SORTING, LOGISTICS AND SECONDARY USE OF SOLID HOUSEHOLD WASTE OF UKRAINE
TOKARCHUK Dina – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of the Administrative Management and Alternative Energy Resources, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3, Soniachna Str., е-mail: email@example.com).
BEREZIUK Sergiy – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Administrative Management and Alternative Energy Sources, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3, Soniachna Str., e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The article is devoted to the study of the issues of efficient management of solid household waste (SHW) in Ukraine, which provides the improvement of its sorting and logistics. The composition of solid household waste in the context of world countries by the level of development, geographical principle in comparison with Ukraine was studied. It is substantiated that despite the differences in the composition of waste in our and European countries, its calorific value is approximately the same, which determines the possibility of energy use. The current state of solid household waste sorting in Ukraine is analyzed, it is determined that today it is mainly sorted into mixed (wet) and dry, there is a separate sorting of some types of waste: glass, paper, metal, plastic. A logical scheme of the existing separate sorting and management of household waste in Ukraine was built, which showed the differences from the best European practices in this field. It is proposed to improve the solid household waste sorting system through the introduction of eight types of containers, which will allow to obtain more homogeneous flows of standard waste and facilitate its further useful use. It is proposed to introduce the compensation payments for sorted waste. The logistics of solid household waste has been improved through proposals for the introduction of vacuum sorting stations for waste transportation. Their advantages are environmental friendliness, automation that minimizes the human factor, high speed of transportation. The management of household and similar waste in Ukraine has been studied and it has been determined that the main direction of its further use is disposal in specially equipped landfills (more than 40%), and energy use by incineration does not reach 2%. The characteristics of waste recycling in the countries of the world are given, which has shown significant achievements in the fuller use of waste potential as a valuable secondary raw material. The
ecological, energy, social and economic effects of the introduction of a sustainable solid waste management system in Ukraine are substantiated.
1. Sohodni vidznachaiut Vsesvitnii den vtorynnoi pererobky [Today marks World Recycling Day]. ecotown.com.ua. Retrieved from: https://ecotown.com.ua/news/Stohodni-vidznachayut-Vsesvitniy-den-vtorynnoyi- pererobky/ [in Ukrainian].
2. Honcharuk, I.V., & Vovk, V.Yu. (2020). Poniatiinyi aparat katehorii silskohospodarski vidkhody, yikh klasyfikatsiia ta perspektyvy podalshoho vykorystannia dlia vyrobnytstva bioenerhii [Conceptual apparatus of the category of agricultural waste, their classification and prospects for further use for bioenergy production]. Ekonomika, finansy, menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky – Economics, finance, management: topical issues of science and practical activity, 3 (53), 23-38. DOI: 10.37128/2411-4413-2020-3-2 [in Ukrainian].
3. Pryshliak, N., Lutsiak, V., Tokarchuk, D., & Semchuk, I. (2020). The empirical research of the potential, awareness and current state of agricultural waste use to ensure energy autonomy of agricultural enterprises of Ukraine. Journal of Environmental Management and Tourism, 11 (7), 1634-1648. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14505/jemt.v11.7(47).04 [in English].
4. Matvieiev, Yu.B., & Heletukha, H.H. Perspektyvy enerhetychnoi utylizatsii tverdykh pobutovykh vidkhodiv v Ukraini: analitychna zapyska BAU № 22 [Prospects for energy utilization of solid waste in Ukraine: an analytical note of UAB № 22]. Bioenergy Association of Ukraine, 2019. Retrieved from: https://saf.org.ua/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/position-paper-uabio-22-ua.pdf [in Ukrainian].
5. Dovha, T.M. (2011). Mizhnarodnyi dosvid retsyklinhu tverdykh pobutovykh vidkhodiv ta mozhlyvist yoho vykorystannia v Ukraini [International experience in solid waste recycling and the possibility of its use in Ukraine]. Formuvannia rynkovykh vidnosyn v Ukraini – Formation of market relations in Ukraine, 8 (123), 106-110 [in Ukrainian].
6. Berezyuk, S., Tokarchuk, D., & Pryshliak, N. (2019). Economic and environmental benefits of using waste potential as a valuable secondary and energy resource. Journal of Environmental Management and Tourism, X, 10 (1), 149-160. DOI: 10.14505//jemt.10.1(33).15 [in English].
7. Berezyuk, S., Tokarchuk, D., & Pryshliak, N. (2019). Resource potential of waste usage as a component of environmental and energy safety of the state. Journal of Environmental Management and Tourism, X, 5 (37), 1157-1167. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14505//jemt.v10.5(37).23 [in English].
8. Pro vidkhody: Zakon, №187/98-VR (v redaktsii vid 16.10.2020) [On waste: Law of Ukraine, №187 / 98-ВР (as amended on 16.10.2020)]. (March, 3, 1998). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/187/98 [in Ukrainian].
9. Stalinska, I.V., & Khandohina, O.V. (2019). Povodzhennia z pobutovymy vidkhodamy [Household waste management]. Kharkiv: KhNUMH im. O.M. Beketova [in Ukrainian].
10. Bereziuk, S.V. (2015). Cuchasnyi stan ta problemy povodzhennia z pobutovymy vidkhodamy v Ukraini [Current state and problems of household waste management in Ukraine]. Istoriya v faktah i sovremennyj podhod k bezopasnosti – History in facts and a modern approach to security. Odessa: KUPRIENKO SV.Retrieved from: https://www.sworld.com.ua/simpoz4/15.pdf [in Ukrainian].
11. Waste-to-Energy. State-of-the-Art-Report. nswai.org. Retrieved from: https://www.nswai.org/docs/ISWA6_7-000-2_WtE_State_of_the_Art_ Report_2012_ Revised_November_2013.pdf [in English].
12. Decisive (2018). D6.1 Methodology of characterization of the biowaste management system in the DECISIVE demonstration sites: current and new systems simulation for the Lyon and Catalonia cases. decisive2020.eu. Retrieved from: http://www.decisive2020.eu/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Methodology-for- characterisation-of-the-biowaste-management-system-in-the-DECISIVE- demonstration-sites.pdf [in English].
13. Sait Ministerstva rozvytku hromad i terytorii Ukrainy [Site of the Ministry of Development of Communities and Territories of Ukraine]. minregion.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://www.minregion.gov.ua/press/news/sortuvannya-tverdyh- pobutovyh-vidhodiv-u-gromadah-vazhlyvyj-krok-dlya-zahystu-dovkillya-minregion/ [in Ukrainian].
14. Indoor Recycling Station and Slim Jim Containers. dlgroup.co.uk. Retrieved from: http://www.dlgroup.co.uk/images/doc/Agent-DLG-Part16.pdf [in English].
15. Bezpiatchuk, Zh. (n.d.) Smittievi viiny ta komunalni koruptsiini oborudky [Garbage wars and communal corruption deals]. cripo.com.ua. Retrieved from: https://cripo.com.ua/events/?p=97658/ [in Ukrainian].
16. Kropivnyi, V.M., Medvedeva, O.V., Kropivna, A.V., & Kuzyk, O.V. (2020). Utylizatsiia ta rekuperatsiia vidkhodiv [Disposal and recovery of waste]. Kropyvnytskyi: CNTU. Retrieved from: http://dspace.kntu.kr.ua/jspui/handle/123456789/9041 [in Ukrainian].
17. Sait Derzhavnoi sluzhby statystyky Ukrainy [Site of the State statistics service of Ukraine]. ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from: www.ukrstat.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
18. Site of the Avfall Sverige. avfallsverige.se. Retrieved from: https://www.avfallsverige.se/in-english/swedish-waste-management/ [in English].
20. Popova, Yu.M., Svystun, L.A., & Panasenko, D.I. (2019). Publichne upravlinnia tverdymy pobutovymy vidkhodamy: inozemnyi dosvid [Public solid waste management: foreign experience]. Modern Economics, 15, 153-158. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V15(2019)-22 [in Ukrainian].
21. Pererobka smittia v Ukraini staie prybutkovym biznesom [Garbage recycling in Ukraine is becoming a profitable business]. ecotown.com.ua. Retrieved from: https://ecotown.com.ua/news/Pererobka-smittya-v-Ukrayini-staye- prybutkovym-biznesom/ [in Ukrainian].
22. 15 lystopada – Den vtorynnoi pererobky [November 15 – Day of recycling]. greenfund.com.ua. Retrieved from: https://greenfund.com.ua/2018/11/15/15-lystopada-den-vtorynnoyi-pererobky/ [in Ukrainian].
23. Rozdilnyi zbir pobutovykh vidkhodiv – pytannia samodystsypliny ta zaporuka protsvitannia [Separate collection of household waste is a matter of self- discipline and a guarantee of prosperity]. kks.kiev.ua. Retrieved from:https://kks.kiev.ua/rozdilnyj-zbir-pobutovyh-vidhodiv-pytannya-samodystsypliny-i- zaporuka-protsvitannya/ [in Ukrainian].
24. Zavhorodnia, N.I., & Shvovarov, O.A. (2013). Orhanizatsiino-metodychni zakhody povodzhennia z tverdymy pobutovymy vidkhodamy [Organizational and methodological measures for solid waste management]. Voprosy khymyy i khymycheskoi tekhnolohyy – Questions of chemistry and chemical technology, 2, 97- 100 [in Ukrainian].
25. Priorytet Uriadu – efektyvnyi rynok povodzhennia z vidkhodamy, – roziasnennia Minrehionu [The Government’s priority is an efficient waste management market, the Ministry of Regional Development explains]. minregion.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://www.minregion.gov.ua/press/news/ prioritet-uryadu-efektivniy-rinok-povodzhennya-z-vidhodami-roz-yasnennya- minregionu/ [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "