – Economic bulletin of the Rostov State University, vol. 5, No. 4. P. 59-70 [in Russian].
- Lopatynskyi Yu.M. (2006). Transformatsiia ahrarnoho sektora: instytutsiini zasady [Transformation of the agrarian sector: institutional foundations]. Chernivtsi: Ruta, Pp. 22-24 [in Ukrainian].
- Mazur A.H. (2007). Rehionalna paradyhma suspilnoho rozvytku: monohrafiia [Regional paradigm of social development: monograph]. Vinnytsia, «Knyha-Veha», 160 p. [in Ukrainian].
- Malik M.I. (2005). Struktura ta rozvytok ahrarnykh formuvan. Ahropromyslovyi kompleks Ukrainy: stan, tendentsii ta perspektyvy rozvytku [Structure and development of agrarian units. Agro-industrial complex of Ukraine: state, trends and prospects of development]. Kyiv, NTC UIA, 292 p. [in Ukrainian].
- Prokopa I.V., Berkuta T.V. (2011). Hospodarstva naselennia v suchasnomu ahrarnomu vyrobnytstvi [Households in modern agrarian production]. NAN Ukrainy. In-t ekon. i prohnoz. Kyiv, 240 p. [in Ukrainian].
- Sabluk P. (2001). Ahrarna ekonomika i polityka v Ukraini: pidsumky mynuloho i pohliad u maibutnie [Agrarian Economics and Politics in Ukraine: the Results of the Past and the View into the Future]. UAIe, 482 p. [in Ukrainian].
- Svynous I.V. (2010). Ekonomichni aspekty funktsionuvannia osobystykh selianskykh hospodarstv. Monohrafivia [Economic aspects of the functioning of private peasant farms. Monograph]. Kyiv, TOV «AhroMediaHrup», P. 275 [in Ukrainian].
- Tochylin V.O., Ostashko T.O., Pusovoit O.V. (2009). Rynky realnoho sektora ekonomiky Ukrainy: strukturno-instytutsionalnyi analiz [Markets of the real sector of the economy of Ukraine: structural and institutional analysis]. Kyiv, NAN Ukrainy, In-t ekon. i prohnoz, Pp. 307-327 [in Ukrainian].
- Tsymbal V. (2009). Udoskonalennia rynkovykh vidnosyn na seli [Improvement of market relations in the countryside]. Ekonomika APK – Economy of agroindustrial complex, 8, 114 [in Ukrainian].
- Shpykuliak O.H. (2009). Instytutsii ahrarnoho rynku: monohrafiia [Agrarian Market Institutions: Monograph]. Kyiv, NNTs UAIe, 480 [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "