STRATEGIC DIRECTIONS OF DEVELOPMENT OF BIOLFUELS PRODUCTION FROM AGROBIOMASS OF AGRICULTURAL ENTERPRISES OF UKRAINE
TOKARCHUK Dina – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of the Administrative Management and Alternative Energy Resources, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3, Soniachna Str., е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The article substantiates that the agricultural sector of Ukraine has a significant bioenergy potential. The first component of this potential is agricultural crops: traditional (cereals, sugar beets, sunflowers, rapeseed, etc.), which can be used for the production of bioethanol, biodiesel and energy crops (willow, poplar, miscanthus), which are used for the production of solid biofuels or second generation biofuels. The second component is organic waste from crops and livestock, which is a potential raw material for the production of biogas and solid biofuels.
An algorithm for the development and implementation of a strategy for the development of biofuel production from the bioenergy potential of agrobiomass of agrarian enterprises has been offered with an emphasis on the obligation of its constant monitoring and correction to achieve the planned indicators. The expediency of using the SWOT-analysis methodology in the development of this strategy has been substantiated.
The strengths and weaknesses of agricultural enterprises have been analyzed from the point of view of bioenergy development. For this, there were assessed their profitability and efficiency, the dynamics of growing of agricultural crops that can be used for the production of biofuel, and the volume of organic waste generated. Among the main strengths are strong bioenergy potential, weaknesses are resistance to change and the reluctance of managers to take risks by investing a lot in biofuel production. Analysis of the external environment showed the presence of both favorable (cooperation with international financial organizations, an increase in demand for bioenergy raw materials) and unfavorable factors for the development of bioenergy potential (high cost of equipment for bio-production, unfavorable credit policy, etc.).
The combination of the strengths and weaknesses of the internal environment, as well as the opportunities and threats of the external environment of agricultural enterprises in bioenergy made it possible to identify four potential strategic directions for the development of using bioenergy potential of agrobiomass: organization of the production of all types of biofuels (liquid, solid, gaseous) by enterprises, energy autonomy; increasing of bioenergy potential in an intensive way, organizing the production of those types of biofuels for which bioenergy potential is the largest; building up bioenergy potential in an extensive way, selling bioenergy crops to Ukrainian biofuel producers; enterprises do not increase their bioenergy potential, they remain producers of only those agricultural crops for which there is a demand in Ukrainian and the world markets.
1. Honcharuk, I., & Babyna, O. (2020). Dominant trends of innovation and investment activities in the development of alternative energy sources Wschodnioeuropejskie Czasopismo Naukowe (East European Scientific Journal), 2 (54), 6-12 [in English].
2. Honcharuk, T.V. Strategic potential of biomass in Ukraine – guarantee of the state’s economic development. Ekonomika, finansy, menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky – Economics, finance, management: topical issues of science and practical activity, 8, 24, 36-44 [in English].
3. Kaletnik, G., & Lutkovska, S. (2020). Innovative Environmental Strategy for Sustainable Development. European Journal of Sustainable Development, 9, 2, 89-98 [in English].
4. Pryshliak, N., Lutsiak, V., Tokarchuk, D., & Semchuk, I. (2020). The empirical research of the potential, awareness and current state of agricultural waste use to ensure energy autonomy of agricultural enterprises of Ukraine. Journal of Environmental Management and Tourism, 11 (7), 1634-1648 [in English].
5. Heletukha, H. (2020). Analiz kontseptsii «zelenoho» enerhetychnoho perekhodu Ukrainy do 2050 r. [Analysis of the concept of «green» energy transition of Ukraine until 2050]. Bioenerhetyka – Bioenergy, 1 (15), 38-39 [in Ukrainian].
6. Sait Derzhavnoi sluzhby statystyky Ukrainy [Site of the State statistics service of Ukraine]. ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from www.ukrstat.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
7. Ihnatenko, O.P. (2017). Bioenerhetychnyi potentsial Ukrainy ta rehionalni osoblyvosti [Bioenergy potential of Ukraine and regional features]. Ekolohichnyi visnyk – Ecological Bulletin, 3, 28-29 [in Ukrainian].
8. Kaletnik, H.M. (2018). Dyversyfikatsiia rozvytku vyrobnytstva biopalyv – osnova zabezpechennia prodovolchoi, enerhetychnoi, ekonomichnoi ta ekolohichnoi bezpeky Ukrainy [Diversification of biofuel production development is the basis for ensuring food, energy, economic and environmental security of Ukraine]. Visnyk ahrarnoi nauky – Bulletin of Agricultural Science, 11, 169-176 [in Ukrainian].
9. Nosonova, L.V. (2015). Zastosuvannia SWOT-analizu dlia vyznachennia konkurentospromozhnosti AT «Sumskyi zavod «Nasosenerhomash» [Application of SWOT-analysis to determine the competitiveness of JSC «Sumy plant» Nasosenergomash»]. Hlobalni ta natsionalni problemy ekonomiky – Global and national economic problems, 4, 506-512 [in Ukrainian].
10. Palamarenko, Ya.V. (2019). Suchasnyi stan ta perspektyvy rozvytku biohazovoi haluzi Ukrainy [Current state and prospects of development of the biogas industry of Ukraine]. Investytsii: praktyka ta dosvid – Investments: practice and experience, 21, 54-62 [in Ukrainian].
11. Pryshliak, N.V., Tokarchuk, D.M. & Palamarenko, Ya.V. (2018). Zabezpechennia enerhetychnoi ta ekolohichnoi bezpeky derzhavy za rakhunok biopalyva z bioenerhetychnykh kultur i vidkhodiv [Ensuring energy and environmental security of the state through biofuels from bioenergy crops and waste]. Vinnytsia: TOV «Konsol» [in Ukrainian].
12. Skoruk, O.P., & Tokarchuk, D.M. (2012). Ekonomichna efektyvnist vyrobnytstva i spozhyvannia biohazu: svitovyi i ukrainskyi dosvid [Economic efficiency of biogas production and consumption: world and Ukrainian experience]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Tavriiskoho derzhavnoho ahrotekhnolohichnoho universytetu. Seriia: Ekonomichni nauky – Collection of scientific works of Tavriya State Agrotechnological University. Series: Economic Sciences, 2 (18), 5, 289-298 [in Ukrainian].
13. Tokarchuk, D.M. (2018). Upravlinnia efektyvnym vykorystanniam silskohospodarskykh vidkhodiv dlia vyrobnytstva biohazu [Management of efficient use of agricultural waste for biogas production]. Oblik i finansy – Accounting and finance, 3, 81, 133-139 [in Ukrainian].
14. Furman, I.V. & Tokarchuk, D.M. (2018). Prodovolcha bezpeka ta ekonomichni zasady vyrobnytstva biopalyva [Food security and economic principles of biofuel production]. Ekonomichnyi analiz – Economic analysis, 1, 28, 168-174 [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "