LOBBYING IN THE SYSTEM OF SOCIO-ECONOMIC PRIORITIES OF UKRAINE
GOLOVNYA Olena – Doctor of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of International Management, Hotel and Restaurant Business and Tourism, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3 Soniachna st, 3, е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The article is devoted to the research of lobbying activities as an important component of the process of forming the state policy of socio-economic development. The author emphasizes that the Ukrainian economy has a high dependence on the external environment, as well as high sensitivity to global economic fluctuations. In turn, the openness of the country's economy is a significant factor in its involvement in modern value chains, global and regional integration. It is determined that securing a full-fledged public-private partnership in the modern world requires lobbying as a deliberate influence on the public by the authorities in order to make a number of economic decisions.
The study found that the structure of the phenomenon of "lobbying" includes three main components: object, subject, technology. Thus, lobbying in the modern world appears to be a complex process of purposeful influence on the government in order to obtain the desired solution. The purpose of lobbying structures activities is often a series of decisions, in which the adoption of laws concerning economic activity and investment, innovation, and customs policies is of great importance.
It is revealed that lobbying requires an extensive network of institutions and organizations - from trade unions and business owners to the media and civil society organizations. Significant influence on the advancement of national socio-economic priorities is exercised by consulting firms, mass media, non-state think tanks, various industry associations. Lobbying in developed countries is a tool for cooperation and communication that leads to progressive decisions that are beneficial to both business and society. This confirms the progressive experience of the USA and the EU.
The study draws attention to the fact that Ukraine mainly practices shadow lobbying, since the activities of domestic lobbyists are not regulated by any legislative acts. This is explained by the fact that our business and political leaders benefit from such interaction when large financial and industry groups sponsor, large decision-makers and expensive electoral campaigns.
1. Transparency Register. URL: https://ec.europa.eu/transparencyregister (data zvernennia: 11.02.2020)
2. Goncharuk I.V., Tomashuk I.V. (2018). Derzhavne rehulyuvannya rozvytku resursnoho potentsialu silʹsʹkykh terytoriy: zahalʹni aspekty [State regulation of rural resource development: general aspects]. Ekonomika. Finansy. Menedzhment: aktualʹni pytannya nauky i praktyky. Economy. Finances. Management: Topical issues of science and practice. № 4. S. 19-30. [in Ukrainian].
3. Zhylinska O. UKRAINA 2030: Doktryna zbalansovanoho rozvytku [The doctrine of balanced development]. Vydannia druhe. Lviv: Kalvariia, 2017. 164 s. [in Ukrainian].
4. Zavadskyi Y. S., Osovska H. V., Yushkevych O. O. (2007). Ekonomichnyi slovnyk [Economic Dictionary]. Kyiv : Kondor, 358 c. [in Ukrainian].
5. Kinash I. P. (2015). Teoretyko-metodolohichni oriientyry formuvannia mekhanizmu upravlinnia rozvytkom sotsialnoi sfery Ukrainy [Theoretical and methodological guidelines for the formation of a mechanism for managing the development of the social sphere of Ukraine]. Naukovyi visnyk Mukachivskoho derzhavnoho universytetu - Scientific Bulletin of Mukachevo State University . Ser. : Ekonomika. Vyp. 1. S. 14-17. [in Ukrainian].
6. Kirzhetskyi Yu. I., Rizhko L. I., Kirzhetska M. S. (2017). Funktsii haluzevoho lobiiuvannia yak element orhanizatsiino-ekonomichnoho mekhanizmu vzaiemodii biznesu ta vlady [Functions of sectoral lobbying as an element of organizational and economic mechanism of interaction between business and government]. Visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu "Lvivska politekhnika". Lohistyka - Bulletin of the National University "Lviv Polytechnic". Logistics. № 863. S. 82-87. [in Ukrainian].
7. Kutsenko V. I. (2018). Prohnozuvannia sotsialnoi bezpeky: teoretyko-metodolohichni aspekty [Predicting social security: theoretical and methodological aspects]. Ekonomika pryrodokorystuvannia i stalyi rozvytok - Environmental Economics and Sustainable Development. № 3-4. S. 71-75. [in Ukrainian].
8. Lobizm v SShA: yaki krainy vytrachaiut naibilshe koshtiv dlia prosuvannia svoikh interesiv [Lobbying in the USA: which countries spend the most money to promote their interests]. URL: https://mind.ua/news/20187753-lobizm (data zvernennia: 12.02.2020)
9. Nestorovych V. (2016). Ctandarty Orhanizatsii ekonomichnoho spivrobitnytstva ta rozvytku shchodo urehuliuvannia lobiiuvannia [Standards of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development for the regulation of lobbying]. Istoryko-pravovyi chasopys - Historical law journal. № 1. S. 75-79. [in Ukrainian].
10. Osypova N. O. (2013). Sotsialno-ekonomichna obumovlenist praktyk lobizmu [Socio-economic conditionality of lobbying practices]. Hrani - The faces. № 9. S. 133-139. [in Ukrainian].
11. Siri kardynaly biznesu [Gray business cardinals]. URL: https://business.ua/business/4951-siri-kardynaly-biznes (data zvernennia: 11.02.2020)
12. Sumska V. V. (2011). Lobiiuvannia yak instrument publichnoho vriaduvannia: zarubizhnyi dosvid [Lobbying as a tool of public governance: foreign experience]. Teoriia ta praktyka derzhavnoho upravlinnia - Public administration theory and practice. Vyp. 4. S. 491-497.
13. Trofymenko A. V. (2014). Peredumovy ta etapy ukhvalennia zakonu pro lobiiuvannia v Kanadi [Prerequisites and stages for the adoption of Canada Lobbying Law]. Hrani – The faces. № 7. S. 113-118. [in Ukrainian].
14. Khalkovskyi O. M. (2012). Lobiiuvannia ekonomichnykh interesiv pidpryiemnytskoi diialnosti yak forma proiavu koruptsii [Lobbying the economic interests of business as a form of corruption]. Naukovyi chasopys NPU imeni M. P. Drahomanova. Seriia 18 : Ekonomika i pravo - Scientific journal of MP Dragomanov NPU. Series 18: Economics and Law. Vyp. 19. S. 73-79. [in Ukrainian].
15. Iurchyshyn V. (2019). Sotsialno-ekonomichnyi vymir Ukrainy v period zminy politychnykh elit [Socio-economic dimension of Ukraine in the period of change of political elites]. Kyiv: Razumkov tsentr, 46 c. [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "