THE ROLE OF TERMINOLOGY IN FORMING THE LANGUAGE AND PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCY OF ECONOMIC PROFILE SPESIALISTS
TYMKOVA Valentyna – Candidate of Philological Sciences, Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Ukrainian and Foreign Languages, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3 Soniachna Str., e-mail: email@example.com).
The article states that the organization of modern production and commercial structures, changes in the political and economic life of our state contribute to the active replenishment of the Ukrainian language with the new terms of the economic sphere. It is noted that at the present stage, foreign-language borrowings take a significant place in the lexical composition of the Ukrainian literary language, because in general appearing of borrowings in terminology is a natural process common for all languages of the world. There remain actual proposals that the full development of a given terminology system is possible only under the condition the balance of national and international components is preserved. New economic terms have filled our language and at present time, this tendency is preserved. It has been found out that having a significant word-formation and lexical vocabulary, the Ukrainian language can present such subtle shades of meanings that can not be represented in other words. It has been proved that this contributes to the selection of a successful national term, therefore, it is not necessary to abuse our language with foreign-language words.
An important role in the preparation of a language-competent specialist belongs to the language, in particular, to such an important its branch as terminology. It is known that terminological vocabulary plays an important role in the vocabulary of the Ukrainian literary language. It is the indicator of the development level of scientific vocabulary in society and, as a result, of science in general. Terminological vocabulary is a kind of barometer that determines the level of vocational education, since rich and branched terminology is undoubtedly one of the important indicators of the level of vocational education in the state.
The vocabulary of the economic profile is that part of the vocabulary of the language, which includes the concepts denoting the names of objects, phenomena, processes of socio-economic life. It is connected with relevant sciences and spheres of economic life - management, marketing, finance, law, production, taxation, statistics, insurance, etc. To one of the main sources of the formation of modern Ukrainian economic vocabulary belong foreign language borrowings.
At the same time, at the Ukrainian language professionally-oriented classes of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University, in the process of teaching economic terminology, much attention is paid to the Ukrainian terms, which determine the national specificity of the Ukrainian language, for example: funds, estimates, cost, purchase, sale, etc., to their formation and correct use in professional language.
In the modern world, terminology plays an important role in people’s communicating as it is a powerful source of information. Besides, terminology is a part of the vocabulary that is extremely sensitive to external influences. The maximum number of foreign language borrowings is recorded in those areas where the closest interaction of languages and cultures occurs. This is primarily economy. Modern economic terminology is being renewed, improved according to the development and improvement of the economic sphere.
The process of correlation of national and foreign-language components in the system of Ukrainian financial and economic terminology is especially felt today, when the dynamics of borrowing English-language terminology units as special names of new phenomena and concepts has become much more active. At the same time, we observe a tendency towards excessive usage of borrowings of English-speaking origin in financial and economic terminology, unjustified usage of foreign language units under the condition of existing the autochthonous correspondences with the same meaning. Therefore, the need for a professional evaluation of English term usage in the financial and economic terminology of the Ukrainian language is in time.
- Arkhypenko, L.M. (2005). Inshomovnі leksychnі zapozychennia v ukrainskіi movі: etapy і stupenі adaptatsіi [Foreign lexical borrowings in the Ukrainian language: stages and adaptation levels]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Kharkiv: V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University [in Ukrainian].
- Kyiak, T. (2008). Movna polіtyka. Svіtovyi dosvіd, ukrainskі realіi [Language policy. World experience, Ukrainian realities]. Naukovі zapysky Kіrovohradskoho DPU іm. V. Vynnychenka. Serіia: Fіlolohіchnі nauky (movoznavstvo) – Scientific Papers of Volodymyr Vynnychenko Kirovohrad Ukrainian State Pedagogical University. Philological Sciences. Linguisdics, 75 (2), 199-204. doi:10.18662/rrem/165 [in Ukrainian].
- Lapіnska O.M. Ekstralіnhvіstychnі chynnyky zapozychen anhlіtsyzmіv u suchasnіi ukrainskіi movі [Extralinguistic factors of modern Ukrainian language borrowings]. Retrieved from www.nbuv.gov.ua/portal/Soc_Gum/dlgum /2010 pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Yartsevа, V.N. (Eds.) (1990). Lingvisticheskiy entsiklopedicheskiy slovar [Linguistic encyclopedic dictionary]. Moscow [in Russian].
- Onufriienko, H. (2009). Naukovyi styl ukraiinskoii movy [Scientific style of the Ukrainian language]. Kyiv: CEL, 2009, 392 [in Ukrainian].
- Panko, T.I., Kochan, I.M. & Matsiuk, H.P. (1994). Ukrainske termіnoznavstvo [Ukrainian terminology]. Lvіv: Svіt [in Ukrainian].
- Rozental, D.E. & Telenkova, M.A. (1985). Slovar-spravochnik lingvisticheskih terminov [Linguistic terms dictionary]. Moscow [in Russian].
- Amurzhuev, O.V. (Eds.) (1992). Slovar delovogo cheloveka [Businessman dictionary]. Moscow [in Russian].
- Melnychuk, O.S. (Eds.) (1974). Slovnyk іnshomovnykh slіv [Foreign words dictionary]. Kyiv: USE [in Ukrainian].
- Toma, N. (2008). Zapozychennia z anhlіiskoi movy v suchasnіi ukrainskіi ekonomіchnіi termіnolohіi [Borrowing from English to modern Ukrainian economic terminology]. Retrieved from http://old.pinchukfund.org/ storage/ students/ works / 2008 / 460. doc [in Ukrainian].
- Turovska, L.V. (2009). Intehratsіia іnshomovnykh leksem u suchasnu ukrainsku termіnolohіiu [Integration of foreign language words into modern Ukrainian terminology]. Naukovі pratsі Chornomorskoho derzhavnoho unіversytetu іm. Petra Mohyly. Serіia: Fіlolohіia. Movoznavstvo. – Scientific Papers of Petro Mohyla Black Sea State University. Philology. Linguistics, Vol. 98, Issue 85, 129-132 [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "