THE ROLE OF MARKETING RESEARCH TO PROVIDE EFFICIENCY OF THE ENTERPRISES
KHRAPKINA Valentyna Valentynivna – Doctor of Economics, Professor, National University of “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy”, Faculty of Economics, Department of Marketing and Business Management, Professor (Kyiv, 10, Voloska Str., email@example.com)
KUZNIETSOVA Kateryna Vitaliivna – Master of National University “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy” (Kyiv, 10, Voloska Str., e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
It is generally recognized that marketing research determines and/or adjusts the decision-making stages at the enterprise, which ultimately determines the profit or loss from the activity. There has been a slight increase in the volume of marketing research in the hryvnia equivalent on Ukrainian market in recent years. For a complete determination of the sectoral distribution and future trends of this market development, it is advisable to supplement the classification of marketing research and to find out the mutual influence on the results of economic activity.
The marketing research has been investigated by foreign researchers, such as I. Ansoff, P. Dixon, F. Kotler, M. Porter, and D. Saunders. Domestic scientists, including S. Garkavenko, Y. Krykavskyy, І.Lylyk, P. Pererva, T. Reshetilova, A. Starostina, Y. Yakovets also concentrated on these issues. However, some aspects of marketing research for ensuring the effective operation of enterprises need to be improved and further developed.
The of the article is to study the nature of marketing research, generalize and add classification. Besides, the aim is to determine and to monitor market research in Ukraine and their impact on the results of economic activity of enterprises.
In the article defined the marketing research as a process of recognizing a problem, collecting, identifying, and interpreting data. It should be in accordance with the purpose of the study to make a decision or confirmation of a previously approved one. It has been summarized the classification according to the subject of the study: research of market and counteragents, research of the marketing environment, research of the complex of marketing instruments.
It has been stated that marketing research should be systematic and complex. It is necessary to identify the problem and opportunities for further decision. Besides, it also needs to consider marketing research as a coherent and pre-planned process to cover most aspects of the subject.
The Ukrainian market of marketing research in 2017 has undergone significant changes. According to the Ukrainian Association of Marketing (UAM), the turnover of the market in 2017 amounted to about 992.07 million UAH. or $ 35.35 million . It was observed that peak volumes of Ukrainian market were in 2008 and 2013. However, the smallest mark of UAH 32.3 million was in 2016. It should be noted that the volume of the market has been growing in the hryvnia equivalent throughout the period under study. The results of the analysis show a general growth of the market by 9.3% in 2017 compared to the previous one.
The food industry, beer and low-alcohol beverage producers, and the perfume industry play significant role on the business-to-consumer (B2C) market. This market takes the largest share of marketing researches. Thus, in 2016, the category of the food industry had almost 10% in a whole structure; in 2017 the category has been increasing to 13.4%. Producers of tobacco products showed a significant increase from 3.23% to 8.20%.
In the sectoral distribution of marketing research, the B2B market has a relatively small share, but in 2017 it was already 27.58%. The pharmaceutical industry has been growing significantly from 10.4% in 2016 to 18.7% in 2017 .
The existence of the link between the conducted marketing researches and increase of profit at the enterprises has been defined. It has been included the following areas: industry; wholesale and retail trade; information and telecommunications; financial and insurance activities; professional, scientific and technical activities.
To summarize, the marketing researches ensure the effective functioning of the company in the market through the detection of problems, search, and collection of relevant data for decision making. It is appropriate to consider marketing research according to the category of customers - B2B and B2C, or by sectoral distribution. The growth of the Ukrainian market of marketing research has shown the gradual increase in demand, and the growth of its role for modern enterprises in the recent years.
Keywords: marketing research, market of marketing research, B2B market, B2C market, customers of marketing research, results of economic activity.
- Lylyk, I.V. (2015). Rynok marketynhovuh doslidzhen v Ukraini v 2014 rotsi: ekspertna otsinka ta analiz UAM [The Ukrainian market of marketing research in 2014: expert estimation an analysis of UAM]. Marketynhovi doslidzhennia – Marketing researches, 1, 4-26 [in Ukrainian].
- ICC/ESOMAR International Code on Market and Social Research (n.d.). cdn.iccwbo.org. Retrieved from https://cdn.iccwbo.org/content/uploads/sites/3/2008/01/ESOMAR-INTERNATIONAL-CODE-ON-MARKET-AND-SOCIAL-RESEARCH.pdf.
- Karasev, A.P. Marketinhovye isledovania [Marketing researches]. Moskow: Yurait [in Russian].
- Garkavenko, S.S. (2008). Marketynh [Marketing]. Kyiv: Libra [in Ukrainian].
- Starostina, A.O. (2009). Marketynh [Marketing]. Kyiv: Znannia [in Ukrainian].
- Reshetilova, T.B. (2015). Marketynhovi doslidzhennia [Marketing researches]. Dnipropetsovsk: NHU. Retrieved from http://http://mk.nmu.org.ua [in Ukrainian].
- Zhehus, O.V., & Partsyrna, T.M. (2016). Marketynhovi doslidzhennia [Marketing researches]. Kharkiv: FOP Ivanchenko I.S. [in Ukrainian].
- Lylyk, I.V. (2018). Rynok marketynhovuh doslidzhen v Ukraini v 2017 rotsi: ekspertna otsinka ta analiz UAM [The Ukrainian market of marketing research in 2017: expert estimation an analysis of UAM]. Marketynh v Ukraini – Marketing in Ukraine, 1, 4-26. Retrieved from http://uam.in.ua/upload/iblock/f9d/f9d7f27ec907c4d1f18dcf61173842ac.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Chystyi prybutok (zbytok) pidpryiemstv za vydamy ekonomichnoi diialnosti u 2017 rotsi [Net profit (loss) of enterprises by types of economic activity in 2017]. (n.d.). ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from
- http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/operativ2017/fin/chpr/chpr_ed/chpr_ed_u/chpr_ed_1217_u.htm [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "