PROSPECTS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF FOREIGN ECONOMIC ACTIVITY OF THE ENTERPRISES OF AGRARIAN AND INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX
BROYAKA Antonina – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Economics, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (3 Soniachna St., Vinnytsia, 21008; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The article examines the essence of foreign economic activity of enterprises, the features and prospects of its implementation in the field of agrarian and industrial complex. Based on the conducted analysis, it is proved that agrarian export of Ukraine plays a significant role in the formation of the budget and GDP of the country, since its share in 2018 was 14.2% of GDP and 33.4% of the total national exports of goods. The dynamics of export-import operations of the agrarian sector is explored and it is found that it demonstrates a positive trend in contrast to the general foreign trade balance of Ukraine. The analysis of the agrarian exports structure in 2010-2019 confirms the growth of the share of the majority of agrarian products types sold abroad.
However, Ukrainian exports are mainly oriented towards raw materials, which, among other reasons, is associated with technological backwardness and the limited ability of domestic agricultural producers to purchase modern equipment and technologies due to theirs low solvency. The commodity orientation of Ukrainian exports makes the competitive position of Ukraine in foreign markets vulnerable, since the demand for commodities is unstable and is characterized by significant price volatility.
The geographical structure of foreign trade in agrarian products and the possibilities of its further diversification are investigated. The majority of Ukrainian products in Europe are purchased in Poland, Italy and Germany. Significant connoisseurs of Ukrainian products are also Turkey, China, India, Egypt. Ukrainian exports should be expanded to Asian and Eastern countries.
The key problems that put the brakes on the development of the foreign economic activity of the enterprises of agrarian and industrial complex and hinder the competitiveness increase of domestic agrarian products in the international market are identified. A number of measures are proposed to promote the further development of the foreign economic activity of the enterprises of agrarian and industrial complex, including the development of appropriate strategies taking into account global market trends, harmonization and compliance with the quality and safety standards of agrarian products, improving the innovative component, strengthening state support (including financial) of the export-oriented agrarian enterprises, improving the investment climate, and more.
1. Bezpyata, I. (2016) Zovnishnoekonomichna diialnist ahrarnoho sektora – dzherelo nadkhodzhennia inozemnykh investytsii [Foreign trade of the agricultural sector – the source of foreign investment]. Ekonomichnyi dyskurs – The economic discourse. Issue 3. pp. 6-25 [in Ukrainian].
2. Broyaka, A.A. (2016) Adaptatsiia zovnishnotorhovelnoi diialnosti ahrarnykh pidpryiemstv do suchasnykh ekonomichnykh umov [Adaptation of agricultural enterprises foreign trade activity to the current economic conditions]. Ekonomika. Finansy. Pravo. – Eсonomics. Finanсes. Law. # 4/2. pp. 14-20 [in Ukrainian].
3. Zovnishnia torhivlia Ukrainy tovaramy ta posluhamy za 2018 rik [Foreign trade of Ukraine with goods and services for 2018] (2019) The official site of Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine. Retrieved from http://www.me.gov.ua/?lang=uk-UA (data zvernennia: 20.02.2020) [in Ukrainian].
4. Melnyk, L.H. (2015) Ekonomika ta informatsiia: Ekonomika informatsii ta informatsiina v ekonomitsi: entsyklopedychnyi slovnyk [Economics and Information: Economics of Information and Information in Economics: An Encyclopedic Dictionary]. Sumy: VTD «Universytetska knyha», 384 p. [in Ukrainian].
5. Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrayiny [Official site of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ (data zvernennia: 20.02.2020) [in Ukrainian].
6. Pakhucha, E.V., Filimonov, Yu.L. and Leshchenko, L.O. (2019) Strukturni zminy zovnishnoi torhivli Ukrainy ahrarnoiu produktsiieiu [Structural changes in Ukraine's foreign trade in agricultural products]. Efektyvna ekonomika. Vol. 3. Retrieved from: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=6962 (data zvernennia: 20.02.2020) [in Ukrainian].
7. Pitel, N.Ya. (2019) Problemy rozvytku eksportooriientovanoi diialnosti ahrarnoi sfery ekonomiky Ukrainy [Problems of the development of the export-oriented activity of the ukrainian agrarian economy] Agrosvit. Vol. 16. pp. 25–34 [in Ukrainian].
8. Proshchalykina, A.M. and Petrenko, T.S. (2018) Mistse Ukrainy na svitovomu rynku produktsii APK [Ukraine's place in the world market of agricultural products]. Agrosvit. Vol. 11. pp. 22–26 [in Ukrainian].
9. Syrotiuk, A.M. (2013) Osoblyvosti zdiisnennia zovnishnoekonomichnoi diialnosti v ahropromyslovomu kompleksi. Naukovi pratsi Poltavskoi derzhavnoi ahrarnoi akademii. Seriia: Ekonomichni nauky - Scientific works of Poltava State Agrarian Academy. Series: Economic Sciences. Vol. 1 (6). Part 2. pp. 279-283 [in Ukrainian].
10. Stavska, Yu.V. (2019) Upravlinnia konkurentospromozhnistiu pidpryiemstv - subiektiv zovnishnoekonomichnoi diialnosti. [Competitiveness management of enterprises - subjects of foreign economic activity] Stratehiia rozvytku Ukrainy: finansovo-ekonomichnyi ta humanitarnyi aspekty: materialy VI Mizhnarodnoi naukovo-praktychnoi konferentsii (Kyiv, 16/10/2019). Kyiv: «Informatsiino-analitychne ahentstvo». pp. 329-332 [in Ukrainian].
11. Stavska, Yu.V. and Hlukha, A.O. (2018) Perspektyvy rozvytku zovnishnoekonomichnoi diialnosti Ukrainy v umovakh Yevrointehratsii [Perspectives for the development of foreign economic activities of Ukraine in the conditions of European integration] Pryazovskyi economic herald. Vol. 5(10). pp. 59-64 [in Ukrainian].
12. Khaietska, O.P. (2018) Perspektyvy rozvytku zovnishnoekonomichnoi diialnosti ahropromyslovykh rynkiv. [Prospects for development of foreign economic activity of agro-industrial markets] Mizhrehionalna vzaiemodiia lohistychnykh system v umovakh transformatsii ekonomiky: materialy mizhnar. nauk.-prakt. konf. (Uman, 18-19/05/2018). Uman: «Vizavi». pp. 118-121 [in Ukrainian].
13. Khaietska, O.P. (2017) Suchasni tendentsii zovnishnoekonomichnoi diialnosti Ukrainy [Morden tendencies of foring economic activity of Ukraine] Ekonomika. Finansy. Pravo. – Eсonomics. Finanсes. Law. № 2/2. 79-83. [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "