THE GREEN TOURISM AS A DIRECTION OF DEVELOPMENT OF RURAL AREAS
STAVSKA Yulia – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of International Management, Hotel and Restaurant Business and Tourism, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (Vinnytsia, 29/65 Antonov Str., e-mail: email@example.com).
Ukraine, choosing its strategic course of integration into the European Union, took the time to accelerate the reform of various spheres of socio-political and economic life of the country, in particular, the sphere of tourism services, transforming it into the standards of the European Union. The world-wide experience of progressive management gives tourism the first place among other sectors of the economy in terms of exports of goods and services. In conditions of development of the Ukrainian state, tourism becomes an effective means of forming a market mechanism of management, the receipt of significant funds to the state budget, one of the forms of rational use of free time, conducting meaningful leisure, studying the history of the native land, attracting the general population to the knowledge of the historical and cultural heritage.
Current experience and scientific research show that accelerated development of rural green tourism can play the role of a catalyst for structural adjustment of the economy, provide demographic stability and solve urgent socio-economic problems in rural areas. It is important for Ukraine to overcome the gap in this area and realize the existing rich tourism potential through an elaborate policy of state regulation, including at the regional level.
One of the reasons for the rapid development of rural green tourism in Europe is the crisis in the agricultural sector. Today, the process of productivity and automation of agriculture leads to jobs reduction. In fact, in many rural regions of Europe, agriculture has ceased to be the most important form of land use and the most important activity of the rural community.
The rural green tourism is closely linked with other types of tourism, primarily with recreational, cultural, specialized tourism types – relief, gastronomy, ethno-tourism, etc. All this allows rural tourism to be included in combined tours, increasing the demand for a traditional tourist product.
The rural green tourism in Ukraine is a holiday of the inhabitants of the city in the countryside in guest rooms created by a village family on the basis of its own residential house and private plot. As entrepreneurial activity, rural green tourism develops rather heterogeneously in different regions of Ukraine.
Systematization of motivational interests of the rural green tourism activation in the regions of Ukraine showed that the dominant motives for diversification of activities in agricultural sector in the current conditions of rural areas development are: increase of incomes of rural population and increase of employment level, the possibility of diversification of income sources of peasants, significant investments and additional training, opportunities for self-realization of rural inhabitants. Priority directions of development of green tourism in these regions in the near future should be: reception and accommodation of tourists; rental of tourist equipment; production and sale of tourist goods of folk crafts; provision of tourist services (bicycle, gastronomy, agrotourism, cultural and historical tourism, organization of recreational recreation, mountain and ecological tourism); organization of tasting and culinary excursions; active development of the hotel business, camping (construction of agricultural cottages, fishing houses, farmhouses, horse farms); organization of historical and ethnographic events; distribution of religious tours; providing a complex of widely distributed services (fishing, hunting, picking berries and mushrooms, medicinal plants, etc.); development and popularization of water sports (kiting, windsurfing).
The research of the current conditions for the development of green tourism in the regions of Ukraine allowed to outline the area of the key problems that hinder the active expansion of this type of activity:
- disorderly legislation on key aspects of tourism business regulation in rural areas; lack of a law regulating this type of activity;
- low level of development of the infrastructure of the market of green tourism services and social infrastructure of the village;
- outdated stereotypes of rural residents, which hinder the active development of the newest types of tourism industry, the pronounced unsystematic and irregular nature of services;
- absence of state programs supporting development of green tourism and limited amount of their financial, consulting and information-marketing support;
- low level of informatization and popularization of green tourism in the regions of Ukraine among the population of European countries;
- lack of political stability and social tension in society, deterioration of the world image of Ukraine.
Thus, Ukraine has a rather powerful potential for the development of green tourism as an alternative type of agribusiness in the regions of Ukraine. In the context of modern economic conditions, solving key problems of development of green tourism forms the fundamental framework for addressing the most important socio-economic issues of rural areas: overcoming unemployment, promoting employment, raising incomes and quality of life for rural inhabitants.
- Bakumenko A.A. (2011) Obg`runtuvannya perspekty`v rozvy`tku sil`s`kogo zelenogo tury`zmu v Ukrayini. [The substantiation of perspectives of development of rural green tourism in Ukraine]. Materialy` V naukovo-prakty`chnoyi konferenciyi «Tury`sty`chny`j biznes: svitovi tendenciyi ta nacional`ni priory`tety`». The materials of the V Scientific-Practical Conference "Tourist Business: World Trends and National Priorities" (pp.197-200.). Xarkiv: XNU im. V.N.Karazina, 2011. [in Ukrainian].
- Vlasenko I.V. (2017). State enterprise in rural green tourism Ukraine and abroad. Scientific Messenger LNUVMBT named after S.Z. Gzhytskyj, 19(76), pp. 26-30 [in Ukrainian].
- Geyecz` V.M. (2008). Priory`tety` nacional`nogo ekonomichnogo rozvy`tku v konteksti globalizacij ny`x vy`kly`kiv. [ Priorities of national economic development in the context of globalization challenges]. Kyyiv. nacz. torg.-ekon. un-t. [in Ukrainian].
- Holovnia O.M. (2017) Perspektyvy sfery turyzmu yak faktora socialno-ekonomichnogo zrostannya Vinnyczkoyi oblasti. [The prospects of tourism as a factor of socio-economic growth of Vinnytsia region]. Еkonomika. Finansy`. Menedzhment: aktual`ni pytannya nauky i prakty – Economy. Finances. Management: topical issues of science and practice, 10, 69-79 [in Ukrainian].
- Gorishevs`ky`j P., Vasy`l`yev Yu., Zin`ko Yu. (2003). Sil`s`ky`j zeleny`j tury`zm: organizaciya nadannya poslug gosty`nnosti. [Rural green tourism: the organization of providing hospitality services]. Ivano-Frankivs`k: Misto NV. [in Ukrainian].
- Gotra V.V. (2002). Upravlinnya formuvannyam konkurentnogo seredovy`shha pidpry`yemstv sfery` poslug . [The management of the formation of a competitive environment of service enterprises]. Candidate’s thesis. Zaporizhzhya.
- Zhukova M.A. (2006). Menedzhment u tury`sts`komu biznesi. [The management in tourism business]. M.: KNORUS. [in Russian].
- Ziemele A. (2004). Analiz suchasnogo stanu ta perspekty`vy` rozvy`tku sil`s`kogo zelenogo tury`zmu v Ukrayini. [The analysis of the current state and prospects of development of rural green tourism in Ukraine]. Tury`zm sil`s`ky`j zeleny`j. The tourism is rural green, 1, 8-13. [in Ukrainian].
- Kolektyvni zasoby rozmishhuvannya v Ukrayini u 2017 roci (2018). Statystychnyj byuleten [in Ukrainian].
- Korchynska O.O. (2013). Ocinka stanu pidpryyemnycztva u sferi silskogo zelenogo turyzmu v Ukrayini [Assessment of the state of entrepreneurship in the field of rural green tourism]. Naukovyj visnyk mizhnarodnogo gumanitarnogo universytetu, 10,139-143 [in Ukrainian].
- Koczupej V.M. (2018). Social`no-ekonomichne znachennya rozvy`tku sil`s`kogo tury`zmu v suchasny`x umovax. [The socio-economic importance of rural tourism development in modern conditions]. Materialy` naukovoyi konferenciyi "Aktual`ni problemy` ekonomiky` i torgivli v suchasny`x umovax yevrointegraciyi" – The materials of the scientific conference "Actual problems of economy and trade in modern conditions of European integration". .L`viv: LTEU (pp. 218-220). [in Ukrainian].
- Materialy Derzhavnoho ahentstva Ukrainy z turyzmu i kurortiv (2014). Retrieved from:http://tourism.gov.ua/ua/ [in Ukrainian].
- Lyzohub, V. A. & Perov, O. V. (2010). Mozhlyvosti vplyvu silskoho zelenoho turyzmu na funktsionuvannia sotsialnoi infrastruktury ahropromyslovoho kompleksu [Possibilities of the influence of rural green tourism on the functioning of the social infrastructure of the agro-industrial complex]. Visnyk yurydychnoi akademii Ukrainy im. Ya. Mudroho, 3, 64-68 [in Ukrainian].
- Paniuk T.P. & Lukomska O.I. (2016). Analiz turystychnoi haluzi Ukrainy v konteksti rozvytku silskoho zelenoho turyzmu [Analysis of tourism industry of Ukraine in the context of development of rural green tourism]. Visnyk Pryazovskoho derzhavnoho tekhnichnoho universytetu. Seriia: Ekonomichni nauky, 31 (2), 79-85 [in Ukrainian].
- Plotnikova M.F. (2018). Zelenyi turyzm yak mekhanizm bahatofunktsionalnoho rozvytku [Green tourism as a mechanism for multifunctional development] Skhidna Yevropa: ekonomika, biznes ta upravlinnia, 1, 98. Retrieved from http:// www easterneurope-rbm.in.ua [in Ukrainian].
- Lytvynenko N.U. (2008). Selo na vidpochynok [The village is on vacation]. Silski visti. Retrieved from http:// www.silskivisti.kiev.ua.
- Roglyev X.J. (2005). Sil`sky`j tury`zm - perspekty`vny`y` napryamok rozvy`tku tury`sts`koyi industriyi Ukrayiny`. [The rural tourism is a perspective direction for the development of the tourist industry of Ukraine]. Tury`zm: Teoriya i prakty`ka. , Tourism: Theory and practice, 1, 7-15. [in Ukrainian].
- Turystychna diyalnist v Ukrayini u 2017 roci (2018). Statystychnyj byuleten [in Ukrainian].
- UNWTO (2017). Tourism Highlights 2017. Available at: http://wto/WTO_highlights_2017.pdf.
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "