MATHCAD MATHEMATIC MODELING AS A MEANS OF FORMING THE PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCE OF FUTURE ECONOMISTS
LEVCHUK Olena – Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Mathematics, Physics and Computer Technologies, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. (21008, Vinniysia, 3 Soniachna Str., e-mail: email@example.com).
In the context of globalization processes, the professional activity of future economists is characterized by dynamism, complexity and uncertainty of conditions. Informatization and fundamentalization of knowledge provide relevance to such components of professional competence of the future economist as the ability to think analytically, solve predictive tasks using software products, implement economic and mathematical modeling using modern information systems, apply computer data processing technologies to solve economic problems.
This provides the importance of mathematical training, as one of the fundamental, which primarily forms the skills of abstract thinking, analysis and synthesis.
Thus, a new function of an educational institution arises in the process of providing educational services - the formation of a competence model of professional education of specialists.
The article substantiates the expediency of introducing mathematical modeling based on Mathcad in the process of forming professional competence of future economists.
The essence of the concepts of "professional competence" and "mathematical competence" of future economists are considered. It is argued that mathematical training is an important component of professional competence.
Today, it is the results of mathematical modeling of real processes that generate the most progressive directions of development in science and technology. Therefore, the concept of an economic-mathematical model plays a fundamental role in the training of economists.
The formation of professional competence of future economists, anticipating the integration of professional and personal development, should be carried out using mathematical modeling, starting with junior courses.
However, despite the fact that the mathematical model of the process or phenomenon being studied in economics is always its generalized abstract reflection, the mathematical apparatus used is usually quite cumbersome. This is a significant obstacle in strengthening the applied orientation of mathematics in the first years.
In our opinion, one of the effective ways to eliminate certain contradictions is the introduction of information technologies
The purpose of this publication is to substantiate the feasibility of introducing mathematical modeling based on Mathcad in the process of forming professional competence of future economists, to determine the main didactic requirements and explore the impact of technology on the main components of mathematical training: motivational-value, cognitive, operational-activity, communicative.
On the basis of what was studied, we concluded that for a specific specialty it is worth highlighting professionally significant topics, questions, concepts of classical sections of mathematics, which have their application in professionally-oriented disciplines.
The introduction from the first course of professional-oriented tasks related to the specialty, even at the level of the simplest models, allows you to implement the principle of continuity in learning. Since the new content of mathematical disciplines becomes a reliable base for the study of professionally-oriented, within which more complex models are studied, with the help of which the key problems of the future profession are solved
In the process of mathematical training of specialists, we used the universal integrated system Mathcad, which allows you to simply and visually enter the original data, carry out the traditional mathematical description of solutions and get the results of calculations using graphical interpretation. This made it possible to consider the simplest mathematical models and, using a complex mathematical apparatus, to develop universal models and algorithms.
The main mathematical models of economic systems that are appropriate to consider in mathematical courses are highlighted. Examples of mathematical modeling based on Mathcad are given.
The advantages of introducing mathematical modeling into the process of professional training are demonstrated.
On the basis of the study, conclusions were drawn that mathematical modeling based on Mathcad allows to improve the main components of the process of mathematical preparation:
- motivational and value (the formation of a sustained interest in the mastery of mathematical knowledge and information technology with a view to their application in professional and research activities);
- cognitive (obtaining fundamental knowledge from the classical sections of mathematics and the ability to apply them in the process of mathematical modeling)
- operational-activity (self-realization in professional activity by means of mathematical modeling based on the integration of knowledge across professional-oriented and mathematical disciplines using information technologies);
- communicative (possession of ways of presenting the results of its activity-communicative (possession of ways of presenting the results of its activities).
The study showed that the introduction of mathematical modeling should provide the following didactic requirements:
- a fairly correct idea of the teacher about the holistic picture of the future educational and professional activities of the student;
- definition of goals and purpose of the introduced new content in the content of mathematical disciplines;
- Compliance of the learning task with the ideas of the personal approach (updating the personal functions of specialists, consistency with the problems of practical training in production);
- approbation of the skills and skills produced in practice.
This allows you to organize student-centric education.
- Kataloh osvitnikh prohram pidhotovky bakalavriv 2018-2019 n.r. Natsionalnoho universytetu bioresursiv i pryrodokorystuvannia Ukrainy. Том 3 [Catalog of educational programs for the preparation of bachelors 2018-2019. National University of Bioresources and Natural Resources of Ukraine. Volume 3] (n.d.). nubip.edu.ua. Retrieved from: https://nubip.edu.ua/node/46601 [in Ukrainian].
- Baranova,V.Yu., Kovaleva, G.S., Koshelenko, N.G., & Krasnovskiy, E.A. i dr. (2006). Osnovnyierezultaty mezhdunarodnogo issledovaniya obrazovatelnykh dostizheniy uchaschihsya PISA-2006 [The main results of the international study of educational achievements of students PISA-2006]. Moskow, Tsentr otsenki kachestva obrazovaniya ISMO RAO, 99 [in Russian].
- Novozhylova, O.H. (2011). Pro rozvytok motyvatsii do vyvchennia matematychnykh kursiv u studentiv-ekonomistiv [On the development of motivation to study mathematical courses at student economists.]. Dydaktyka matematyky: probl. i doslidzh – Didactics of Math: Probl. and research, Vol. 36, pp. 43 - 47 [in Ukrainian].
- Rakov, S.A. (2005). Matematychna osvita: kompetentnisnyi pidkhid z vykorystanniam IKT [Mathematical Education: A Competency Approach Using ICT]. Kharkiv, Fakt, 360 [in Ukrainian].
- Rumiantseva, K.Ye. (2009). Pidhotovka maibutnikh ekonomistiv do rozviazuvannia tvorchykh fakhovykh zavdan zasobamy modeliuvannia [Training of future economists for solving creative tasks by means of modeling]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Vinnytsia, 20 [in Ukrainian].
- Semenikhina, O., & Shyshenko, I. (2013). Naslidky poshyrennia IT i zmishchennia aktsentiv navchannia matematyky u vyshchii shkoli. Vyshcha osvita Ukrainy [Consequences of the spread of IT and shifting the emphasis of teaching mathematics to higher education]. Vyshcha osvita Ukrayini – Higher education in Ukraine, 4, 71-78 [in Ukrainian].
- Kasatkin, D. O. (2011). Pidhotovka maibutnikh ekonomistiv do zastosuvannia informatsiino-komunikatsiinykh tekhnolohii u profesiinii diialnosti [Training of future economists for application of information and communication technologies in professional activity]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Yalta, 20 [in Ukrainian].
- Semenova, Z.A. (2005). Formirovaniye stratehii razvitiya ekologicheskogo turizma v Rossyiskoi Federatsyy [Formation of a strategy for the development of ecological tourism in the Russian Federation]. Candidate’s thesis. St. Peterburg, 165 [in Russian].
- Plys, A.Y. & Slyvyna N.A. (2003). Mathsad. Matematycheskyi praktykum dlia inzhenerov i ekonomistov: ucheb. posobiye. [Mathsad. Mathematical Workshop for Engineers and Economists]. Moskow, Finansyi i statistika, 656 [in Russian].
- Levchuk, O.V., & Novytska, L.I. (2017). Vyshcha ta prykladna matematyka, metodychni vkazivky dlia provedennia praktychnykh zaniat ta orhanizatsii samostiinoi pidhotovky zdobuvachiv vyshchoi osvity pershoho (bakalavrskoho) osvitnoho rivnia haluzi znan – 24 «Sfera obsluhovuvannia» [Higher and Applied Mathematics, methodical instructions for conducting practical classes and organization of independent training of applicants of higher education of the first (Bachelor) educational level of the field of knowledge – 24 "Sphere of service"], part 2, Vinnytsia, VNAU, 87 [in Ukrainian].
- Bas, S.V. & Slovak, K. I. (2014). Zbirnyk kompetentnisnykh matematychnykh zadach dlia studentiv ekonomichnykh spetsialnostei [Collection of competency mathematical problems for students of economic specialties]. Special Edition, Vol. III, Issue 1 (32). Kryvyi Rih, 102 [in Ukrainian].
- Elektronna systema upravlinnya «Sokrat» [Electronic control system "Socrates"] (n.d.). socrates.vsau.org. Retrieved from: http://socrates.vsau.org/departs/ index.php?id=187&t_id=456&mode=cards&t_name [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "