UKRAINIAN LAND MARKET MODEL – EXCLUSIVE OR «HYBRID» OF THE LATIFUNDIST MODEL?
ZAKHARCHENKO Volodymyr – Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor of the Department of Administrative Management and Alternative Energy Sources, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnytsia, 3, Soniachna Str., e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The article considers topical issues of land reform in Ukraine in the context of the introduction of the Ukrainian model of the agricultural land market (AL). The purpose of the study is a comparative analysis of the official and author's models of the market turnover of ALs in order to increase the strengths and neutralize the weaknesses of the first of them and turn it into an exclusive model, rather than a copy of the worst variants of the baseline models. It is shown that the state model, which is practiced in Israel, China and other countries, is based on lease land relations - between the state, as the owner of the land, and collective agricultural enterprises, and these relations are regulated by the state land authority. It is determined that the farming model, as the most common and effective, has in its basis a private form of ownership of land, which is cultivated mainly by small and medium farms, and lease land relations are complemented by the market. And these relations, as in Poland, are regulated by state and self-governing bodies. It has been established that the latifundist model of the AL market is also based on private ownership of land, but the main market entities are not farms, but agricultural holdings. Within the framework of this model, land relations between the market entities are oriented mainly on land grabbing and are usually regulated by the general competence authorities. In general, this model is the most threatening to the food security of many countries where it is practiced, such as Madagascar, and the sustainable development of their rural areas. It is justified that the Ukrainian model of the AL market from July 21, 2021 to January 1, 2024 will have many signs of a farming model. But since then, it should not become a «hybrid» of the latifundist, but a combined version of the farm and state models. At the same time, the emphasis should be placed not on the privatization of land, but on their effective use, based on the advantages of the lease form of the land circulation, which are associated with the introduction of long-term lease, increasing its price and transferring to the electronic form.
1. Kaletnik, G.M., Kozlovskyi, S.V., & Tsikhanovska, V.M. (2012). Perspektyvy rozavytku zemelnykh vidnosyn ta rynku zemli v Ukraini [Prospects of land relations and land market in Ukraine]. Ahrosvit – Agrosvit world, 12,2-6 [in Ukrainian].
2. Levek, R., Khodakivska, O.V., & Yurchenko, I.V. (2017). Modeli rehuliuvannia rynkovoho obihu zemel silskohospodarskoho pryznachennia v krainakh Yevropeiskoho Soiuzu [Models of regulation of market turnover of agricultural land in the countries of the European Union]. Ekonomika APK – Economy of Agro-industrial complex, 10, 5-12 [in Ukrainian].
3. Khodakivska, O.V., & Yurchenko, I.V. (2019). Rynkovyi obih zemel silskohospodarskoho pryznachennia v Izraili [Market turnover of agricultural land in Israel]. Ekonomika APK – Economy of Agro-industrial complex, 2, 84-92. DOI: https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.201902084 [in Ukrainian].
4. Sheludko, R.M., & Hoptsii, D.O. (2019). Rehuliuvannia obihu zemel silskohospodarskoho pryznachennia: poshuk ukrainskoi modeli [Regulation of agricultural land turnover: search for the Ukrainian model]. Ukrainskyy zhurnal prykladnoi ekonomiky ta texniky – Ukrainian Journal of Applied Economics and Techniques, 4, 41-51. DOI: https://doi.org/10.36887/2415-8453-2019-4-5 [in Ukrainian].
5. Petruk, O.V. (2016). Reformuvannia zemelnykh vidnosyn u Kytai ta Vietnami: dosvid dlia Ukrainy [Land reform in China and Vietnam: experience for Ukraine]. Aktualni problemy derzhavnoho upravlinnia – Actual problems of public administration, 1, 196-202 [in Ukrainian].
6. Myhdal, O. (2017). Zemelna reforma – osnovni aktsenty [Land reform – main accents]. Vzglyad yurista: yuridicheskij blog kompanii Jurimex – View of a lawyer: legal blog of Jurimex. Retrieved from: http://jurblog.com.ua/2017/08/zemelna-reforma-osnovni-aktsenti/ [in Ukrainian].
7. Lomakovych, V., Unkovska, T., Ilchenko, V., & Bohdan, T. Rynok zemli: isnuiuchi zahrozy dlia Ukrainy ta neobkhidni zapobizhnyky [Land market: existing threats to Ukraine and necessary fuses]. growford.org.ua. Retrieved from: https://www.growford.org.ua/research/analitychna-dopovid-rynok-zemli-isnuyuchi-zagrozy-dlya-ukrayiny-ta-neobhidni-zapobizhnyky/ [in Ukrainian].
8. Lenin, V.I. (1972). Imperializm i rozkol sotsializmu [Imperialism and the Split of Socialism]. Complete works. T. 30. Kyiv: Politvydav Ukrainy (pp. 32-34) [in Ukrainian].
9. Stadvell, D. (2013). Aziatskaya model upravleniya: Udachi i provaly samogo dinamichnogo regiona v mire [Asian management model: Good luck and failures of the most dynamic region in the world]. Moskva: Alpina Didzhital. Retrieved from: https://monster-book.com/download_link/18197 [in Russian].
10. Belarusskiy prezident raskritikoval zemelnuyu reformu v Ukraine [The Belarusian president criticized the land reform in Ukraine] (2020). ukrrudprom. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrrudprom.com/news/Belaruskiy_prezident_ raskritikoval_zemelnuyu_reformu_v_Ukraine.html [in Russian].
11. Kushch, A. (2017). Zemelnyy vopros. Kabmin reshil nachat reformu s sobstvennogo ogoroda [The Cabinet of Ministers decided to start reform from its own garden]. Delovaya stolitsa – Business capital. Retrieved from: http://www.dsnews.ua/economics/zemelnyy-vopros-pochemu-u-ukrainy-nepoluchaetsya- navesti-08062017220000 [in Russian].
12. Heiets, V.M. (2009). Suspilstvo, derzhava, ekonomika: fenomenolohiia vzaiemodii ta rozvytku [Society, state, economy: phenomenology of interaction and development]. Kyiv: Instytut ekonomiky ta prohnozuvannia NAN Ukrainy [in Ukrainian].
13. Vernivskiy, P. (2020). Otkryv rynok zemli. My teper ne Venesuela i Severnaya Koreya. My teper Zimbabve i Zambiya [Having opened the land market, we are now not Venezuela and North Korea. We are Zimbabwe and Zambia now]. ua24. Retrieved from: https://ua24ua.net/otkriv-rinok-zemli-mi-teper-ne-venesuela-i-severnaya-koreya-mi-teper-zimbabve-i-zambiya/ [in Russian].
14. Mohylnyi, O.M. (2018). Derzhavne rehuliuvannia orendnykh zemelnykh vidnosyn: politekonomichnyi pidkhid [State regulation of lease land relations: political economic approach]. Efektyvna ekonomika – Efficient economy, 5. Retrieved from: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua [in Ukrainian].
15. Silhospzemlia v Ukraini podorozhchala: nazvano rehion iz naistrimkishym zrostanniam [Agricultural land in Ukraine has risen in price: the region with the fastest growth is named] (2021). Agroportal. Retrieved from: http://agroportal.ua/news/ukraina/selkhozzemlya-v-ukraine-podorozhala-nazvan-region-s-samym-stremitelnym-rostom/ [in Russian].
16. Malyi, I.Y., & Zahrebelna, K.V. (2012). Upravlinnia zemelnymy resursamy Ukrainy: mynule ta maibutnie [Land management of Ukraine: past and future]. Ekonomika ta derzhava – Economy and the state, 3, 28-33. DOI: 10.32702/2306-6806.2020.3.28 [in Ukrainian].
17. Pronina, O.V. (2014). Rehuliuvannia zemelnykh vidnosyn na prykladi zarubizhnoho dosvidu [Regulation of land relations on the example of foreign experience]. Teoriia ta praktyka derzhavnoho upravlinnia i mistsevoho samovriaduvannia – Theory and practice of public administration and local self-government, 1. Retrieved from: http://el-zbirn-du.at.ua/2014_1/20.pdf [in Ukrainian].
18. Kapelyushnikov, R.I. (2007). Novaya ataka na teoremu Kouza: preprint WP3/2007/01 [A new attack on the Cowes theorem: preprint WP3/2007/01]. Moskva: GU VShE [in Russian].
19. Yurchenko, E. (2021). Perspektyvy rynku zemli: khto v zoni ryzyku [Prospects of the land market: who is at risk]. yur-gazeta. Retrieved from: https://yur-gazeta.com/dumka-eksperta/perspektivi-rinku-zemli-hto-v-zoni-riziku.html [in Ukrainian].
20. Yurchenko, E. (2021). Tsina na zemliu: shcho ochikuvaty z 1 lypnia [Land price: what to expect from July 1]. epravda. Retrieved from: https://www.epravda.com.ua/columns/2021/06/28/675386/ [in Ukrainian].
21. «SETAM» z oseni mynuloho roku prodalo prava orendy zemli na 32 mln hrn [Since the autumn of last year, SETAM has sold the rights to lease land for 32 million UAH] (2019). interfax. Retrieved from: https://ua.interfax.com.ua/news/economic/563955.html [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "