PROSPECTS FOR ORGANIC PRODUCTION MARKET DEVELOPMENT IN UKRAINE AND THE WORLD
KHAIETSKA Olha – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of Economics
Department, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3, Soniachna str., e-mail:
The article describes the current state of development of the world and domestic market of organic
products, countries where there are the highest rates of development of certified production, countries with the
highest consumption of organic products per capita and countries with the largest areas of organic agricultural
land. The organic products market in Ukraine has been analyzed from the beginnings to the present state,
indicating all stages of development and the problems that have arisen, as well as the basic laws on organic
production, certified organic products, countries and companies operating on the domestic market.
The area of land with organic status, the total number of certification bodies, the number of operators in
this market in the regions of Ukraine is indicated. In the article a comparative analysis of Ukrainian organic
production with world production is conducted, the countries-leaders for the areas occupied by organic
production are specified. The list of certified in Ukraine types of organic products, which are consumed both
on the domestic market and exported to different countries of the world, is determined. The article deals with
the dynamics of the internal market of organic products for 2002-2017 years.
The basic principles of organic agriculture, which focus on the preservation of the environment and
natural resources, are presented and a mechanism for promoting organic production by agricultural
enterprise. The benefits of this production are also described, including: health benefits, environmental,
social and economic benefits.
The urgent problems of the organic products market are determined, directions of state policy in the
field of organic production are proposed, which will promote the development of organic production in
Ukraine and the circulation of domestic organic products in the world.
1. Zakon Ukrainy (2014). «Pro vyrobnytstvo ta obih orhanichnoi silskohospodarskoi produktsii ta
syrovyny» [On the production and circulation of organic agricultural products and raw materials]
(Vidomosti Verkhovnoi Rady (VVR). № 20-21, st.721) [in Ukrainian].
2. Zakon VR Ukrainy (2018). Zakon «Pro osnovni pryntsypy ta vymohy do orhanichnoho vyrobnytstva,
obihu ta markuvannia orhanichnoi produktsii» [On Basic Principles and Requirements for Organic Production,
Turnover and Marking of Organic Products] vid 10.07.2018 N 2496- VIII [in Ukrainian].
3. Analiz rynku orhanichnoi produktsii v Ukraini [Analysis of organic products market in Ukraine]
(2018). URL: https://agropolit.com/spetsproekty/407-analiz-rinku-organichnoyi-produktsiyi-v-ukrayini
15 liutoho 2018 [in Ukrainian].
4. Hranovska V.H. (2017). Mekhanizm stymuliuvannia rozvytku pidpryiemstv orhanichnoho
sektoru: adaptatsiia svitovoho dosvidu. Mukachivskyi derzhavnyi universytet. Ekonomika ta upravlinnia
pidpryiemstvamy. Vypusk №9. рр. 384-390 [in Ukrainian].
5. Kaletnik H.M., Pryshliak N.V. (2017). Vyrobnytstvo ta sertyfikatsiia orhanichnoi produktsii:
dosvid SShA [Production and certification of organic products: US experience] Ekonomika. Finansy.
Menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky № 9, рр. 7-22 [in Ukrainian].
6. Klitna M.R., Bryzhan I.A. (2013). Stan i rozvytok orhanichnoho vyrobnytstva ta rynku
orhanichnoi produktsii v Ukraini [Status and development of organic production and organic products
market in Ukraine] Efektyvna ekonomika. №10. URL: http://www.m.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&j=efektyvna-ekonomika&s=ua&z=2525 (data zvernennia: 08.04.2019) [in Ukrainian].
7. Korotko pro orhanik [Briefly about Organics] Ukraine.fibl.org: Proekt rozvytku orhanichnoho
rynku v Ukraini (2012-2016). URL: ukraine.fibl.org/fileadmin/documents-ukraine/Korotko_pro_orha-nik.doc [in Ukrainian].
8. Lahuta Ya.M., Mykhailenko N.V. (2017). Stan ta perspektyvy rozvytku rynku orhanichnoi
produktsii v konteksti sotsialnoi vidpovidalnosti biznesu [Status and prospects of organic products market
development in the context of social responsibility of business] Ekonomika ta upravlinnia
pidpryiemstvamy Prychornomorski ekonomichni studii. Vypusk 18. [in Ukrainian].
9. Mazur V. A., Kovalchuk S. Ya. (2018). Spetsyfika rynku orhanichnoi produktsii: natsionalnyi ta
yevropeiskyi aspekt [Specificity of organic products market: national and European aspect] Ekonomika.
Finansy. Menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky. № 4, рр. 7-18 [in Ukrainian].
10. Maslak O. (2014). Rynok orhaniky v Ukraini: stan ta perspektyvy [The market of organic in
Ukraine: state and prospects] Ahrobiznes sohodni. URL: http://www.agro-business.com.ua/ekonomichnyi-gektar/806-rynok-organiky-v-ukraiini-stan- ta-perspektyvy.html [in Ukrainian].
11. Postanova YeS 834/2007 vid 28 chervnia 2007 roku stosovno orhanichnoho vyrobnytstva i
markuvannia orhanichnykh produktiv, ta skasuvannia Postanovy (IeES) № 2092/91 [EU Regulation
834/2007 of 28 June 2007 on organic production and labeling of organic products and repealing
Regulation (EEC) No 2092/91] URL: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:
02007R0834-20130701 [in Ukrainian].
12. Pryntsypy orhanichnoho silskoho hospodarstva. [Principles of organic agriculture] Federatsiia
orhanichnoho rukhu v Ukraini. URL: http://www.organic.com.ua/uk/homepage/2010- 01- 26- 13- 40- 47 [in Ukrainian].
13. Pryshliak N.V. (2018). Suchasnyi stan i perspektyvy rozvytku rynku orhanichnoi produktsii v
Ukraini [Current state and prospects of the organic products market in Ukraine] Ekonomika. Finansy.
Menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky. № 5. рр. 25-36.
14. Prutska O.O., Beliaieva N.V. (2012). Cvitovyi dosvid stymuliuvannia vyrobnytstva orhanichnoi
silskohospodarskoi produktsii. [Worldwide experience of stimulating the production of organic agricultural
products] Zbirnyk naukovykh prats VNAU. Seriia: ekonomichni nauky. №1, t. 2, рр.212-218.
15. «Svit orhanichnoho silskoho hospodarstva. Statystyka ta trendy 2018». [The world of organic
agriculture. Statistics and trends 2018] Willer, H. and Lernoud, J. (Eds.) (2017): The World of Organic
Agriculture. Statistics and Emerging Trends. FiBL & IFOAM – Organics International (2017): Frick and
Bonn, 2017-02-20 Willer, H. and Lernoud, J. (Eds.) (2017): The World of Organic Agriculture. Statistics
and Emerging Trends. FiBL & IFOAM – Organics International (2017): Frick and Bonn, 2017-02-20
URL: www.ukraine.fibl.org, www.fibl.org [in Swiss-Ukrainian].
16. Svitova orhanichna statystyka 2019 : veb-sait [World organic statistics 2019] URL:
http://organicinfo.ua/numbers.html. [in Ukrainian].
17. Trofimtseva O. (2017). Rozvytok orhanichnoho silskohospodarskoho vyrobnytstva ye odnym z
priorytetiv nashoi roboty. [The development of organic farming is one of the priorities of our work] URL:
http://minagro.gov.ua/node/25937. Organicin Ukraine_Trofimtseva_ Prokopchuk- 2017_UA_final [in Ukrainian].
18. Federatsiia orhanichnoho rukhu Ukrainy 2005- 2018 [Federation of Organic Movement of Ukraine
2005- 2018] URL: http://www.organic.com.ua/uk/homepage/2010- 01- 26- 13- 42- 29 [in Ukrainian].
19. The World of Organic Agriculture – Statistics and Emerging Trends 2017 / Organic
Farmingand Market Developmentin Europeand the European Union (FiBL & IFOAM). 2018 URL:
http://orgprints.org/31187/1/willer-etal-2017-europe.pdf [in Europe].
Economy. Finances. Management: Topical Issues of Science and Practice ”presents on its pages the following topics:
- Theory and history of economic thought
- Development of productive forces and industrial relations
- Economics and efficiency of production and economic activity
- Economics of environmental management and protection of the environment
- Demography, labor economics, social economy and politics
- Innovative and investment activities
- Problems of economic and social policy
- Business and entrepreneurship
- Market. Pricing. Infrastructure
- Logistics and transport
- Management and marketing
- Mathematical methods, models and information technologies in economics
- Social sphere. Development of territories
- World Economy and Foreign Economic Activity
- Institutional problems of economics, finance, management and law
- Practical aspects of development of production systems and society
- Financial security and tax policy
- Accounting, analysis and audit
- The opinion of a young scientist
- Testing of economic research
- Economics, Finance and Management News
- Legislation news
- Publications on topical problems of economics, finance and management
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics. Finances. Management: Topical Issues of Science and Practice »is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”ECONOMY. FINANCES. MANAGEMENT: topical issues of science and practice. "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy. Finances. Management: Topical Issues of Science and Practice ”(Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "