CURRENT TRENDS OF AUTOTRANSPORT INSURANCE IN UKRAINE
MARTSENIUK Olena – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of Department of Finances, Banking and Insurance, Vinnytsia National Agrarian University (21008, Vinnitsa, 3, Soniachna Str., e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The research of the article is aimed at highlighting the essence and features of the functioning of the car insurance market in Ukraine. The study found that motor insurance is associated with profound economic and social changes in society due to mass motorization, the growth of the car fleet and traffic intensity, as well as huge material losses as a result of road accidents.
It should be noted that freight transport is developing quite rapidly both within the country and abroad. At the same time, an increase in the number of intercity bus transportation, excursion and tourist bus services has been established, and as a result, international motor tourism is growing. It is proved that these factors contribute to the growth of accidents, losses in the transportation of goods, increase accidents with passengers and pedestrians on highways and, accordingly, material and social losses of society, population, commercial and government agencies.
It is substantiated that insurance in general and civil liability insurance, as its integral part, is an infrastructure that helps to increase the efficiency of all areas of business. This determines the importance of the development of all types of insurance in Ukraine, taking into account the process of integration into the world community. It is established that the development of insurance market in our country should be based on the study and balanced use of experience of industrialized countries with long traditions in the insurance market, legal regulation of insurers and diversification of various types of insurance.
However, it should be borne in mind that the world community has invented universal means of compensation, which is the most popular type of liability insurance worldwide – is the insurance of civil liability of owners of land vehicles. It provides for the payment of monetary compensation to the victim in the amount that would be collected from the owner of the vehicle on a civil lawsuit in favor of a third party for damage to life and health, as well as for damage or loss of property due to an accident or other road – transport accident due to the fault of the insured.
Given the state and prospects of motorization in our country, as well as foreign experience in insurance market, we can say with confidence that liability insurance is one of the leading areas among other types of insurance. However, in its organization and implementation there are many different problems of legal, social, economic and organizational type.
Recommendations on the prospects for the development of civil liability insurance of owners of land vehicles in Ukraine are given.
1. Bazylevych, V.D., & Bazylevych, K.S. (2008). Strakhova sprava [Insurance business]. Kyiv: Znannia [in Ukrainian].
2. Vnukova, N.M. (2006). Mizhnarodne strakhuvannya [International Insurance]. Kyiv: Tsentr navchalnoi literatury [in Ukrainian].
3. Hovorushko, T.A., & Stetsyuk, V.M. (2014). Strakhuvannya [Insurance]. Lviv: «Mahnoliya 2006» [in Ukrainian].
4. Honcharuk, I.V. (2017). Perspektyvy rozvytku strakhovoho rynku [Prospects for the development of the insurance market]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Cherkaskoho derzhavnoho tekhnolohichnoho universytetu. Seriia: Ekonomichni nauky – Collection of scientific works of Cherkasy State Technological University. Series: Economic Sciences, 44 (2), 87-93 [in Ukrainian].
5. Shirinyan, L.V. (Eds.). (2020). Konkurentospromozhnist strakhovoho rynku Ukrainy v umovakh aktyvizatsii hlobalizatsijnykh protsesiv [Competitiveness of the insurance market of Ukraine in the conditions of activation of globalization processes]. Kyiv: Publishing House Lira – K [in Ukrainian].
6. Martsenіuk, O.V. (2020). Intehratsiyni protsesy yak chynnyk rozvytku strakhovoho rynku Ukrayiny [Integration processes as a factor in the development of the insurance market of Ukraine]. Derzhavne upravlinnia: udoskonalennia ta rozvytok – Public Administration: Improvement and Development, 2. Retrieved from: http://www.dy.nayka.com.ua [in Ukrainian].
7. Sait Motornoho (transportnoho) strakhovoho biuro Ukrainy [Site of the Motor (Transport) Insurance Bureau of Ukraine]. www.mtsbu.ua Retrieved from: http://www.mtsbu.ua [in Ukrainian].
8. Sait Natsionalnoi komisii, shcho zdiisniuie derzhavne rehuliuvannia u sferi rynkiv finansovykh posluh [Site of the National Commission for State Regulation of Financial Services Markets]. nfp.gov.ua Retrieved from: https://nfp.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
9. Sait Patrulnoi politsii Ukrainy [Site of the Patrol Police of Ukraine]. patrol.police.gov.ua. Retrieved from: http://patrol.police.gov.ua/statystyka [in Ukrainian].
10. Zakon Ukrainy «Pro oboviazkove strakhuvannia tsyvilno-pravovoi vidpovidalnosti vlasnykiv nazemnykh transportnykh zasobiv» [Law of Ukraine «On compulsory insurance of civil liability of owners of land vehicles»]. (n.d.). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/cgibin/laws/=4015 [in Ukrainian].
11. Ruda, O.L. (2020). Rozvytok strakhovoho rynku v Ukrayini [Development of the insurance market in Ukraine]. Efektyvna ekonomika – Effective economy, 2. Retrieved from: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua [in Ukrainian].
12. Statystyka strakhovoho rynku v Ukraini. Sait informatsiinoho ahentstva «Forinshurer» [Statistics of the insurance market in Ukraine. News agency site «Forinshurer»]. forinsurer.com. Retrieved from: https://forinsurer.com/stat [in Ukrainian].
13. Strategy of development of the insurance market of Ukraine for 2012-2021. ufu.org.ua. Retrieved from: http://ufu.org.ua/ua/about/activities5257 [in Ukrainian].
14. Shirinyan, L.V., & Shirinian, A.A. (2019). Kliuchovi pokaznyky efektyvnosti funktsionuvannia strakhovoho rynku dlia derzhavy [Key indicators of efficiency of functioning insurance market for the state]. Biznes Inform – Business Inform, 8, 158-164 [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "