THE CONCEPT OF INTEGRATED CITY DEVELOPMENT: EUROPEAN EXPERIENCE AND POSSIBILITIES OF ITS IMPLEMENTATION IN UKRAINE
GOLOVNYA Оlena – Doctor of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of International Management, Hotel and Restaurant Business and Tourism, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3, Soniachna Str., е-mail: ).
KONDRATOVA Maryna – Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Director of the Separate Structural Subdivision «Nemyriv Professional College of Construction, Economics and Design of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University» (22800, Nemyriv, 29, Gymnasium Str., e-mail: email@example.com).
The authors investigate that the leading form of territorial and socio-economic organization of modern society are cities. At the same time, cities act as drivers of socio-economic development, political prosperity and social progress and will undoubtedly be important for the formation of competitiveness in the world.
It is established that one of the documents, which was developed with the participation of representatives of common European interests and promotes to integrated urban development, is the Leipzig Charter «Cities of Europe on the path to sustainable development». The practice of participatory management helps integrated urban development. Participatory management becomes relevant in the context of decentralization and community development, in particular participatory budgeting, which is the opportunity for city residents to participate in decision-making on how to allocate a certain part of the budget.
It is analysed, that plenty of international indexes is for the quantitative and quality estimation of development of cities, that allow to explore tendencies and estimate influence of political decisions and steps that is accepted within the limits of cities for the improvement of welfare of habitants. A category ‒ «Smart City» is investigated. It is set that in rating of Smart Cities Index the first places occupy New York, London, Paris, Tokyo, Reykjavik.
Among the terms of development of the integrated cities on the basis of conception of «Smart City» the following is highlighted: introduction of networks of generation , continuous coverage of territories and access to the internet in difficult of access places, trouble-free simultaneous work in the network of enormous number of devices.
A collaboration and partnership with European societies and organizations help the Ukrainian cities in their integrated development. The theoretical and methodological basis of the study has become the scientific works of Ukrainian and foreign authors on integrated urban development based on European experience and guidelines and provisions of the European Union.
1. Dosvit. dosvit.org. Retrieved from: https://dosvit.org.ua [in English].
2. Kyivsmartcity. kyivsmartcity.com. Retrieved from: [in English].
3. Britanskiy institut standartov [British Standards Institute]. gost-snip.su. Retrieved from: [in Russian].
Haluzi maybutnoho: «rozumni» mista ta budynky [Industries of the future: «smart» cities and houses]. mind.ua. Retrieved from:
5. Galushka, Z.I, & Sobolev, V.O. (2019). Kontseptsiya intehrovanoho rozvytku mist: neobkhidnist ta mozhlyvosti zastosuvannya v Ukrayini [The concept of integrated urban development: the need and possibilities of application in Ukraine]. Problemy systemnoho pidkhodu v ekonomitsi ‒ Problems of system approach in economy, 1(1), 80-85. DOI: [in Ukrainian].
6. Holovnia, O.M. (2019). Vprovadzhennya innovatsiynykh tekhnolohiy finansuvannya sotsialnoho rozvytku [Introduction of innovative technologies for financing social development]. Ekonomika, finansy, menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky ‒ Economics, finance, management: topical issues of science and practical activity, 7 (47), 31-39 [in Ukrainian]. DOI: 10.37128/2411-4413-2019-7-4
7. Ofitsiinyi sait departamenty ekonomichnykh i sotsialʹnykh pytan OON [Official site of UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs]. un.org. Retrieved from: [in English].
8. Zvit KPMG: Krayiny ta mista-lidery z innovatsiynykh tekhnolohiy [KPMG Report: Leading Countries and Cities in Innovative Technologies]. home.kpmg/ua. Retrieved from: [in English].
9. Intehrovanyy rozvytok mist: dosvid Berlina ta Potsdama dlya Ukrayiny [Integrated urban development: the experience of Berlin and Potsdam for Ukraine]. zhitomir.ua. Retrieved from: [in Ukrainian].
10. Kaletnik, G.M., Pidvalna, O.G., & Kolesnik, T.V. (2018). Diialnist universytetiv ta innovatsiinykh struktur za yikh uchastiu yak chynnyk staloho mistsevoho ta rehionalnoho rozvytku v umovakh provedennia reformy detsentralizatsii (na prykladi NNVK «Vseukrainskyi naukovo-navchalnyi konsortsium») [Activities of universities and innovation structures for their participation as factor of sustained local and regional development in condition of the of reform of decentralization (at the example of the NNVC «All-Ukrainian Scientific and Education Consortium»)]. Ekonomika, finansy, menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky ‒ Economics, finance, management: topical issues of science and practical activity, 6 (34), 7-27 [in Ukrainian].
11. Leiptsyzka khartiia «Mista Yevropy na shliakhu staloho rozvytku» [Leipzig Charter «Cities of Europe on Sustainable Development»]. Ukhvalena z nahody neformalnoi zustrichi ministriv z pytan miskoho rozvytku i terytorialnoi yednosti, provedenoi v Leiptsygu 24-25 travnia 2007 roku – Adopted on the occasion of the Informal Meeting of Ministers for Urban Development and Territorial Unity held in Leipzig on 24-25 May 2007 [in Ukrainian].
12. Markevich, K., & Sidenko, V. (2021). Smart-infrastruktura u stalomu rozvytku mist: svitovyi dosvid ta perspektyvy Ukrainy [Smart infrastructure in sustainable urban development: world experience and prospects of Ukraine]. Kyiv: Vydavnytstvo «Zapovit» [in Ukrainian].
13. Proiekt «Kontseptsiia intehrovanoho rozvytku m. Vinnytsi do 2030 roku» [Project «Concept of integrated development of Vinnytsia until 2030»]. (n.d.). vmr.gov.ua. Retrieved from: [in Ukrainian].
14. Pronko, L.M. (2020). Naslidky provedennia reformy detsentralizatsii vlady ta perspektyvy rozvytku mistsevoho samovriaduvannia v Ukraini [Consequences of the decentralization reform and prospects for the development of local self-government in Ukraine]. Slovak international scientific journal, 43, 3, 18-25 [in English].
15. Samye innovatcionnye goroda v mire [The most innovative cities in the world]. un-sci.com/ru. Retrieved from: [in Russia].
16. Chevganova, V.Ya. (2017). Yevropeiskyi dosvid intehrovanoho rozvytku mist [European experience of integrated urban development]. Ekonomika i rehion ‒ Economy and region, 5, 10-14 [in Ukrainian].
17. Chym zhyvut «nairozumnishi mista» nashoi planety: Santader, Sinhapur i Sonhdo [What do the «smartest cities» of our planet live in: Santander, Singapore and Songdo]. world.segodnya.ua. Retrieved from: [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "