THE LABOR MARKET IN UKRAINE DURING THE MARTIAL LAW AND DIRECTIONS OF ITS DEVELOPMENT IN THE POST-WAR PERIOD
HONCHARUK Inna – Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor of the Department of Economics and Entrepreneurship, Vice-Rector for Scientific and Pedagogical, Scientific and Innovative Activities, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3, Soniachna Str., e-mail: email@example.com).
TOMASHUK Inna – PhD of Economics, Senior Lecturer of the Department of Economics and Entrepreneurship, Vinnytsіa National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsіa, 3, Soniachna Str., e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The article examines the problems of the labor market in Ukraine during the martial law and the prospects for its development in the post-war period. It is indicated that the biggest crisis in the labor market of Ukraine was caused by the open military attack of the russian federation on the Ukrainian state on February 24, 2022. It is noted that in the fall of 2022, the labor market was characterized by the fact that an average of 80 to 150 applicants applied for one vacancy. It has been investigated that the situation in the field of the employment and income of the economically active population has become difficult in connection with internal migration and due to the limitation of the employment opportunities. It was emphasized that in general the labor market is trying to adapt to the realities of wartime. It has been established that in connection with the difficult situation that has developed in the employment sphere of Ukraine and the significant outflow of the able-bodied population from the labor market, in particular to the ranks of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the Territorial Defense Forces, and volunteer organizations, the need for the most rational use of the workforce and ensuring a favorable level of adaptability of the working population to changes in the labor market, and this requires balanced state decisions. It has been established that due to the difficult socio-economic situation in the country, conscription into the ranks of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the outflow of the able-bodied population from the labor market is increasing, which requires a change in state policy for the rational use of labor force. It is emphasized that the competition on the labor market has increased sharply due to the limitation of the number of vacancies. It is argued that the reduction in the job offers encourages people to actively look for work. It is emphasized that one of the most important trends in the labor market has become work with remote access. It is noted that modern business strives to return to the de-occupied territories as soon as possible, adjust its work and provide the population with jobs. It is indicated that today there is an urgent need to support the mental health of the population and psychological rehabilitation of Ukrainians in connection with the war, work with posttraumatic syndrome, which will lead to the creation of a large number of social jobs. It was emphasized that the citizens of Ukraine do not lose their optimism about the rapid passing of the crisis in the Ukrainian economy and about the prospects for the recovery of the economy in the post-war period, in particular, the stabilization of the situation on the labor market. It is noted that most Ukrainians in the post-war period aim to open their own business, which will provide an opportunity to get a permanent job and cause personal professional development and stable income. Programs for stabilization of the labor market in Ukraine in the post-war period are outlined. The logical-structural model of the state regulation of the labor market is given. It was concluded that the process of the post-war economic reconstruction will cause changes in regional specialization and structural transformation of the domestic economy, which will lead to increased labor mobility.
1. Atroshchenko, A. (2022). Robota v Ukraini u nastupni try roky: na shcho ochikuvaty ta yak diiaty [Work in Ukraine in the next three years: what to expect and how to act]. speka.media. Retrieved from: https://speka.media/trendi-tarekomendaciyi-shhodo-roboti-maibutnyogo-v-ukrayini-do-2025-roku-pid-vplivomnaslidkiv-povnomasstabnoyi-viini-p1oqdv [in Ukrainian].
2. Blyzniuk, V.V., & Yatsenko, L.D. (2022). Rynok pratsi Ukrainy v umovakh viiny [The labor market of Ukraine in the conditions of war]. Russian-Ukrainian war (2014–2022): historical, political, cultural-educational, religious, economic, and legal aspects: Scientific monograph. Riga, Latvia: «Baltija Publishing», 1106-1113. DOI: https://doi.org/10.30525/978-9934-26-223-4-137 [in Ukrainian].
3. Blyzniuk, V.V. (2020). Rynok pratsi Ukrainy: protsesy derzhavnoho rehuliuvannia ta rozvytku [Labor market of Ukraine: processes of state regulation and development]. Doctor’s thesis. Kyiv: State Institution «Institute of Economics and Forecasting of NASU» [in Ukrainian].
4. Honcharuk, I.V., & Tomashuk, I.V. (2022). Resursnyi potentsial silskykh terytorii: stan ta napriamy zmitsnennia [Resource potential of rural areas: state and directions of strengthening]. Vinnytsia: TOV «Tvory» [in Ukrainian].
5. Derzhavna sluzhba zainiatosti Ukrainy. Analitychna ta statystychna informatsiia [State Employment Service of Ukraine. Analytical and statistical information]. dcz.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://www.dcz.gov.ua/analitics/67 [in Ukrainian].
6. Zhyrii, K. (2022). Viina zminiuie rynok pratsi: yak derzhavi razom z ukraintsiamy poboroty bezrobittia [The war is changing the labor market: how the state, together with Ukrainians, can combat unemployment]. unian.ua. Retrieved from: https://www.unian.ua/economics/finance/viyna-zminyuye-rinok-praci-yakderzhavi-razom-z-ukrajincyami-poboroti-bezrobittya-novini-ukrajina-11946903.html [in Ukrainian].
7. Zanuda, A. (2022). Rynok pratsi maibutnoho: koho shukatymut i zvilniatymut [The labor market of the future: who will be sought and fired]. bbc.com. Retrieved from: https://www.bbc.com/ukrainian/features-55816369 [in Ukrainian].
8. Kaletnik, G.M., & Mazur, A.H. (2016). Naukovo-teoretychni zasady formuvannia ta rozvytku liudskoho kapitalu v silskykh terytoriiakh [Scientific and theoretical foundations of formation and development of human capital in rural areas]. Ekonomika, finansy, menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky – Economy, finance, management: topical issues of science and practical activity, 10 (22), 7-25 [in Ukrainian].
9. Kyivskyi, O. (2022). Tendentsii rynku pratsi Ukrainy u 2022 rotsi ta na shcho varto spodivatysia shukacham roboty u 2023 [Trends in the labor market of Ukraine in 2022 and what job seekers should expect in 2023]. uprom.info. Retrieved from: https://uprom.info/news/tendencziyi-rynku-praczi-ukrayiny-u-2022-roczi-ta-na-shho-varto-spodivatysya-shukacham-roboty-u-2023/ [in Ukrainian].
10. Liubomudrova, N.P., & Hoichuk, V.I. (2022). Zminy na rynku pratsi v umovakh voiennoho stanu ta perspektyvy pisliavoiennoho vidnovlennia [Changes in the labor market under martial law and prospects for post-war recovery]. Ekonomika ta suspilstvo – Economy and society, 40. DOI: https://doi.org/10.32782/2524- 0072/2022-40-31. Retrieved from: https://economyandsociety.in.ua/index.php/journal/article/view/1462 [in Ukrainian].
11. Maibutnie rynku pratsi. Protyborstvo tendentsii, yaki budut formuvaty roboche seredovyshche v 2030 rotsi [The future of the labor market. Countering the trends that will shape the work environment in 2030]. pwc.com. Retrieved from: https://www.pwc.com/ua/uk/survey/2018/workforce-of-the-future-ukr.pdf [in Ukrainian].
12. «Neraiduzhnyi» stan rynku pratsi ta perspektyvy yoho vidnovlennia pislia viiny [The «bleak» state of the labor market and prospects for its recovery after the war]. ukrinform.ua. Retrieved from: https://www.ukrinform.ua/rubriceconomy/3574736-nerajduznij-stan-rinku-praci-ta-perspektivi-jogo-vidnovlennapisla-vijni.html [in Ukrainian].
13. Ofitsiinyi sait Derzhavnoi sluzhby statystyky Ukrainy [Official website of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/operativ2018/gdn/Fop_ed/Arch_Fop_ed_u.htm [in Ukrainian].
14. Pyshchulina, O., & Markevych, K. (2022). Rynok pratsi v umovakh viiny: osnovni tendentsii ta napriamy stabilizatsii. Analitychna zapyska [The labor market in the conditions of war: main trends and directions of stabilization. Analytical note]. razumkov.org.ua. Retrieved from: https://razumkov.org.ua/images/2022/07/18/2022- ANALIT-ZAPIS-PISHULINA-2.pdf [in Ukrainian].
15. Rynok pratsi Ukrainy v umovakh voiennoho stanu: deiaki analitychni otsinky [The labor market of Ukraine under martial law: some analytical assessments]. (2022). niss.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://niss.gov.ua/news/komentari-ekspertiv/rynok-pratsi-ukrayiny-v-umovakhvoyennoho-stanu-deyaki-analitychni-otsinky [in Ukrainian].
16. Rynok pratsi v umovakh viiny: tendentsii ta perspektyvy [The labor market in the conditions of war: trends and prospects]. (2022). niss.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://niss.gov.ua/news/komentari-ekspertiv/rynok-pratsi-v-umovakh-viynytendentsiyi-ta-perspektyvy [in Ukrainian].
17. Rynok pratsi v umovakh viiny: shcho pokazav 2022-y i na shcho chekaty vid tsoho roku [The labor market in conditions of war: what 2022 showed and what to expect from this year]. (2022). telegraf.com.ua. Retrieved from: https://telegraf.com.ua/ukr/jekonomika-i-finansy/2023-01-16/5775601-rynok-trudav-usloviyakh-voyny-chto-pokazal-2022-y-i-chego-zhdat-ot-etogo-goda [in Ukrainian].
18. Tomashuk, I., & Baldynyuk, V. (2022). International labor migration in the context of geo-economic transformation. Three Seas Economic Journal, 3, 1, 203- 216. DOI: https://doi.org/10.30525/2661-5150/2022-1-29 [in English].
19. Tomashuk, I.V., & Boltovska, L.L. (2022). Mihratsiini protsesy u konteksti hlobalizatsii svitovoi ekonomiky [Migration processes in the context of globalization of the world economy]. Ekonomika ta suspilstvo – Economy and society, 40. DOI: https://doi.org/10.32782/2524-0072/2022-40-50. Retrieved from: https://economyandsociety.in.ua/index.php/journal/article/view/1484/1430 [in Ukrainian].
20. Tendentsii ta ryzyky mistsevoho ekonomichnoho rozvytku v umovakh viiny: zvit za rezultatamy sotsiolohichnoho doslidzhennia (metodom fokushrupovykh interviu) u terytorialnykh hromadakh Lvivskoi oblasti [Trends and risks of local economic development in the conditions of war: a report based on the results of a sociological study (by the method of focus group interviews) in the territorial communities of the Lviv region]. decentralization.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://decentralization.gov.ua/uploads/attachment/document/1213/LED_Repor t_Focus_Group_Lviv_2022.pdf [in Ukrainian].
21. Trendy ta rekomendatsii shchodo roboty maibutnoho v Ukraini do 2025 roku pid vplyvom naslidkiv povnomasshtabnoi viiny [Trends and recommendations for future work in Ukraine until 2025 under the influence of the consequences of a full-scale war]. careerhub.in.ua. Retrieved from: https://careerhub.in.ua/trendi-tarekomendacii-shhodo-roboti-ma/ [in Ukrainian].
22. Yak pandemiia ta viina vplynuly na dystantsiinu robotu: analiz rynku 2019- 2022 roky [How the pandemic and war affected remote work: market analysis 2019- 2022]. cases.media. Retrieved from: https://cases.media/article/yak-pandemiya-taviina-vplinuli-na-distanciinu-robotu-analiz-rinku-2019-2022-roki [in Ukrainian].
23. Yarmoliuk, A. (2022). Rynok pratsi pid chas viiny: yak orhanizuvaty HR protsesy u kompaniiakh? [The labor market during the war: how to organize HR processes in companies?] blog.liga.net. Retrieved from: https://blog.liga.net/user/ayarmoliuk/article/rinok-pratsi-pid-chas-viyni-yakorganizuvati-hr-protsesi-u-kompaniyah. [in Ukrainian].
24. Pro orhanizatsiiu trudovykh vidnosyn v umovakh voiennoho stanu: Zakon Ukrainy № 2136-IX [On the Organization of Labor Relations in Martial Law: Law of Ukraine № 2136-IX]. (2022, March 15). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2136-20#Text [in Ukrainian].
25. Deiaki pytannia oplaty pratsi pratsivnykiv derzhavnykh orhaniv, orhaniv mistsevoho samovriaduvannia, pidpryiemstv, ustanov ta orhanizatsii, shcho finansuiutsia abo dotuiutsia z biudzhetu, v umovakh voiennoho stanu: Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy № 221 [Some issues of remuneration of employees of state bodies, local self-government bodies, enterprises, institutions and organizations financed or subsidized from the budget, in conditions of martial law: Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine № 221]. (2022, July 3). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/221-2022-п#Text [in Ukrainian].
26. Deiaki pytannia reiestratsii, perereiestratsii bezrobitnykh ta vedennia obliku osib, yaki shukaiut robotu, narakhuvannia ta vyplaty dopomohy po bezrobittiu na period voiennoho stanu: Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy № 334 [Some issues of registration, re-registration of the unemployed and keeping records of persons looking for work, calculation and payment of unemployment benefits for the period of martial law: Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine № 334]. (2022, March 19). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/334-2022-п#Text [in Ukrainian].
27. Pro zatverdzhennia Poriadku nadannia robotodavtsiu kompensatsii vytrat na oplatu pratsi za pratsevlashtuvannia vnutrishno peremishchenykh osib vnaslidok provedennia boiovykh dii pid chas voiennoho stanu v Ukraini. Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy vid 20 bereznia 2022 r. № 331 [On the approval of the Procedure for providing the employer with compensation for labor costs for the employment of internally displaced persons as a result of hostilities during martial law in Ukraine. Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated March 20, 2022 № 331]. zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/331-2022- п#Text [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "