REGULATORY FORMATION AND ACCOUNTING OF EQUITY AT LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANIES
ISHCHENKO Yana – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Accounting and Taxation in the Fields of the Economy, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3 Soniachna Str., e-mail: email@example.com).
The structure and dynamics of equity capital are the basis for determining the indicators that characterize the financial position and financial sustainability of the enterprise. Information support for the effective management of the company's own capital is formed, mainly, by the system of accounting and financial reporting.
Reliable and complete coverage of the financial statements of information on the size and composition of equity capital is fundamental for an objective assessment of the financial status and efficiency of the enterprise and for making further decisions by owners, investors, creditors and other users of information.
Over the past few years, some changes have been made in the way in which the equity of the enterprise is reflected in the accounting, which requires detailed analysis and evaluation of changes to find ways to improve the accounting of equity capital of the enterprise.
The purpose of this publication is to study the legal regulation of the formation and accounting of equity, in particular in limited liability companies, as well as the development of organizational principles of its accounting.
Financial independence of the enterprise and other indicators of the financial state directly depends from the complete and clear legal regulation of accounting of equity capital by enterprises of various organizational and legal forms, the effectiveness of the information management of capital formation, profit distribution, dividend and other corporate rights.
The normative regulation of the accounting of own capital in Ukraine at the state level (macro level) and at the level of economic entities (micro level) is investigated.
From June 17, 2018, the new Law on Limited Liability and Additional Liability Companies came into force. The fundamental change in the regulation of the activities of economic entities of such organizational and legal forms leads to the need to amend its constituent documents and internal accounting regulations.
Changes made in accordance with the Law concerning the formation of the authorized capital of the companies with limited liability and additional liability are considered.
An exemplary section of the order on the accounting policy that will regulate the accounting of own capital is designed and offered for practical use by limited liability companies.
The formation of such section will allow the reconciliation of the accounting policies and constituent documents in order to meet the interests of users in accounting for equity capital. After all, the proper formation of accounting policies is an important element of internal regulation of the formation and accounting of equity, contributes to improving the completeness and reliability of information about the financial condition of the enterprise.
Based on the study of legal regulation of formation and accounting of equity in limited liability companies, it was found that at the macro level the state regulates only certain aspects of these processes. Moreover, there remains a wide range of variability in the selection of organizational and methodological approaches to accounting of equity capital. This, in turn, provides the opportunity for the owners of the companies to choose the optimal alternative accounting option for this particular entity, taking into account the specifics of its activities. The main internal regulations of enterprises regulating the issues of formation, use and accounting of own capital are the statute and order on accounting policy. The research revealed shortcomings in the formation of norms as a charter and an order on accounting policies of limited liability companies in respect of own capital.
Proposed changes to the specified internal regulations of limited liability companies, which will bring their norms in line with the norms of legislation, in particular with the norms of the Law of Ukraine "On Limited Liability Companies" of 22.06.2018, № 2275-VIII, and will allow to obtain full, relevant , unbiased information about equity capital for all the interested parties.
- Kaletnik H.M. (2016). Naukovo-teoretychni zasady formuvannia ta rozvytku liudskoho kapitalu v silskykh terytoriiakh [Scientific and theoretical foundations of the formation and development of human capital in rural areas] Ekonomika. Finansy. Menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky – Economy. Finances. Management: topical issues of science and practice, 10, 7-25 [in Ukrainian].
- Mazur V.A. (2017). Metodyka analizu finansovoho stanu pidpryiemstva vidpovidno do vymoh vnutrishnikh i zovnishnikh korystuvachiv [Method of analysis of the financial condition of the company in accordance with the requirements of internal and external users] Ekonomika. Finansy. Menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky – Economy. Finances. Management: topical issues of science and practice, 3, 7-20 [in Ukrainian].
- Hudzenko N.M. & Horobets T.P. (2010). Zvit pro vlasnyi kapital: poriadok skladannia ta shliakhy udoskonalennia [Equity statement: composition and ways of improvement]. Retrieved from: http://www.rusnauka.com/ 8_NND_2010/ Economics/ 60336.doc.htm [in Ukrainian].
- Zdyrko N.H. Oblik derzhavnoi pidtrymky silskohospodarskykh pidpryiemstv za mizhnarodnymy standartamy [Accounting for state support of agricultural enterprises according to international standards]. Hlobalni ta natsionalni problemy ekonomiky. Elektronne naukove vydannia – Global and national problems of the economy. Electronic scientific edition, 2015, 5, 999-1003 [in Ukrainian].
- Kaminska T.H. (2010). Kapital yak obiekt vartisnoho vymiru v suchasnomu obliku [Capital as an object of value measurement in modern accounting]. Oblik i finansy APK – Accounting and finance of agroindustrial complex, 3, 33-40 [in Ukrainian].
- Koval L. & Arseniuk A.V. (2017). Metodychni aspekty provedennia audytu vlasnoho kapitalu [Methodological aspects of the audit of own capital] Efektyvna ekonomika – Effective economy, 6. Retrieved from http://www. economy. nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=5656 [in Ukrainian].
- Pro vnesennia zmin do Zakonu Ukrainy «Pro bukhhalterskyi oblik ta finansovu zvitnist v Ukraini» shchodo udoskonalennia deiakykh polozhen: Zakon Ukrainy vid 05.10.2017 r. № 2164-VIII [On Amendments to the Law of Ukraine "On Accounting and Financial Reporting in Ukraine" regarding the improvement of some provisions: Law of Ukraine dated October 5, 2017 №2164-VIII] [in Ukrainian].
- Pro tovarystva z obmezhenoiu ta dodatkovoiu vidpovidalnistiu: Zakon Ukrainy vid 06.02.2018 №2275-VIII [About limited liability companies: Law of Ukraine dated 02.06.2018 №2275-VIII] [in Ukrainian].
- Sil`s`ke gospodarstvo Ukrayiny` za 2017 rik: staty`sty`chny`j zbirny`k. K.: Derzhavna sluzhba staty`sty`ky` Ukrayiny`, 2018. 245 s.
- Gospodars`ky`j kodeks Ukrayiny` vid 16 sichnya 2003 roku # 436-IV.
- Natsionalne polozhennia (standart) bukhhalterskoho obliku 1 «Zahalni vymohy do finansovoi zvitnosti», zatverdzhene nakazom Ministerstva finansiv Ukrainy vid 07 liutoho 2013 roku № 73 [National Accounting Standard 1 "General Requirements for Financial Statements", approved by the order of the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine dated February 7, 2013 №73] [in Ukrainian].
- Kontseptualna osnova finansovoi zvitnosti vid 01.09.2019 [Conceptual basis of financial reporting from 01.09.2019] Retrieved from https://zakon.help/ article/ konceptualna- osnova-finansovoi-zvitnosti/ [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "