PROBLEMS OF СOMMERCIALIZATION ON THE SEED MARKET IN UKRAINE
ZAKHARCHUK Oleksandr – Doctor of Economic Sciences, Senior Research Worker, Head of the Department of Investment and Logistics, National Scientific Centre “Institute of Agrarian Economics” (01000, Kyiv, 10, Heroiv Oborony st., e-mail: email@example.com).
MAZUR Kateryna – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, Head of the Department of Agrarian Management, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3 Soniachna st., email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The purpose of the article is to develop scientifically sound proposals for solving the problem of commercial circulation of seeds and planting material and payments for the use of intellectual property in Ukraine.
The analysis of the current state and prospects of seed production in Ukraine is covered. The study found that the further formation and development of domestic breeding and seed production, the entry of domestic varieties in the international market, attracting foreign investment to create a seed industry infrastructure that would meet the world requirements and standards is not possible without the introduction of varietal certification of seeds in Ukraine, membership in Ukraine Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and accession to variety certification schemes. The basis for the development of domestic breeding and seed production is further seen through the introduction of a mechanism for obtaining royalties based on a real reflection of the use of the value of seeds and planting material, and their registration by an independent body of accounting, supervision and control, as well as support for national selection through the use of breeding payments for Farm Saved Seed.
In order to set prices for seeds and planting material of a full-fledged market environment, the calculation of the normative cost, the purchase price for the plant and the selling price of 1 ton of winter wheat seeds have been proposed. Ways of resolving commercial circulation of seeds and planting material and payments for the use of intellectual property are highlighted. Prospective ways to accelerate the development of the organization of the market of seeds and planting material of Ukraine are outlined. The authors' views on the positive experience of using non-conventional and non-conventional seed material in the EU countries are outlined.Solving these problems will
help to establish international cooperation of Ukraine in the field of protection of plant variety rights and commercial marketing of seeds and planting material.
1. Deklaraciya Organizaciyi Obyednanyx Nacij vid 28.09.2018 roku «Pro prava selyan ta inshyx lyudej, yaki pracyuyut u silskij miscevosti». [Declaration of United Nations from 28.09.2018 «About rights for peasants and other people that work in rural locality”]. URL : https://undocs.org/ru/A/C.3/73/L.30 [in Ukrainian] (accessed 25 Мay 2019).
2. Zakon Ukrainy Pro oxoronu prav na sorty roslyn : vid 17 sich. 2002 roku № 2986 [Law of Ukraine on tguard of rights on the sorts of plants]. Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine [in Ukrainian]. Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (BBR). 2002. № 23. Art. 163.
3. Zakon Ukrainy Pro pruyednannya Ukrayiny do Sxemy sortovoyi sertyfikaciyi nasinnya zernovyx kultur. Sxemy sortovoyi sertyfikaciyi nasinnya kukurudzy ta sorgo Organizaciyi ekonomichnogo spivrobitnycztva ta rozvytku : vid 15 lyutogo 2011 roku №3019 [Law of Ukraine on tacking of Ukraine is to Chart of high quality certification of seed of grain-crops. Charts of high quality certification of seed of corn and sorghum of Organization of economic collaboration and development]. Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. URL : zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/3019-17 [in Ukrainian] (accessed 25 Мay 2019).
4. Gatunki, których odmiany wpisane są do krajowego rejestru (KR). Centralny ośrodek badania odmian roślin uprawnych. URL : http://www.coboru.pl/polska/Rejestr/gat_w_rej.aspx [in Ukrainian] (accessed 25 Мay 2019).
5. Zaxarchuk, O.V. (2015). Ekonomika nasinnycztva [Economy of seed-grower]. Kyiv : NCC IAE [in Ukrainian].
6. Zakharchuk, O.V. and others (2015). Enabling the Business of Agriculture. Progress Report. Washington : World Bank Group [in English].
7. Zubets, M.V., & Tyvonchuk, S.O. (2006). Naukovi osnovy rozvytku agropromyslovogo vyrobnycztva na innovacijnyx zasadax. [Scientific bases of development of agroindustrial production are on innovative principles]. Kyiv : Agrar. nauka. [in Ukrainian].
8. Kaletnik, G. M., Pryshliak, N. V. (2016). Efektyvnist derzhavnoi pidtrymky yak osnova staloho rozvytku silskoho hospodarstva [Efficiency of state support as the basis of sustainable agricultural]. Economy. Finances. Management: actual issues of science and practical activity, 5(9), 7-23 [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "