METHODS OF MANAGING RAILWAY TRANSPORT IN UKRAINE DURING THE RECOVERY PERIOD (1943-1950s)
MAZYLO Ihor – Candidate of Historical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Ukrainian History and Philosophy, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3, Soniachna Str.)
The article considers and analyzes the most widely used methods of managing the railway transport of Ukraine during World War II. During 1941-1945 the railway transport was the main link between the frontlines and the rear. Its operations depended on the pace of road reconstruction and the national economy in the liberated regions of Ukraine, as well as the established management practices. The scope of work was gigantic and pace hectic. Therefore, it is crucial to study management decisions in such a complex industry as the republican railway transport. Management practices were heavily impacted by the war. The article also examines how the administrative bodies applied command-and-control management methods in railway transport. It also explores how the directive methods were combined with economic levers and planning. It analyzed the application of economic impact measures to the industry by both governmental bodies as well as industry-specific managerial agencies. The specifics of the managing the railway industry of that time are considered. The conclusion is that this situation was caused by financially limited resources and time-tested management practices in the USSR.
1. Vetrov I.H., Lysenko O.Ie., Sheleiko T.V. Donbas 1943-1950 rokiv: vidnovlennia promyslovoi i transportnoi infrastruktury / I.H.Vetrov. – Kyiv: Instytut istorii Ukrainy, 2016. – 324 p.
2. Diakov Yu.L. Razvytye transportno-dorozhnoi sety SSSR v 1941-1945 hh. / Yu.L.Diakov. – Moskva: Ynstytut rossyiskoi ystoryy RAN, 1997. – 416 p.
3. Kumanev H.A. Voina y zheleznodorozhnыi transport SSSR 1941-1945 /A.H.Kumanev. – Moskva: Nauka, 1988. – 367 p.
4. Kovalev Y.V. Transport v Velykoi Otechestvennoi voine (1941-1945 hh.) / Y.V. Kovalev. – Moskva: Nauka, 1981. – 479 p.
5. Danyliuk M., Panchuk M. Na sluzhbi frontu i tylu / M.Danyliuk, M. Panchuk . – Kyiv: Naukova dumka, 1974. – 112 p.
6. Ukraina v druhii svitovii viini pohliad z KhKh1 st. Knyha druha / Redaktor V.A.Smolii. – Kyiv: Naukova dumka, 2011. – 941 p.
7. Stolychnaia mahystral Ukrainy / Pod redaktsyei P.F.Kryvonosa. – Kyev: Kyevskaia typohrafyia, 1970. – 260 p.
8. Mazylo I.V. Metody kerivnytstva zaliznychnym transportom Ukrainy 1944-1950-kh rr. / I.V.Mazylo // Vinnychchyna: mynule ta sohodennia. Kraieznavchi doslidzhennia . – Vinnytsia: TOV Konsol, 2013. – 581 p.
9. Mazylo I.V. Podvyh zaliznychnykiv Podillia v roky Velykoi Vitchyznianoi viny / I.V.Mazylo // Materialy KhI podilski istoryko-kraieznavchoi konferentsii. – Kamianets-Podilskyi: Vyd-vo Oiium, 2004. – 597 p.
10. Dobrov P.V., Esyp Y.M. Trudovaia deiatelnost zhenshchyn Donbassa v hodы Velykoi Otechestvennoi voinы ( 1941-1945) / P.V.Dobrov, Y.M. Esyn. – Donetsk: Druk-info, 2000. – 239 p.
11. Stalnыe puty Donbassa / Redaktor M.Y. Husev. – Donetsk: Donbass, 1990. – 236 p.
12. Tsentralnyi derzhavnyi arkhiv vyshchykh orhaniv vlady ta upravlinnia Ukrainy ( TsDAVO Ukrainy), f. R-2, op.7, spr.7390. – 260 ark.
13. Derzharkhiv Vinnytskoi oblasti, f.136, op.23, spr.81. – 72 ark.
14. Yuho-Zapadnaia zheleznaia doroha. Vchera, sehodnia, zavtra / Redaktor B.S.Oleinyk . – Kyev: Transport Ukrainy, 1999. – 242 s.
15. Kolotov V.V. Voznesenskiy N.A. / V.V. Kolotov. – Moskva: Politizdat, 1976. – 335 s.
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "