USE OF INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC DATA BASES WEB OF SCIENCE AND SCOPUS FOR SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH AT AGRICULTURAL HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS
MAZUR Viktor – Candidate of Agricultural Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Plant Production, Selection and Bioenergetic Crops, Rector of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, 3 Soniachna Str., Vinnytsia).
MAZUR Kateryna – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, Head of the Department of Agrarian Management of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, 3 Soniachna Str., Vinnytsia).
PANTSYREVA Hanna – Candidate of Agricultural Sciences, Senior Lecturer of the Department of Forestry, landscape gardening, Horticulture and Viticulture of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, 3 Soniachna Str., Vinnytsia, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
In today's conditions of agrarian production in Ukraine, due to the rapid development of scientific and technological progress, a significant contribution belongs to scientific research based on world recognition, and publications in scientific journals indexed in the international science-computer databases of Web of Science and Scopus will lead to the possibility of modernization of modern science in agrarian institutions of higher education. It is established that realization of scientific researches in higher agricultural educational institutions is a prerequisite for increasing their competitiveness in the international scientific and educational space. So, agricultural universities, along with the implementation of their main function - educational - are engaged in field research and development of innovative research in the agrarian sector.
Today, in our country, there is already an experience in defining scientific research and innovation priorities, but until now, the research of domestic scientists did not take into account the use of large-scale modern information capacities to determine the effectiveness of scientific activity. In this regard, the attraction of information technology in combination with the use of international science-computer databases Web of Science and Scopus in the agrarian sphere will significantly expand the scientific outlook of scientists.
The aim of the study is to determine the main advantages of using the international science-computer databases Web of Science and Scopus for research in the agrarian sector and to provide suggestions for the search for data and selection of journals for their effective use in the research work of scientific and pedagogical workers of higher agrarian institutions. The information base of the study consists of the current legislation and normative acts of Ukraine, resolutions of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, official data of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine on scientific and innovative activities, data presented in the international science-computer databases of Web of Science and Scopus.
Current issues of the transformation of the scientific system at the state and world levels, which have a positive effect on the level of provision of the research sphere in combination with the staffing component of the scientific and technological potential, remain relevant in modern conditions. Today, we are seeing a deepening of the integration of education and agrarian science within the university sector, which is due to the increasing importance of scientific research and training of agronomists-researchers of the proper level. It has been established that the publication of the results of laboratory-field research in scientific journals indexed in the science science of Web of Science and Scopus should become a promising direction and actively develop among scientific groups of young scientists, in particular, when performing scientific research in agronomy.
At the present stage, the development of agrarian production is based not only on the achievements of agricultural sciences such as crop production, agriculture, ecology, fodder production, but also on a number of economic sciences. The studies have taken into account that the importance of research in agrarian science of this interaction is intensified in the conditions of structural transformations of the agricultural economy, as well as the provision of its innovative development, since the integrated interaction of agrarian production, science and agricultural education institutions has a positive effect.
In this scientific work, the necessity of the development of science-based research in agrarian universities was determined and the world's bibliometric platforms Web of Science and Scopus were analyzed. It also proved expediency of carrying out scientific researches with the use of science-based studies on the basis of agrarian institutions of higher education.
Under the international science and technology databases of Web of Science and Scopus, the criteria and standards necessary for the qualitative use of science in research are researched. Taking into account the results, the main criteria for the selection of science-computer platforms and their indicators were selected: the coverage of Ukrainian scientific publications and publications, the accuracy of data, including the veracity of the citation of the scientific publication, the filtering of excess data, the possibility of obtaining all information about the publication by author. The general characteristics of science-metric databases of Web of Science and Scopus (interface language, data volume, data source, science-metrics) were investigated and the main technical and functional characteristics were determined. Considered the availability of advanced search, the ability to communicate with scientists, the identification of a scientist, the possibility of a reference to a scientific publication.
After analyzing specialized literature and sites for the development of international science-computer databases for further thorough research, the course of publications to readers in the Internet space was determined, which is related to the active participation of authors in the placement of scientific articles in such information systems as Google Scholar, ORCID, Research ID.
Thus, in agrarian educational institutions, the availability of information and analytical activities in the context of complex changes in the information environment transforms the educational institution into a center of social communication, which is important for conducting research. In this regard, the involvement of information technology in conjunction with the use of international science-computer databases Web of Science and Scopus in the agrarian sphere will significantly expand the scientific outlook of scientists. Information provision of the scientific and educational process at the expense of publications of scientific articles of the corresponding level enhances the role of scientific and pedagogical workers in solving the problems faced by agrarian higher educational institutions at the present stage of development. Therefore, one of the priority directions of activity of scientific and pedagogical workers of agricultural higher educational institutions is the development of navigation functions in the world of science-computer systems in order to facilitate the transformation from the element of research into the participant of scientific and educational work and increase the scientific status of the university.
- Nazorovets, S.O. (2016). Kvartаlnyi pidkhid do problemy stymuliuvannia rostu naukovoi produktyvnosti v universytetakh [Quarterly approach to the problem of stimulating the growth of scientific productivity in universities]. Bibliotechnyi forum – Library Forum, 2 (4), 10-12 [in Ukrainian].
- Kolesnikova, T.A. (2013). Integracija ukrainskoj otraslevoj nauchnoj periodiki v mirovoe nauchno-informacionnoe prostranstvo: problemy i reshenija [Integration of Ukrainian sectoral scientific periodicals into the world scientific information space: problems and solutions]. Nauka ta prohres transportu. Visn. Dnipropetr. nats. un-tu zaliznych. transportu im. akad. V. Lazariana – Science and progress of transport. Visn. Dnepropetrovsk. nat. un-that rail. transport named afyer Acad. V. Lazaryan 6, 7-22. https://doi.org/10.15802/stp2013/19835 [in Ukrainian].
- Podrezova, M.O. (2013). Bibliohrafichna kultura periodychnoho vydannia yak napriam informatsiino-analitychnoi diialnosti biblioteky [Bibliographic culture of periodicals as a direction of information-analytical activity of the library]. Visn. ONU. Ser.: Bibliotekoznavstvo, bibliohrafoznavstvo, knyhoznavstvo – Visn. ONU. Ser.: Library Studies, Bibliography, Books, 1(9), 105-113 [in Ukrainian].
- Pruvot, E.B., Claeys-Kulik, A.L., Estermann, T. (2015). Designing strategies for efficient funding of universities in Europe. DEFINE Project Paper. Brussels: European University Association, pp. 20-22. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-20877-0_11
- Ukraine Ranking Web of Universities. Retrieved from: http://www.webometrics.info /en/Europe/Ukraine.
- Solovianenko, D.V. (2012). Polityka indeksatsii vydan u naukometrychnykh bazakh danykh Web of Science та SciVerse Scorpus [Policy of indexation of publications in science-based databases Web of Science та SciVerse Scorpus]. Bibliotechnyi visnyk – Library Bulletin, 1, 6-12 [in Ukrainian].
- Franchuk, V.M. (2012). Stupin predstavlennia VNZ v hlobalnii merezhi Internet [Degree of representation of higher educational institutions in the global Internet]. Naukovyi chasopys NPU imeni M. P. Drahomanova. Seriia № 2. Kompiuternooriientovani systemy navchannia: zbirnyk naukovykh prats. K.: NPU imeni M.P. Drahomanova – Scientific journal of MP Dragomanov NPU. Series No. 2. ComputerCentered Learning Systems: A Collection of Scientific Papers. K.: NPU named after M.P. Drahomanov, 13 (20), 66-72 [in Ukrainian].
- Ilchenko, M.Iu. (2009). Natsionalnyi tekhnichnyi universytet Ukrainy «KPI» u svitovomu Webreitynhu [National Technical University of Ukraine "KPI" in the world Web-rating]. Kyivskyi politekhnik – Kiev Polytechnic, 4 [in Ukrainian].
- Majesticseo [Electronic resource]. Access mode: http://www.majesticseo.com.
- Scimago Institutions Rankings [Electronic resource]. Access mode: http://www.scimagoir.com.
- Scopus [Electronic resource]. Access mode: http://www.scopus.com.
- Elsevier [Electronic resource]. Access mode: http://www.elsevier.com.
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "