THE ROLE OF MATHEMATICAL EDUCATION IN PROFESSIONAL TRAINING OF SPECIALISTS FOR THE TOURISM SECTOR
NOVYTSKA Lyudmyla – Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Mathematics, Physics and Computer Technologies, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3 Soniachna Str., e-mail: email@example.com).
At the current stage of social and economic development of Ukraine, the processes of globalization, integration and informatization of society raise qualitatively new challenges in the field of higher education.
Ukraine has recently been focusing on European countries, which consider the tourism sector as a priority area for their economic development. This area of investment is very attractive, creates new jobs and is characterized by a high level of efficiency. Therefore, the socio-economic success of the country as a whole depends on the professional training of future tourists.
The basis for the development of specialist-tourist skills is mathematical disciplines, including the discipline "Higher and Applied Mathematics". There is an intensive process of mathematization of knowledge, involving mathematical apparatus in the study of natural sciences, humanities, economics and social sciences, which in turn forms a certain level of mathematical culture of students of universities.
The purpose of teaching the course "Higher and Applied Mathematics" is to provide students with basic knowledge of mathematics, which enable them to further master the professional disciplines based on mathematical concepts. In this case, considerable attention should be paid to the formation of practical skills, the ability to apply mathematical methods when solving the tasks of professional activity.
One of the tools for improving the quality of mathematical education for students-tourists is to update the content of courses that are read in the context of the future profession and modern socio-economic order.
When considering a particular material, the idea of its connection with the future profession should be put on the foreground. In this regard, the course "Higher and Applied Mathematics" for students-tourists VNAU contains several critical sections covering all the main areas of application of mathematical methods in the tourism sector. Teaching is carried out in accordance with the typical curriculum for higher education institutions in the discipline "Higher and Applied Mathematics" for the specialty "Tourism", developed by the teachers of the Department of Mathematics, Physics and Computer Technologies, VNU taking into account the principle of professional orientation.
Given the fact that for students the most important is the practical aspect of mathematics, the purpose of the course is to familiarize with the basic concepts and methods of studying modern mathematics necessary for further study of professional disciplines, as well as the formation of skills for the correct mathematical formulation of applied problems and the construction of simple mathematical models.
The solution of many applications is due to cumbersome mathematical calculations, the need to visually present the results of calculations, check them, so it is advisable to use computer mathematical systems, in particular, Maccats, in practical classes in mathematics. Teachers of the Department of Mathematics of Physics and Computer Technologies are the ones who prefer it. To work with Mathcad, there are basic elementary skills in working with Windows applications, so you need to implement this environment from the first lessons when studying topics such as Linear Algebra, Differential and Integral Computing, Elements of Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics.
The use of information and communication technologies (ICT) in the educational process greatly enhances the opportunities of both the teacher and the student's cognitive abilities. ICTs allow to visualize and dynamize the process of studying the discipline "Higher and Applied Mathematics", to personalize and direct the educational process for the comprehensive development of personality, to substantially increase the volume, sources of receipt and the nature of the information necessary for a person, the means of its processing.
They can have a significant impact on the methodology of holding higher and applied mathematics classes, requiring the teacher to use electronic textbooks, lecture notes, practical work, the testing system for assessing student knowledge, and global sources of information. They also facilitate the organization of effective independent work in non-attendance time for students.
It should be noted that to date there are quite a few tutorials, collections of tasks that contain applied tasks that can be considered at lectures and practical classes on higher and applied mathematics. Work on the creation of such methodological materials is conducted, in particular, at the Department of Mathematics, Physics and Computer Technologies.
Thus, changing requirements for a specialist in the field of tourism, which is conditioned by modernity, requires a permanent rearrangement of the structural elements of its preparation. Fundamental disciplines to a large extent are applied, and therefore a qualitative assimilation of basic and basic concepts of mathematical disciplines will contribute to the competitiveness and qualitative training of the future specialist.
- Dzhedzhula, O.M., Huts, V.V., Koshelnyk, V.A. (2016). Profesiina pidhotovka fakhivtsiv v ahrarnykh vuzakh yak faktor zabezpechennia rozvytku APK Ukrainy [Professional training of specialists in agrarian higher education institutions as a factor for the development of agro-industrial complex of Ukraine]. Profesiina pidhotovka fakhivtsiv v konteksti potreb suchasnoho rynku pratsi – Professional training of specialists in the context of the needs of the modern labor market, 191-198. Retrieved from http://repository.vsau.org/getfile.php/12329.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Haluzevyi standart vyshchoi osvity Ukrainy (HSVOU) 6.140103-12. K.: Ministerstvo osvity i nauky, molodi ta sportu Ukrainy, 2012, 17.
- Tryus, Yu.V., & Baklanova, M.L. (2005). Problemy i perspektyvy vyshchoi matematychnoi osvity [Problems and prospects of higher mathematical education]. Dydaktyka matematyky: problemy i doslidzhennia – Didactics of Math: Problems and Research, 23, 16-26 [in Ukrainian].
- &Levchuk, O.V., & Novytska, L.I. (2018). Matematychne modeliuvannia yak metod formuvannia hotovnosti maibutnikh ekolohiv vyrishuvaty profesiini zavdannia v ahrarnii haluzi [Mathematical modeling as a method of forming the readiness of future ecologists to solve professional problems in the agrarian sector]. Naukovi zapysky Vinnytskoho derzhavnoho pedahohichnoho universytetu imeni Mykhaila Kotsiubynskoho. Seriia: Pedahohika i psykholohiia – Scientific notes of the Vinnytsia State Pedagogical University named after Mikhail Kotsiubynsky. Series: Pedagogy and Psychology, 54, 106-111. DOI https://doi.org/10.32843/2663-6085- 2019-14-1-17 [in Ukrainian].
- Dubchak, V.M., & Novytska, L.I. (2016). Osoblyvosti matematychnoi pidhotovky studentiv ahrarnykh VNZ [Features of mathematical training students of agrarian universities]. Profesiina pidhotovka fakhivtsiv v ahrarnykh vuzakh yak faktor zabezpechennia rozvytku APK Ukrainy [Professional training of specialists in agrarian higher education institutions as a factor for the development of agro-industrial complex of Ukraine]. Profesiina pidhotovka fakhivtsiv v konteksti potreb suchasnoho rynku pratsi – Professional training of specialists in the context of the needs of the modern labor market, 149-158. Retrieved from http://repository.vsau.org/getfile.php/12329.pdf. https://doi.org/10.20534/ejeap-16-2-7-9 [in Ukrainian].
- Levchuk,O.V., Dzis', V.H., Novyts'ka L.I (2013). Vyshcha matematyka z vykorystannyam MATHCAD [Higher mathematics using MATHCAD].Vinnytsya: VNAU, 130 [in Ukrainian].
- Levchuk, O.V., & Novyts'ka L.I. (2017). Dydaktychni osoblyvosti tekhnolohii vykorystannia systemy Mathcad v matematychnii pidhotovtsi fakhivtsiv ahrarnoi haluzi [Didactic peculiarities of the technology of using the Mathcad system in mathematical training of specialists in the agrarian sector]. Ekonomika. Finansy. Menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky – Economics. Finances. Management: topical issues of science and practice, 3 (19), 78-89 [in Ukrainian].
- Gusak, l., Levchuk, O. (2018). Rol informatsiino-komunikatsiinykh tekhnolohii u protsesi formuvannia matematychnoi kompetentnosti maibutnikh ekonomistiv [The role of information and communication technologies in the process of forming the mathematical competence of future economists]. Naukovyi visnyk Uzhhorodskoho universytetu. Seriia: «Pedahohika. Sotsialna robota» – Scientific herald of Uzhgorod University. Ser: ”Pedagogy. Social work”. Collection of scientific works, 1(42), 49-53. https://doi.org/10.24144/2524-0609.2018.42.49-52 [in Ukrainian].
- Tsetsyk, S.P. (2011). Pedahohichni umovy zabezpechennia profesiinoi spriamovanosti matematychnoi pidhotovky studentiv ekolohichnykh spetsalnostei [Pedagogical conditions of professional orientation of mathematical training of environmental specialties students]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Kyiv: Instytut vyshchoi osvity NAPN Ukrainy [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "