PRACTICE-ORIENTED APPROACH TO PROJECT MANAGEMENT OF ENTERPRISE CREATIVE POTENTIAL
KOMELINA Olha – Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor of the Department of Management and Logistics, National University «Yuri Kondratyuk Poltava Polytechnic» (36000, Pershotravnevyi Ave, 24, Poltava, e-mail: email@example.com).
KORSUNSKA Maryna – PhD student of the Department of Management and Logistics, National University «Yuri Kondratyuk Poltava Polytechnic» (36000, 24, Pershotravnevyi Ave, Poltava, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The article is dedicated to the current issues of accelerating the innovative development of organizations based on the utilization of practice-oriented project management technologies in fostering the development of the creative potential across various business sectors and the widespread integration of digital technologies. The research explores existing scientific approaches and practical experiences within project management. Their advantages and limitations for implementing creative projects and managing them are identified. It is clarified that the increasing complexity of an organization's operational environment is accompanied by the emergence of new demands and challenges that necessitate the adoption of new project management technologies. It is substantiated that the main tasks of the new practice-oriented methodology of project management for organizational creative potential development and the implementation of creative projects should align with the principles of sustainable development rooted in a system of societal values. Crucially, business activities are required to adhere to universally recognized obligations in human rights, labor, environmental conservation, and anti-corruption efforts.
The article identifies that the latest technological advancements are paralleled by the digitization of economic and managerial spheres. In these processes, digitalization of project management takes the lead, embracing open innovations and mechanisms for their promotion, the amalgamation of strategic management and project management technologies, and leadership under extremely volatile conditions. It is argued that a significant aspect of project management in the creative and innovative realms for enterprises involves knowledge management and the enhancement of managerial personnel's competencies. The mechanism of realizing of each project, especially those of the creative nature, is quite specific and requires essential professional competencies from all the participants at each stage. A systematic approach is proposed for determining key competencies of managerial personnel and their cultivation at various levels: individual, intra-organizational, organizational, inter-organizational, regional, and national. It is argued that strategic management of an enterprise’s creative potential within the context of a digital economy demands a new approach and adaptation to contemporary challenges and opportunities.
1. Cruz, A., & Alves, A. (2020). Traditional, Agile and Lean Project Management – A Systematic Literature Review. The Journal of Modern Project Management, 8, 2, 87-95. DOI: https://doi.org/10.19255/JMPM02407 [in English].
2. Danese, P., Manfè, V., & Romano, P. (2018). A Systematic Literature Review on Recent Lean Research: State-of-the-art and Future Directions. International Journal of Management Reviews, 20, 2, 579-605. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/ijmr.12156 [in English].
3. Conforto, E., Salum, F., Amaral, D., da Silva, S., & de Almeida, L. (2014). Can Agile Project Management be Adopted by Industries Other than Software Development? Project Management Journal, 45, 3, 21-34. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/pmj.21410 [in English].
4. Winston, G. (2014). Applying Agile Project Management to Predevelopment Stages of Innovation. International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management, 11, 04. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1142/S0219877014500205 [in English].
5. Marisa, S. (2015). A Systematic Review of Foresight in Project Management Literature. Procedia Computer Science, 64, 792-799. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2015.08.630 [in English].
6. IPMA Individual Competence Baseline (ICB) Version 4.0 for Project, Programme & Portfolio Management. 2015. pman.org.np. Retrieved from: https://pman.org.np/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/IPMA_ICB-1-PROJECTm_2019__WEB_shop-1.pdf [in English].
7. Bushuiev, S., Bushuieva, N., Babaev, I. et. al. (2010). Kreatyvni tekhnolohii upravlinnia proiektamy i prohramamy [Creative project and program management technologies]. Kyiv: «Sammyt-Knyha» [in Ukrainian].
8. Hudz, O., Hlushenkova, A. (2016). Menedzhment idei ta upravlinnia proiektamy [Management of ideas and project management]. dut.edu.ua. Retrieved from: https://dut.edu.ua/uploads/p_1010_33355877.pdf [in Ukrainian].
9. Vartanova, O.V. (2015). Kompetentsiia yak obiekt stratehichnoho upravlinnia znanniamy pidpryiemstva [Competence as an object of strategic knowledge management of the enterprise]. Sotsialno-trudovi vidnosyny: teoriia ta praktyka – Social and labor relations: theory and practice, 1, 36-45 [in Ukrainian].
10. Honcharuk, I.V., & Tomashuk, I.V. (2022). Formuvannia stratehii ekonomichnoho rozvytku silskohospodarskoho pidpryiemstva dlia pidvyshchennia yoho konkurentospromozhnosti [Formation of the strategy of economic development of an agricultural enterprise to increase its competitiveness]. Ekonomika, finansy, menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky – Economy, finance, management: topical issues of science and practical activity, 4 (62), 7-24. DOI: 10.37128/2411-4413-2022-4-1 [in Ukrainian].
11. Pavlenchyk, N. (2019). Ekonomichnyi rozvytok ahrarnykh pidpryiemstv na zasadakh dyversyfikatsii yikh diialnosti [Economic development of agricultural enterprises on the basis of diversification of their activities]. Mizhnarodnyi naukovo-vyrobnychyi Zhurnal «Ekonomika APK» – International Scientific and Production Journal «Economy of AIC», 2, 57-66. DOI: 10.32317/2221-1055.201902057 [in Ukrainian].
12 Onyshchenko, V., Redkin, O, Komelina, O., & Tolkachov, D. (2017). Zahalna kharakterystyka proiektnoho ta multyproiektnoho menedzhmentu [General characteristics of project and multi-project management]. Upravlinnia proiektamy. Teoriia i praktyka profesiinoho upravlinnia biznes-proiektamy ta prohramamy rozvytku [u 3 ch.] – Project management. Theory and practice of professional management of business projects and development programs [at 3 p.m.]. Poltava: PoltNTU [in Ukrainian].
13. Mizhnarodnyi standart ISO 21500:2021 «Upravlinnia proiektamy, prohramamy ta portfolio» mistyt vazhlyvi rekomendatsii dlia orhanizatsii ta vyznachaie orhanizatsiinyi kontekst i bazovi kontseptsii dlia zdiisnennia proiektiv, prohram i upravlinnia portfelem [The international standard ISO 21500:2021 «Management of projects, programs and portfolios» contains important recommendations for organizations and defines the organizational context and basic concepts for the implementation of projects, programs and portfolio management]. pmdoc.ua. Retrieved from: https://pmdoc.ua/iso/iso21500/ [in English].
14. Patrício, V., Lopes da Costa, R., Pereira, L., & António, N. (2021). Project Management in the Development of Dynamic Capabilities for an Open Innovation Era. Journal of Open Innovation: Technology, Market, and Complexity, 7, 3. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/joitmc7030164 [in English].
15. Gubinelli, S., Cesarotti, V., & Introna, V. (2019). The evolution of Project Management (PM): How Agile, Lean and Six Sigma are changing PM. Journal of Modern Project Management, 7, 3. DOI: https://doi.org/10.19255/jmpm464. Retrieved from: https://journalmodernpm.com/manuscript/index.php/jmpm/article/ view/JMPM02108 [in English].
16. Fowler, M. Manifesto for Agile Software Development. martinfowler.com. Retrieved from: https://www.martinfowler.com/articles/newMethodology.html [in English].
17. Haji-Yakhchali, S., Shojaie, S., & Rahimi, Ya. (2016). Project Excellence Baseline. International Project Management Association. Retrieved from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/308650894_Project_Excellence_Baseline [in English].
18. Reiff, J., & Schlegel, D. (2022). Hybrid project management – a systematic literature review. International Journal of Information Systems and Project Management, 10, 2, 45-63. DOI: https://doi.org/10.12821/ijispm100203 [in English].
19. Krupa, M., Šimůnek, D., & Hajek, J. (2023). Hybrid Project Management: A Literature Review. Hradec Economic Days, 13, 344-355. DOI: 10.36689/uhk/hed/2023-01-034 [in English].
20. Papadakis, E., & Tsironis, L. (2018). Hybrid methods and practices associated with agile methods, method tailoring and delivery of projects in a non-software context. Procedia Computer Science, 138, 739-746. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2018.10.097 [in English].
21 Bennett, N., & Lemoine, G. (2014). What a Difference a Word Makes: Understanding Threats to Performance in a VUCA World. Business Horizons, 57, 3, 311-317. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bushor.2014.01.001 [in English].
22 Green Project Management (GPM) Global. greenprojectmanagement.org. Retrieved from: https://www.greenprojectmanagement.org/about/what-is-sustainable-project-management [in English].
23 Katsarelis, T., & Adamopoulou, I. (2014). Evolving Project Management: The PRiSM™ Framework – Projects Integrating Sustainable Methods. 5th ENEPROT Conference. Retrieved from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/279961681_Evolving_Project_Management _The_PRiSM_Framework_-_Projects_Integrating_Sustainable_Methods [in English].
24. Abdullah, A., Abdul-Samad, Z., Abdul-Rahman, H., & Salleh, H. (2021). Project management methods, guides and standards: A critical overview. Journal Of Project Management Practice, 1, 1, 35-51. DOI: https://doi.org/10.22452/jpmp.vol1no1.3 [in English].
25. Marnewick, C., & Marnewick, A. (2022). Digitalization of project management: Opportunities in research and practice. Project Leadership and Society, 3. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.plas.2022.100061 [in English].
26. Beck, S., Bercovitz, J., Bergenholtz, C., Brasseur, T.-M., D’Este, P., Dorn, A., Doser, M., Dosi, C., Effert, A., Furtuna, R., Goodyear, M., Grimpe, C., Haeussler, C., Hans, F., Heinisch, B., Katona, N., Kleinberger-Pierer, H., Kokshagina, O., LaFlamme, M., Lawson, C., Lehner, P., Lifshitz-Assaf, H., Lukas, W., Marchini, S., Mitterhauser, M., Moscato, F., Nordberg, M., Norn, M.-T., Poetz, M., Ponti, M., Pruschak, G., Rafner, J. F. ., Romasanta, A. K., Ruser, A., Sameed, M., Sauermann, H., Suess-Reyes, J., Tucci, C. L., Tuertscher, P., Vicente-Saez, R., Vignoli, M., & Zyontz, S. (2021). Experimenting with Open Innovation in Science (OIS) practices: A novel approach to co-developing research proposals. CERN IdeaSquare Journal of Experimental Innovation, 5, 2, 28-49. DOI: https://doi.org/10.23726/cij.2021.1328 [in English].
27. Lechler, R., Lehner, P., Röösli, F., & Huemann, M. (2022). The project-oriented organisation through the lens of viable systems. Project Leadership and Society, 3. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.plas.2022.100072 [in English].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "