REGIONAL PROGRAMMING AS AN EFFECTIVE TOOL FOR SUSTAINABLE RURAL DEVELOPMENT
KOLESNIK Tetyana – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Administrative Management and Alternative Energy, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsya, 3 Soniachna Str., e-mail: email@example.com).
The article emphasizes the limited possibilities within a market mechanism for regulating externalities and providing citizens with public goods. Therefore, there is a necessity for state regulation of the economy and the related areas such as life of people and the use of natural resources. It is noted that regional programming is an important tool for such regulation (regarding sustainable development of various territories, in particular, rural ones).
The purpose of the article is to find the scientific and practical ground for programming rural sustainable development in Ukraine by means of a series reforms.
In the article, regional programming is considered as an important tool of state regional policy, which is implemented by using long-term strategies, plans and programs for development of territories or regions. It is noted that regional programs are a type of state target programs, which may be either complex or special considering content, and either short or medium or long-term in terms of implementation. Examples of complex (development of the Tennessee Valley in the USA) and special (sustainable development of rural areas of the EU) regional programs are shown in the article.
The article suggests including suburbs and territories outside a city or town with private buildings to rural area.
The author proves that sustainable development is a good decision for the territories as well as for other ones. For that purpose, it is important to harmonize the interaction of three components - the environment, society and economy. That is possible in case of achieving Pareto optimum, which does not allow increasing the effect of one of the components, without reducing the effect on other constituents.
The features of regional programming of rural sustainable development are shown with the example of the regional program "Rural Development" development and implementation (hereinafter - the Program) based on presentation and scientific analysis of individual components of its conceptual scheme.
The normative-legal support of the Program consists of documents of a methodological and informative nature. It is noted that the content of the Program should be based on the provisions of the Constitution of Ukraine, the Law of Ukraine "On the Principles of State Regional Policy", the State Strategy for Regional Development up to 2020 (hereinafter - the Strategy) and other important documents.
The strategy focuses on intensifying the endogenous potential of territories (regions), in particular, rural, rather than on their direct state support. At the same time, sustainable development of rural areas is directly related to the problems of territorial and political unity of Ukrainian regions.
The author considers that significant impact on the implementation of the Program was made by adoption of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine the Resolution "Some Issues of National Strategy Implementation for Regional Development for the period up to 2020", dated September 12, 2018, which includes the concepts presented by Min Region of Ukraine.
After having conducted a rigorous analysis of the Program the author concluded that, it is presented in a schematic form, and therefore requires in-depth scientific analysis, refinement and concretization, starting from the preconditions for its development and ending with the justification of corrections. It is shown that in order to solve the problems of sustainable development of rural areas in Ukraine; a dialectical approach is needed that involves coordinating the development trends of rural and urban areas. It is noted that this was reflected in the purpose of the Program.
The objectives of the Program, in accordance with the Strategy, are set out in three directions: 1) diversification of entrepreneurship in the countryside; 2) improving the quality of life in rural areas; 3) creation of conditions for social development. It specifies the persons responsible for the implementation of the Program, outlines its geography and features of financing. The research says that since the Program is very important for the future of Ukraine, it is necessary to use not only EU grants but also financial resources from other sources envisaged by the legislation for its realization.
One of the significant shortcomings of the Program is the lack of necessary pre-investment research. It is indicated that the most popular are studies aimed at justifying which regional development projects (in the direction of the Program) should be supported by the state. The importance of the most critical projects of the Program is foreseen: in its first direction - diversification of agricultural production, as well as development of alternative types of economic activities, organic farming and processing and service enterprises on the basis of cooperation; the second - creation (improvement) of conditions for returning youth in rural areas, improvement of engineering, informational and educational, social and ecological infrastructure of the countryside; the third - planning of rural development, development of partnership of business and government, activation of rural development on the basis of the received support.
In each of the three areas, the author advises to set the expected results and indicators of the implementation of the Program, which is necessary for its adjustment, based on the possibilities of state support for individual projects.
- Zherybor, L.L. & Sudak, H.V. (2011). Prohramuvannia sotsialno- ekonomichnoho rozvytku silskykh terytorii [Programming of Socio-Economic Development of Rural Territories]. Visnyk Zhytomyrskoho natsionalnoho ahroekolohichnoho universytetu – Bulletin of Zhytomyr National Agroecological University, 2(2), 33-41 [in Ukrainian].
- Ksenofontov, M.M. (2009). Osoblyvosti prohramuvannia sotsialno-ekonomichnoho rozvytku ahropromyslovoho vyrobnytstva ta silskykh terytorii [Features of programming of socio-economic development of agro-industrial production and rural areas]. Visnyk Khmelnytskoho natsionalnoho universytetu. Ser. Ekonomichni nauky – Bulletin of the Khmelnytsky National University. Ser. Economic Sciences, 6(1), 260-263 [in Ukrainian].
- Malenka, I.M. (2015). Finansova pidtrymka silskoho hospodarstva Ukrainy: prohramnyi aspekt [Financial Support to Agriculture in Ukraine: Programmatic Aspect]. Hlobalni ta natsionalni problemy ekonomiky – Global and national problems of the economy, 6, 200-205. Retrieved from http://global-national.in.ua/archive/6-2015/40.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Nedbaliuk, O. P. (2017). Mizhnarodnyi dosvid orhanizatsii rozvytku silskykh terytorii ta mozhlyvosti yoho zastosuvannia v Ukraini [International experience of organization of development of rural territories and possibilities of its application in Ukraine]. Ekonomika i suspilstvo – Economics and Society, 9, 89-94. Retrieved from http://www.economyandsociety.in.ua/journal/9_ukr/14.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Nelep, V.M. & Fursenko, M.I. (2005). Prohramuvannia rozvytku silskykh terytorii i biudzhety silskykh rad [Programming of rural development and budgets of village councils]. Ekonomika APK – Economy of agroindustrial complex, 4, 107-112 [in Ukrainian].
- Rural Development in the European Union Statistical and Economic Information (2013). European Commission Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development. Retrieved from http://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/statistics/rural-development/ 2013/ full-text_en.pdf.
- Derzhavna stratehiia rehionalnoho rozvytku Ukrainy na period do 2020 roku : zatv. postanovoiu Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy vid 6 serp. 2014 r. № 385 [The state strategy of regional development of Ukraine for the period up to 2020 : approved the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated August 6. 2014 No. 385.]. Retrieved from http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/385-2014-p [in Ukrainian].
- Deiaki pytannia realizatsii u 2018-2020 rokakh Derzhavnoi stratehii rehionalnoho rozvytku na period do 2020 roku: postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy vid 12 ver. 2018 r. № 733. [Some issues of realization in the years 2018-2020 of the State Strategy for Regional Development for the period till 2020: the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 12 September 2018, No. 733]. Retrieved from http://cg.gov.ua /web_docs /1/2014/11/docs/%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%9A% D0%9C%D0%A3733.pdf. https://doi.org/10.33941/age-info.com24(5)2018005 [in Ukrainian].
- Tkachuk, A., Kashevskyi, V. & Mavko P. (2016). Stratehichne planuvannia u hromadi (navchalnyi modul) [Strategic Planning in the Community (curriculum module)]. Kyiv: IKTs «Lehalnyi status» [in Ukrainian].
- Popova, O. L. (2014). Osnovy harmonizatsii ahrarnoho i silskoho rozvytku v suchasnii ahrarnii politytsi [Fundamentals of Harmonization of Agrarian and Rural Development in Modern Agrarian Policy]. Ekonomika Ukrainy – Ukraine economy, 10, 32-43 [in Ukrainian].
- Kaletnik, H.M. (2013). Rozvytok rynku biopalyv v Ukraini [Development of the Biofuels Market in Ukraine]. Bioenerhetyka – Bioenergy, 1, 11-16 [in Ukrainian].
- Kovalova, O.V. Shchodo napriamiv rozvytku orhanichnoho vyrobnytstva silskohospodarskoi produktsii v Ukraini: analit. zap. [Regarding the directions of development of organic production of agricultural products in Ukraine: analyt. note]. Natsionalnyi instytut stratehichnykh doslidzhen: veb-sait – National Institute for Strategic Studies: Web site. Retrieved from http://www.niss.gov.ua/articles/1292/ [in Ukrainian].
- Drabovskyi, A.H. (2018). Problemy ta perspektyvy rozvytku okremykh kooperatyvnykh form hospodariuvannia v ukrainskii ekonomitsi [Problems and prospects of development of separate cooperative forms of management in the Ukrainian economy]. Visnyk Volynskoho instytutu ekonomiky ta menedzhmentu – Bulletin of the Volyn Institute of Economics and Management. 21, 64-73 [in Ukrainian].
- Burdyha, I. (2018). Nove pokolinnia na zviazku: koly v Ukraini zapratsiuie 4G [A new generation of communications: when 4G will work in Ukraine]. Hromadske telebachennia: veb-sait – Public Television: Web site. Retrieved from https://hromadske.ua/posts/koli-v-ukraini-zapracyue-4g [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "