RURAL AREAS: THE ESSENCE OF THE CATEGORY AND INDICATORS OF ITS EVALUATION
KOSTIUCHENKO Daryna – Post-graduate Student, Lecturer of the Department of Economics, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, 3 Sonyachna st., Vinnytsia, email: Dasha_veres@meta.ua).
The article deals with the scientific-theoretical approaches of scientists to the definition of “rural territories”. It is stated that the formulation will depend on the assessment of rural areas as a platform for economic, social, environmental, etc. development, methodological approaches to the diagnosis of its condition and the choice of management technologies to form an effective mechanism for rural development. The legal base on the interpretation of the concept of "rural territory" is analyzed and the assumption is made regarding the maximum population of the village. Based on the elaborated sources, the author defines the author's definition of the category "rural territories" as a complex, dynamic, open socio-ecological-economic system.
As a result of the considered components of the complex analysis of the state of rural territories, the algorithm of study of rural territories and the main indicators characterizing the level of development of social infrastructure, the main blocks of integrated assessment of rural territories are identified. status and analysis of financial security. Indicators, indices and criteria by which scientists evaluate the level of rural development are analyzed. It has been established that a GDP index should be present in the development of a rural development index, but a set of indicators related to the individual and the environment should play a major role.
The author proposes indicators that should be included in the integrated indicator of rural development, which are grouped into four components: economic, environmental, social and demographic. It is assumed that this approach will provide a comprehensive analysis and evaluation of the phenomena and processes occurring in rural areas; will identify attractors of their development; identify areas that can be corrected and change the rural development masters.
1. Baldyniuk, V. M. (2011) Metodychni pidkhody do otsinky kompleksnoho rozvytku silskykh terytorii. [Methodological approaches to the assessment of integrated rural development]. Derzhavne upravlinnia: udoskonalennia ta rozvytok 2011 – Public administration: improvement and development, № 9. Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Duur_2011_9_14 f [in Ukrainian].
2. Baranovskyi, M. O. (2009) Naukovi zasady suspilno-heohrafinoho vyvchennia silskykh depresyvnykh terytorii Ukrainy: monohrafiia [Scientific principles of socio-geographical study of rural depressed territories of Ukraine: monograph]. Nizhyn: PP Lysenko M. M., 396.
3. Goncharenko, I.V. (2009) Social and economic development of rural areas of the region: problems of theory and practice: monograph [Socio-economic development of rural areas of the region: problems of theory and practice: monograph]. Lviv: Institute for Regional Studies of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 370.
4. Goncharuk I.V., Tomashuk I.V. (2017) Vplyv ekologo-ekonomichnogo faktoru na osoblyvosti organizacijno-ekonomichnogo mexanizmu vykorystannya resursnogo potencialu silskyx terytorij. [Influence of ecological-economic factors on the peculiarities of the organizational-economic mechanism of use of resource potential of rural territories]. Ekonomika. Finansy. Menedzhment: aktualni pytannya nauky i praktyky – Economy. Finances. Management: topical issues of science and practical activity, №4. 52-62
5. Yevsiukov, T.O., & Kovalchuk I.P. (2011) Doslidzhennia suchasnoho stanu silskykh terytorii: pidkhody, alhorytmy, metody [Research of the present state of rural territories: approaches, algorithms, methods]. Retrieved from https://zsu.org.ua/taras-evsyukov/125-2011-04-07-13-57-41 [in Ukrainian].
6. Zalizko, V.D. (2014) Formuvannia systemy sotsialno-ekonomichnykh pokaznykiv rozvytku rehioniv Ukrainy na prykladi silskykh terytorii [Formation of the system of socio-economic indicators of the development of regions of Ukraine on the example of rural areas]. Naukovyi visnyk NHU – Scientific bulletin of NMU, № 2. 119–126.
7. Pro zasady ta poriadok vyrishennia pytan administratyvno-terytorialnoho ustroiu Ukrainy: Zakonoproekt Ukrainy vid 22.02.2018. Retrieved from URL:http://www.minregion.gov.ua/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Pr-ZU-pro-ATU.pdf [in Ukrainian].
8. Kohatko, Yu.L. (2015) Bidnist silskoho naselennia Ukrainy [Poverty of the rural population of Ukraine]. Demohrafiia ta sotsialna ekonomika – Demography and Social Economy, № 1 (23). 32–43.
9. Lesiv, M.M. (2015) Orhanizatsiino-ekonomichni mekhanizmy zabezpechennia rozvytku silskykh terytorii krain-chleniv yevropeiskoho soiuzu: dys. na zdobuttia naukovoho stupenia k.e.n. 08.00.02/ Lviv, 224.
10. Mantyno, F. Selskoe razvytye v Evrope. Polytyka, ynstytutы y deistvuiushchye lytsa na mestakh s 1970-kh hodov do nashykh dnei [Rural development in Europe. Politics, institutions and actors in the field from the 1970s to the present.]. Retrieved from http://www.eastagri.org/publications/pub_docs/ Mantino.pdf [in Ukrainian].
11. Prytula, Kh. M. (2015) Sotsialno-ekonomichnyi rozvytok silskykh terytorii: rehionalnyi vymir: monohrafiia [Socio-Economic Development of Rural Areas: Regional Dimension]. Lviv: In-t rehion. doslidzh. im. M. I. Dolishnoho, 354.
12. Sava, A.P. (2017) Obgruntuvannia metodolohichnykh pidkhodiv do vyvchennia rozvytku silskykh terytorii [Justification of methodological approaches to studying the development of rural areas.]. Stalyi rozvytok ekonomiky – Sustainable development of the economy, №2, 33 – 40 [in Ukrainian].
13. Sava, A.P (2017) Obgruntuvannia protsedurnykh osoblyvostei metodolohii otsinky rozvytku silskykh terytorii [Obgruntuvannia protsedurnykh osoblyvostei metodolohii otsinky rozvytku silskykh terytorii.]. Podilskyi visnyk: silske hospodarstvo, tekhnika, ekonomika – Podilskyi visnyk: silske hospodarstvo, tekhnika, ekonomikam, №26 (2), 204 – 215 [in Ukrainian].
14. Cherniatina, V. A. (2017) Derzhavne rehuliuvannia staloho rozvytku silskykh terytorii v Ukraini [State regulation of sustainable development of rural areas in Ukraine]. Derzhavne upravlinnia ta mistseve samovriaduvannia –
Public administration and local government, №3(34), 122–127 [in Ukrainian].
15. Shpik, N., & Mykula O. (2013) Osnovni pokaznyky rozvytku sotsialnoi infrastruktury silskykh terytorii [The main indicators of the development of social infrastructure of rural areas]. Visnyk Lvivskoho natsionalnoho ahrarnoho universytetu. Ser : Ekonomika APK – Visnyk of Lviv National Agrarian University. Sir: Economy of the agroindustrial complex, № 20(2), 34–37 [in Ukrainian].
16. Poverty in rural areas of the EU: Brief №1 (2011). Retrieved from http://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/rural-area-economics/briefs/pdf/01_en.pdf.
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "