STRATEGIC ASPECTS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS: THE REGIONAL DIMENSION
MARTYNENKO Valentyna – Doctor of Economics, Professor, Professor of the Department of Public Finance, State Tax University (08205, Irpin, Kyiv region, 31, University Str., e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The actualization and practical implementation of the concept of sustainable development in Ukraine began after 2015, when our country officially joined the global process of ensuring the Sustainable Development Goals. The purpose of the article is to study the place of local self-government in the financial support of the strategy for achieving the Sustainable Development Goals of Ukraine in the context of limited budgetary resources and decentralization. In the course of the analysis of the strategic role of local self-government in the financial support of the Sustainable Development Goals of Ukraine, it is found that municipal authorities, whose financial resources account for 35.0% of public finances, are responsible for achieving strategic objectives in the context of 7 Goals (41.2%). In order to assess the strategic potential of financial support for the Sustainable Development Goals at the regional level, the author proposes a methodological approach that takes into account the Pearson’s pairwise correlation coefficients. In this case, the values are taken that show a high density of stochastic relationship between the relevant indicator of formation and distribution of financial resources of local budgets and the indicator of the Sustainable Development Goals. There should also be an unidirectionality of Pearson’s coefficients with the intended purpose of the indicator. The progress in achieving the strategic objective (sub-objective) is based on the indicators with the highest correlation coefficients. It is substantiated that significant progress was made at the regional level in 2015-2021 with regard to Goal 17 «Partnership for Sustainable Development», since positive trends in the dynamics of 55% of the indicators of strategic objectives («sub-goals») were recorded. The author’s further research will focus on assessing progress towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals in Ukraine, the financial support of which is the responsibility of local self-government bodies, especially in the context of martial law.
1. Tsili Staloho Rozvytku: Ukraina: natsionalna dopovid [Sustainable Development Goals: Ukraine: National Report]. (2017). surl.li. Retrieved from: http://surl.li/mhsda [in Ukrainian].
2. Dehtyarova, I.B., Melnyk, O.I., & Romanchenko, Ya.V. (2014). Ekonomichni ta finansovi instrumenty zabezpechennia staloho rehionalnoho rozvytku: dosvid YeS [Economic and financial instruments for ensuring sustainable regional development: EU experience]. Mizhnarodnyi naukovyi zhurnal «Mekhanizm rehuliuvannia ekonomiky» – International Scientific Journal «Mechanism of Economy Regulation», 3, 18–27 [in Ukrainian].
3. Vasylchuk, I.P. (2015). Finansy staloho rozvytku yak vidpovid na vyklyky postindustrialnoi ekonomiky [Sustainable development finance as a response to the post-industrial economy challenges]. Problemy ekonomiky – The Problems of Economy, 2, 213–218 [in Ukrainian].
4. Tulai, O. (2020). Financial support of state social programs: conceptual dominants in the context of achieving the goals of sustainable development of Ukraine [Financial support of state social programs: conceptual dominants in the context of achieving the goals of sustainable development of Ukraine]. Svit finansiv – World of Finance, 4 (65), 8–22. DOI: https://doi.org/10.35774/sf2020.04.008 [in Ukrainian].
5. Yu, Y., & Huang, J. (2021). Poverty reduction of sustainable development goals in the 21st century: A bibliometric analysis. Frontiers in Communication, 6, 754181. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3389/fcomm.2021.754181 [in English].
6. Kovalivska, S.V., & Barannik, V.O. (2021). Zaprovadzhennia mekhanizmiv dosiahnennia tsilei staloho rozvytku v Ukraini u mizhrehionalnomu spivrobitnytstvi [Implementation of mechanisms for achieving sustainable development goals in Ukraine in interregional cooperation]. Kyiv: National Institute for Strategic Studies [in Ukrainian].
7. Dziamulych, M. (2023). Finansove zabezpechennia staloho rozvytku rehionu [Financial security of sustainable development of the region]. Ekonomichnyi forum – Economic Forum, 1 (3), 128–133. DOI: https://doi.org/10.36910/6775-2308-8559-2023-3-16 [in Ukrainian].
8. Liakhovych, O., Dziurakh, Y., Kucher, A., Danko, T., Vilhutska, R., & Luchko, H. (2023). Security dimension of financial support for the sustainable development of Ukrainian regions. European Journal of Sustainable Development, 12 (2), 245–261. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14207/ejsd.2023.v12n2p245 [in English].
9. Labenko, О.М. (2023). Finansove zabezpechennia staloho rozvytku suspilstva [Financial support for sustainable development of the society]. Ekonomika, finansy, menedzhment: aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky – Economy, finances, management: topical issues of science and practical activity, 1 (63), 88-97. DOI: https://doi.org/10.37128/2411-4413-2023-1-7 [in Ukrainian].
10. Martynenko, V.V. (2019). Estimation of the efficiency of the tax component of the fiscal policy in Ukraine. Strategic Management: Global Trends and National Peculiarities. Kielce: Publishing House «Baltija Publishing» [in English].
11. Martynenko, V.V. (2019). Assessment of favourableness for the tax system of Ukraine in the international context. Baltic Journal of Economic Studies, 5 (2), 124–130. DOI: https://doi.org/10.30525/2256-0742/2019-5-2-124-130 [in English].
12. Martynenko, V.V., & Zamota, I.O. (2019). Borhova bezpeka Ukrainy: teoretychni zasady ta otsinka stanu [Ukraine’s debt security: theoretical fundamentals and assessment of the state]. Naukovyi visnyk Khersonskoho derzhavnoho universytetu. Seriia «Ekonomichni nauky» – Scientific Bulletin of Kherson State University. Series «Economic Sciences», 35, 35–39. DOI: https://doi.org/10.32999/ksu2307-8030/2019-35-6 [in Ukrainian].
13. Transforming our world: The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. UN General Assembly Resolution of 25.09.2015. № A/70/L.1. undp.org. Retrieved from: https://www.undp.org/sites/g/files/zskgke326/files/migration/ua/Agenda2030-eng.pdf [in English].
14. Informatsiine zabezpechennia monitorynhu TsSR, metadani: Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy [Information support for SDG monitoring, metadata: State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. (2023). ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/csr_prezent/2020/ukr/st_ rozv/metadata/metadata.htm [in Ukrainian].
15. Analiz dzherel ta instrumentiv zaluchennia finansovykh resursiv dlia finansuvannia Tsilei staloho rozvytku v Ukraini [Analysis of sources and instruments for raising financial resources to finance the Sustainable Development Goals in Ukraine] (2022). surl.li. Retrieved from: http://surl.li/htiot [in Ukrainian].
16. Luvch, D. Methodology of the SDG integrated budgeting framework in Ukraine. undp.org. Retrieved from: https://www.undp.org/sites/g/ files/zskgke326/files/migration/ua/UNDP-SDGsBudgetTagging-EN_v02.pdf [in English].
17. Biudzhet Ukrainy 2021: statystychnyi zbirnyk [Budget of Ukraine 2021: statistical collection]. (2022). Kyiv: Ministerstvo finansiv Ukrainy [in Ukrainian].
18. Pro zakhyst interesiv subiektiv podannia zvitnosti ta inshykh dokumentiv u period dii voiennoho stanu abo stanu viiny: Zakon Ukrainy № 2115-IX [On the Protection of the Interests of Entities Submitting Reports and Other Documents During the Period of Martial Law or a State of War: Law of Ukraine № 2115-IX]. (2022, March 3). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/ show/2115-20#Text [in Ukrainian].
071 Accounting and taxation
072 Finance, banking and insurance
076 Business, trade and exchange activities
241 Hotel, restaurant and catering
281 Public administration
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is included in the "List of Scientific Professional Editions of Ukraine".
The scientific edition is assigned the Category "Б" in the field of economics in specialties 051, 071, 072, 073, 075, 076, 241, 281
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The journal “Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practice” is indexed in such database as Index Copernicus Value (https://journals.indexcopernicus.com/search/form)
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the principles of scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational support of the most significant innovative researches, observance of standards of publishing ethics.
The purpose of the journal "Economics, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity» is the coverage of leading scientific ideas in the economic, financial and management activities of the sectors of the national economy and the involvement of representatives of the domestic and foreign scientific professional community.
Objectives of the journal:
- publication of research findings on innovation in the economy, financial and management spheres, innovation of production processes;
- expanding partnerships with international scientific publishing organizations;
- enhancing the culture of reviewing and annotating published material;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of the educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the order Rector of the Higher Education University Mazura VA dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
An additional copy of the magazine with the mailing list costs 250 UAH.
Recipient: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 Code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the journal: ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity "
It was founded in 1997 under the name "Bulletin of the Vinnytsia State Agricultural Institute". In 2010-2014 he was published under the title “Collection of scientific works of Vinnitsa National Agrarian University”.
From 2015 ”Economy, finances, management: Topical issues of science and practical activity” (Certificate of State Registration of Mass Media No. 21154-10954 of PR as of December 31, 2014)
The journal is the successor to the edition ”Collection of Scientific Papers of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. Series: Economic Sciences. "